Driving from Chicago to Sao Paulo, Brasil

LaCosaNostra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest HESHIANDET

there are alot of surf books about road tripping down to central and south america. its an ill fucking thing to do, but its definitely do-able.

Nearly 40 percent of all the tropical rainforest left in the world is in the Brazilian Amazon. Brazil, the largest country in South America, has perhaps the best opportunity remaining to save large tracks of tropical rainforest. Although Brazil has lost approximately 58 percent of its frontier forests (large tracks of relatively undisturbed old growth forest), the country still has are over 772,200 square miles of frontier forest, among the largest amount of any country worldwide.

If you decide to do that you might want to bring more than that one gun. Alot of those highways have alot of bandits who make a living by robbing people on the highway. Alot of corrupt officials, so take some bribery money. And San Paulo is a really really gritty city, as I'm sure a few members of this board can tell you. My mom used to live in brazil, she said its beautiful but very dangerous.

Dont let any of this discourage you just be prepared.

EDIT-san paulo is where os gemos is from right?

Hmm ok. 1 .Ive traveled all over the world. Ive lived in chicago I love it. 2. I had some family from basil and portugal. One word Sao paulo is dangerous. Murder capitial of the world. If you ever plan on goin dress down. haha. oh yea and the stop lights after 12 are treated as Stop signs. The chances of you gettin car jacked , robbed while walkin, or murdered are very GOOD. All im sayin to a fellow 12oz memeber is be Fuckin careful. Alot of those cats dont givea fuck and like said abve somewhere make a living off that shit. and oh yea Cops dont care. When did you plan on goin? iIm down to ride with! ahahahaha. brasil is tha shizzo..and the ladies are fuckin beautiful...*drools*

Originally posted by ink Lunatic

TT, do you work with me? me and my buddy had this discussion 2 days ago, except it was vancouver to brasil.

if your talking to me,no..

yea, i dont know when im going to go or any of that and kinda doubt that i will....im just looking for peoples input about it

like NOE1 said, very dangerous. ive been to rio and sao paulo. its pretty much common sense but multiply it by 100. dont carry a wallet, jewelry, or even a watch. Dress down, no gator boots fuckin gucci button ups goddamn prada pants or no shit like that. Wear a brazilian soccer shirt or some shit to blend in.

Stay in the heavily populated tourist area. DO NOT decide to wander around like some dumb american curious tourist into the ghettos or you will get hurt/killed. During the bright daylight near the resorts and shit its ok to flash a little, but not at night at all.

Knowing brazilian or even spanish will increase your chances of survival if you decide to wander however. As for the police, corrupt corrupt corrupt. they dont give a fuck about you they just want some money. Now im not saying its impossible to have fun or even leave the resort areas, just be very cautious.

I had a fuckin great time the whole time. Even when we came across some bandits while traveling the mountain outskirts, it was still an awesome experience. Thankfully i had protection known enough to the area for them to not fuck with us. Conclusion, go for it. have fun. be careful. /end.

All good points here. Dress like what a homeless guy from america would consider trashy. avoid deserted areas. If your white you might want to stick to tourist areas like others said , being white can make you an easy target.

Some of the better things are being able to get up during the day and sunday there are no cops.....beautiful women....a small amount of money will take care of cops.

DONT DO ROLLERS!!! lol

Archived