Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

dreamweaver question

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by seeking, Jan 3, 2002.

1. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

i need to make a background that does not scroll when you scroll the page... so the image stays static, but the words above it scroll. i know theres a really easy way to do it, i just cant remember and cant find my book.

anyone?

im sure theres an easy html code for it as well, so if someone wants to hook me up wiht it, id be more than happy to plug it in... thanks...

2. stentoria

stentoria New Jack

<background="fixed"> or

<bg properites="fixed"> or

<body background="ilistentoboygeorgesmusic.jpg" behavior="fixed">

3. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

This is done easiest via layering with Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), but it's only compatable with version 4.x+ browsers. The first layer scrolls, the second layer doesnt. Edit the variables to suit your needs. For more indepth info search google for CSS topics.

Code:

<STYLE TYPE="text/css">

<!--

#layer0 {

position:	fixed;

top: 10px;

left: 50px;

background-color:#CCcccc;

border-width:	10;

border-color:	#ffcc33;

width: 512px;

}

#layer1 {

/*

position:	absolute;

top: 120px;

left: 50px;

*/

float: right;

background-color:#CC00EE;

border-width:	1;

border-color:	#CC00EE;

width: 200px;

}

-->

</STYLE>

4. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

BTW, that code goes into the header of your document just after the title.

5. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

do i need to alter the code at all to include the image code, table size or anything? cause i put it in, but it didnt seem to do anything...

6. beardo

beardo Guest

seek.. did they firewall quickbuddy? i cant get on

7. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

i dotn know... if they did, it wasnt cause of me.....

try again in a minute, soemtimes it just cant connect....

like the big 'a'? i was gonna do the full name but then i forgot. i cant believe your back at work already. that blows.

despite the incredible amount of fun i had last time, im thinking of coming back later this month... woo, woo...

8. beardo

beardo Guest

haha i dont know if theres anything in town left to do.

9. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

we could eat at the chinese spot again.

you know a vacation was a little lackluster when the only thing that goes right is your dinners at the corner chinese restaurant.

and dont worry, this time im staying with the couple.... nothing is cuter than coming home and finding my bed made, my clothes washed, snacks that i like and then she doesnt even want to argue about shit. i should have lived with other peoples girlfriends all along, my life would have been so much better....