dress code...

grand_one

some kid tells me today:

"you don't write! - you don't even dress like a writer."

what the fuck?!?! can someone clue me in. i want to look like a writer...

anyone else ever experience something like this?

i mean... this kid was serious... said it with a straight face... i'm just wondering, is anyone really that stupid?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dont try and discourage that attitude, its helpful for you in the longrun. While he's out bombing (assuming he's not just in it for the month cause its the trendy thing to do) and getting grilled by the cops for "looking like a writer" you'll be out doing your thing without drawing attention to yourself...

Originally posted by modesto

Ain't that some shish?

Tell that fool a writer only looks like a writer when he's writing. Reguardless of his or her gear.

i agree completely and people like that make me sick if i got told that shiiiit id teach the boy a lesson and hopefully straighten him up before he corrupts more of the community.

Guest mikro137

this is a gay ass post. WHO THE FUCK CARES ABOUT IF WHAT YOUR WEARING ISNT SOME SORT OF UNIFORM. you are a fucking retard. this post is gay. i rock a puffy pirate shirt a pirate hat and an eye patch when i bomb , so i can say im a baseball fan (read: pirate fan...)

Yeah fuck that , i dress all different ways depending on what i feel like ,from prep to skate to hiphop to vagrant............anyhow , i went to get caps in my dress pants , turtle neck and dkny jacket , and the guy tells me they dont sell them there , i say fuck you ass face ive bought them here like 50 times you do so , theyre in that glass case right there *points to glass case* , he says ohh i think were out , i say no youre not just gimme three of each ny , and get it over with . anyhow i got my caps but still its annoying

Guest JoeHatesCops

hmm

I think I know what he means, alot of writers, at least from what ive seen, wear skate shoes and dress prep hip hop, with a hat all cocked at an angle, and have I dont give a fuck attitude you can see from a mile away, or there introverted kids, who are real small, and wear brands like ralph lauren or quicksilver, thats what I see. But thats all bullshit, you can dress however the hell you want, dressing like a writer isnt going to get you ups

Originally posted by dai

i've never seen the sense in dressing like that...aren't punks supposed to be against things like wearing glasses with plastic lenses? isn't that trying to fit a trend?

emo and punk are different but please lets not even get into this shit.

All writers are dorks who don't know how to dress, and to the guy who says they don't suspect crackers --- most writers are white, if you're writing in a bad neighborhood you stand out like a sore thumb! It don't matter how you're dressed, if they spot you they'll suspect...

Archived