Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

driving while eating

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by podrido, May 5, 2006.

1. podrido

podrido Veteran Member

The Most Dangerous Foods
    Tuesday May 2, 10:35 am ET
    By Selena Maranjian
    We all should know that a package of raw chicken forgotten overnight on a kitchen counter will become a dangerous food. We also likely know that blowfish is risky, able to kill its ingesters if improperly prepared. But a clean, well-made cup of coffee? Dangerous? As it turns out, it's all about where you drink it.
    [SIZE=-2]ADVERTISEMENT[/SIZE]
    if The folks at Insure.com, who focus on the exciting arena of insurance, recently released a list of "The 10 Most Dangerous Foods to Eat." Okay, that title actually included these words at the end: "While Driving." Still, danger is danger.
    Their intent was to publicize how dangerous it can be to drive while eating and/or drinking. And we're not talking alcohol here -- coffee was No. 1 on the list, followed by hot soup. Before I share the list with you, here are some sobering statistics:
    The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has found that distractions in cars caused about 25% of car crashes. The Response Insurance Agency surveyed drivers in 2000, finding that eating while driving was the No. 2 driving distraction (after fiddling with the radio and before turning to chat with passengers). Some 57% of drivers admitted to eating and driving. A 2001 survey of ExxonMobil (NYSE: XOM - News) drivers found that nearly three-quarters eat while driving, up from 58% in 1995. A whopping 83% drink non-alcoholic beverages while driving. Some research suggests that dealing with spills and messes is even more troublesome than eating or drinking. Either way, dining at the wheel clearly leads to a lot of trouble.
    Here is Insure.com's list of the top offenders:
    Coffee
    Hot soup
    Tacos
    Chili
    Hamburgers
    Barbecued food
    Fried chicken
    Jelly or cream-filled donuts
    Soft drinks
    Chocolate
    This issue is a big deal. It doesn't just cause damage or death -- it costs us all money. More accidents mean that either we or insurance companies are picking up the tab. Insurance companies are aware of the problem and are looking into what they might do about it. You can learn more about the less-dangerous-but-still-critical topic of insurance in our Insurance Center. You may not have thought about some kinds of insurance, such as disability or long-term care insurance, but they're vital for many people. And, of course, properly insuring your property is vital, too. Take a little time to learn more. You may be very happy you did, especially if some calamity occurs in the future.

seriously
    who in their right mind would eat hot soup while driving?
    the only food i have ever been able to eat while driving was a burrito from tacobell.
    [​IMG]
    and maybe a slice of pizza but i eat most of it before i even start driving. any other type of food is way too messy to try and eat while driving.
    now as for drinking and driving well lets just say ive never had aproblem doing that.
    [​IMG]

deeznuts
    i mean discuss:shakehead:

Last edited: May 5, 2006
  2. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

taco bell soft tacos work good too because you can roll them up tight and avoid spillage.

We got pulled over not too long ago, coming home after about 10 Heinikens each and fully scarfing taco bell... and apparently driving erratically. So, anyway, we pull to the curb, cop comes up and sees the food and asks for the papers. So I find the registration and stuff and I hand it over (it's in this booklet type thing)... So, the cop opens it and all this green vegetable matter kinda spills out. So, immediately, the cop gets wiseass, saying "Oh, and I suppose that's lettuce that just fell out of the book?" to which I deadpan reply, "Nope, that's pistachios..." and it was... so they hassled us for a while and sent us on our way... and to commemorate our victory we cracked a couple more beers and sparked it.

3. villain

villain Veteran Member

I used to get up before dawn on the regular to drive in some retarted ass traffic giving me an average speed of 30mph so I would eat breakfast in my car every day. I've found that dunkin donuts is the most driver friendly. The coffee lids are pretty much dummy proof, and their sandwiches rarely fall apart on you. The only drawback is that they don't have drivethrough.

4. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

5. Skilla54

Skilla54 Senior Member

its hard to eat anything that needs a spoon. fries are the easiest to snack on while driving. ice cream is my nemisis while driving.

6. paintfetish

paintfetish Member

that article is annoying.

7. The Man with the Answers

The Man with the Answers Member

I'm real type A neat freak, so I don't eat, drink or smoke in my car, nor let any garbage build up...

8. After School Special

After School Special Banned

Sometimes I eat lobster on my cellphone while reading the paper while driving to school.

It's de lish us.

And saves time.

Nawmean?

9. Spitfire15

Spitfire15 12oz Loyalist

WHen i was like 10 my dad made me hold the steering wheel when were doing like 80 down the highway so he could eat his food.

10. BadWithNames

BadWithNames Member

fries on the passenger seat.

11. dirtydoses

dirtydoses Veteran Member

there is nothing better than eating a huge messy taco while driving andsmoking, talking on the phone, changing the ventaltion while making a new playlist on the ipod.

12. Jackson

Jackson Veteran Member

BBQ wings or something would be so fucking greasy.

13. AyeBee

AyeBee Veteran Member

Co-signed

14. fuse=--action

fuse=--action Senior Member

The GIMP, makros?
    Awesome program.

Anywho, hambugers? Check it, I've been in a wreck on my way to get a hamburger, but never while eating one. So unless the hamburger that I was about to buy set me up, I don't think it played any part.

Also, I've never gotten in a wreck while drunk, but I have while completely sober, so I decided that driving sober is a bad idea for me. Not that I follow through, but it's a theory.
    -fuse.

15. podrido

podrido Veteran Member

they should just make a tiny robot that feeds you.

kinda like the gyromite robot. but u know like more advanced.
    [​IMG]