Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Dreadlock tips...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by NoEZ, Oct 15, 2003.

1. NoEZ

NoEZ New Jack

I'm getting my hair dreaded in about a week. I wanted to ask the people on here who have dreads what are some tips for keeping them in nice condition. I know of some tricks but I want ot see what some of you have done to keep them in good condition. Post pictures of your dreads if you want...I'll probably post mine when I get em done.

2. anonymity1

anonymity1 Senior Member

grow your hair out really long, throw your comb away and dont wash your hair for a month...then hop in the back of a pick up truck through a couple of states. Walla

3. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

Dude, you totally gotta wash them everyday, or else the get all hippy-looking.

4. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

when you get them done? you fucking dick cheese. you going to the god damn salon to get your hair dreaded?
    you want a 'tip'?
    that shit is so 98.
    f'real. just stop white boy.
    listening to one bob marley album and smoking pot doesnt mean you're a fucking buffalo soldier.

seeks/nooooooooooooooooo

5. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

Hahaha!

Its like he's saying what we're all thinking!

6. JUDONO?

JUDONO? Senior Member

You should shave your head.

7. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

My advice? Don't get them.

8. patatasbrava

patatasbrava Junior Member

alot of people get dreds out of fashion or something trivial, but the rastafarians find them as a source of power and the longer they get the wiser and more respect is given in rastafarian culture.

9. Rectum

Rectum Senior Member

Alot of my sisters friends had them and now claim that they cause baldness (clumps of hair falling out). Plus they're kinda gay

10. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

^^^
    Yeah, my brother has had dreadlocks going on 4 years or so, and he's got a bunch of bald clumps. Could be down to the severe lack of washing......

11. NoEZ

NoEZ New Jack

Ok let me reply to most of you here.

seeking:
    I'm not going to a salon...im getting it done naturally and cheap. And I think your the dick cheese by thinking you know about my lifestyle. Reggae music and pot smoking has nothing to do with my decision. I've thought about getting dreadlocks for years and years. Way before I even knew what pot was. And how do you know I'm white. So keep your ignorant comments to your self.

effyoo:
    Residue free shampoo is what I would use. I know about cleaning them. But thanks.

Dr. Dazzle:
    I'm gonna get em. I've thought about it long and hard for years. And I've made my decision.

12. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Administrator

13. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

truth be told man, i had em for 10 years. dope ones too. not all jacked up, shitty, hippy dreads, but also not done at a salon. i took care of my shit and steady got compliments on how they didnt smell, and proper.
    then one day i cut them off, completely on a whim, and ever since then ive wondered why the fuck i didnt do it sooner.

the difference between you and i though, is i wasnt some little snot nosed retard who wanted to be down with the latest fashion shit, so i booked an apointment, to spend 200 bucks on getting my hair fucking dreaded. jesus. the only thing that makes me sicker than hippies with dreds, are white kids with mall dreads
    do the whole world a favor, and if you honestly think its 'cool' for you to have them, just shoot yourserlf.
    do it for bob, he'd want it that way.

14. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

i wrote that before reading your reply.
    but i still stand behind everything i said.
    if you think im so 'wrong' in my assumptions, prove me wrong. give me any indication that you arent just dickriding on a 'fashion' that isnt actually a fashion at all, but a way of life...one you know nothing about.

15. NoEZ

NoEZ New Jack

There you go again seeking...acting liek you know why I'm getting dreadlocks. Hoow is it I want to be down with the latest fashion when I thought about getting dreads before it even became the "in" thing to do. And you don't know what Bob would want. So why don't you do the world a favor and shut up.