Dreadlock tips...

NoEZ

I'm getting my hair dreaded in about a week. I wanted to ask the people on here who have dreads what are some tips for keeping them in nice condition. I know of some tricks but I want ot see what some of you have done to keep them in good condition. Post pictures of your dreads if you want...I'll probably post mine when I get em done.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by noezywriter

I'm getting my hair dreaded in about a week....I'll probably post mine when I get em done.

when you get them done? you fucking dick cheese. you going to the god damn salon to get your hair dreaded?

you want a 'tip'?

that shit is so 98.

f'real. just stop white boy.

listening to one bob marley album and smoking pot doesnt mean you're a fucking buffalo soldier.

seeks/nooooooooooooooooo

Ok let me reply to most of you here.

seeking:

I'm not going to a salon...im getting it done naturally and cheap. And I think your the dick cheese by thinking you know about my lifestyle. Reggae music and pot smoking has nothing to do with my decision. I've thought about getting dreadlocks for years and years. Way before I even knew what pot was. And how do you know I'm white. So keep your ignorant comments to your self.

effyoo:

Residue free shampoo is what I would use. I know about cleaning them. But thanks.

Dr. Dazzle:

I'm gonna get em. I've thought about it long and hard for years. And I've made my decision.

truth be told man, i had em for 10 years. dope ones too. not all jacked up, shitty, hippy dreads, but also not done at a salon. i took care of my shit and steady got compliments on how they didnt smell, and proper.

then one day i cut them off, completely on a whim, and ever since then ive wondered why the fuck i didnt do it sooner.

the difference between you and i though, is i wasnt some little snot nosed retard who wanted to be down with the latest fashion shit, so i booked an apointment, to spend 200 bucks on getting my hair fucking dreaded. jesus. the only thing that makes me sicker than hippies with dreds, are white kids with mall dreads

do the whole world a favor, and if you honestly think its 'cool' for you to have them, just shoot yourserlf.

do it for bob, he'd want it that way.

i wrote that before reading your reply.

but i still stand behind everything i said.

if you think im so 'wrong' in my assumptions, prove me wrong. give me any indication that you arent just dickriding on a 'fashion' that isnt actually a fashion at all, but a way of life...one you know nothing about.

There you go again seeking...acting liek you know why I'm getting dreadlocks. Hoow is it I want to be down with the latest fashion when I thought about getting dreads before it even became the "in" thing to do. And you don't know what Bob would want. So why don't you do the world a favor and shut up.

Haha...ok i typed that before I read your reply....so let me post this real quik before you go off on me. If you wanna talk about it easier you can talk to me on aim if you want. Otherwise...i don't really think I need to tell you why I decided to get dreads. Unless its more one to one type discussion. sn: eyekilledu

Dude, the only guys that i know who ever got steady pussy with dreads are black and maybe one or two rare white exceptions like my friends jeff and Ska-tea.

All the guys i know who had dreads and then cut them off suddenly got more pussy than they knew what to do with.

having dreads does not make your hair fall out, nor does it preclude you from having sex. i had plenty of sex, and dreads.

i also lost out on a shit load of opportunities, because i was 'keeping it real' and staying 'true' to myself.

really all i was doing was insuring i had bullshit service industry jobs, and got fucking staired at everywhere i went.

its your life man, but im talking from experience, get one of those dogs that has dreads, or like, a venus fly trap or something....anything but dreads.

the world needs less pretentious white kids who think they're breaking down color bariers by climbing into something they dont understand.

if you wanna tell me about how you researched rastafarianism, and atleast had the respect for it to have a basic understanding, id shut up right now, but i know you didnt.

being white guy with dreads, and no understanding of the culture behind it, is like being a black guy and dressing like a fucking matador.

shit just looks silly.

now that is my final statement, and im asleep.

seeks/zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

i dont see why anyone should care what he does with his hair. it affects noone but him. ive had everything from a shaved slick head to hair to the middle of my back to a hot pink mowhawk. did my hair kill anyone i met? no. some people didnt like it but i could careless.

do what you want to do with your body and fuck anyone who doesnt like it.

http://www.knottyboy.com/

that web page has a shit load of stuff on dreads, hope they turn out good

LENS...your stupid...i don't change my appearance for women. If they don't liek me because I have a certain hairstyle then I don't want them anyway.

Seeking....I guess your not going to do the aim thing so I'll try to explain my reasons as best as I can on here.

The first time I ever thought about having dreadlocks was probably sometime during 4th grade I think it was if my memory is correct. I'll be totally honest, Bob Marley was what gave me the idea of dreadlocks. My teacher had brought in a tape of Bob Marley and the Wailers which was the first I ever heard a Bob Marley song. After the class listened to it I was blown away by the music. The teacher then started talking about Bob and giving us pretty much his life story even though most of the kids didn't understand most of what she was talking about. I understood as much as my young mind could being only 7 or 8. But from what I did understand I was very interested in his life. She even talked about rastafarianism and teh devotion to dreads. TO be truthful I thought I should get dreads not because of any devotion or religous decision..I was just a little kid and was influenced. Obviously my parents didn't let me..haha. But ever since then I studied reggae..rastafarianism..and my want for dreads grew. I never wanted to be rastafarian, it was just teh devotion this religion had to dreads that intrigued me. I felt that I wanted to have something to devote my life and time to jsut as they did and still do. Who knows maybe I will decide to devote my life to much more like the actual religion dreads revolve around. But I'm not ready fo r that much weight on my back jsut yet. I'm still a little confused about what I want my life to be devoted to such as religion. Theres more to my reasons but my computer lags when I type so I'm getting tired of the lagging. IF you want to hear more seeks jsut hit me up on aim. I'll be glad to tell you more. My comp doesn't lag on aim.

Archived