Driving a stolen car to the pawn shop to sell things you've stolen

Ski Mask

is not really the brightest idea.

Monday, October 07, 2002

SURREY, B.C. (CP) - All this Mountie wanted was a sandwich, but he ended up with a slew of arrests on the side.

Const. Ed Boettcher was taking a break from surveillance duty to get a sandwich when he noticed a car parked at a nearby pawn shop.

He ran the plate, found the car had been stolen, followed it and helped arrest the driver and passenger, RCMP said Monday.

Back at the sandwich shop, he saw a well-known car thief getting out of a pickup truck, checked the plate and found the truck had been stolen.

The driver was arrested.

When Boettcher finally got inside the sandwich shop, his partner in their unmarked car spotted two men carrying golf bags into the pawn shop.

It turned out their car was also stolen and they were eventually arrested as well.

© Copyright 2002 CP Broadcast News

thats surrey for you. car theft capital of north america....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest --zeSto--

I saw a piece on the news about BC car theft crimes.

They say that most of the stolen cars are useed for other crimes.

People boost a ride then jack the bank.

and I thought it was all hippies out there.

Originally posted by ese

SURREY, B.C. (CP) - All this Mountie wanted was a sandwich....

Const. Ed Boettcher was taking a break from surveillance duty to get a sandwich when he noticed a car parked at a nearby pawn shop....

Back at the sandwich shop...

When Boettcher finally got inside the sandwich shop. ...

ok..so if you're going to commit a crime, make sure it's not in the vicinity of a deli, 7/11, or doughnut shop

cops=professional snackers who sometimes arrest people

Guest Dusty Lipschitz
Originally posted by ese

you aint been to newark, nj...

funny article homie

right place at the right time.

one time i was a cook in a restaurant in a department store. so dood steals something and is being chased by security thru the store, in the restaurant, out the back door. thinking he was slick, he dipped into the holiday inn next door and into the main conference room. right where the state police were having their annual convention.

Guest --zeSto--

haha!

It's a Nanaimo Bar.

Base

2 squares (oz.) semi-sweet chocolate

2 cups graham cracker crumbs

1 cup cocnut

1/2 cup softened butter

1/2 cupt chopped walnuts

2 tablespoons sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 egg

Filling

1/4 cup butter, softened

3 tablespoons milk

2 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding

2 cups confectioners (powdered) sugar

Glaze

4 squares (oz.) semi-sweet chocolate

1 tablespoon butter

soooooo sweet !

All I know is I've seen more than one westfalia camper with phish stickers on it out here.

I think newark may take it on sheer number of cars stolen, but per 100,000 people there are more cars stolen out in surrey than anywhere else in north america. what a claim to fame eh? glad I live in the spic and span, crime free DES instead! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by ese

car theft capital of north america....

they might as well have community cars like they do w/ bikes in portland..

if that cop was smart (oxymoron, perhaps), he'd have ordered the first time, gone to arrest the dude, and his sandwich would be ready when he got back, then he could have eaten it and arrested the other guy, come back and take a piss, then go arrest whoever...

• 1 month later...

i was so cold last week while waiting for a mate, i seriously debated breaking in to the nearest car (happened to be a bmw) so i could sit down and keep warm. it was in broad daylight, so prolly not a good idea

Originally posted by ese

Monday, October 07, 2002

SURREY, B.C. (CP) - All this Mountie wanted was a sandwich, but he ended up with a slew of arrests on the side.

Const. Ed Boettcher was taking a break from surveillance duty to get a sandwich when he noticed a car parked at a nearby pawn shop.

He ran the plate, found the car had been stolen, followed it and helped arrest the driver and passenger, RCMP said Monday.

Back at the sandwich shop, he saw a well-known car thief getting out of a pickup truck, checked the plate and found the truck had been stolen.

The driver was arrested.

When Boettcher finally got inside the sandwich shop, his partner in their unmarked car spotted two men carrying golf bags into the pawn shop.

It turned out their car was also stolen and they were eventually arrested as well.

© Copyright 2002 CP Broadcast News

...............only in canada.

news from surrey is always good for a laugh....

Surrey family arrested following robbery

Monday, November 18, 2002

RCMP say a 37-year-old father, 36-year-old mother and their 16-year-old son have been arrested after a robbery and chase in Surrey.

Constable Tim Shields describes all three as crack addicts, well-known to police.

After responding to an alarm, police found the trio trying to flee from a convenience store in a small car.

The stolen vehicle rammed the police car and drove over a sidewalk. The pursuit ended down the street after the car drove onto a lawn and crushed a canoe before slamming into a tree.

All three ran into nearby woods but were chased down and captured.

Cigarettes, lottery tickets, cash and phone cards were found in the disabled car

Archived