down fall to graf

DRUNKINMASTR

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

two things i dont like:

someone paints once every 6 months puts it on the net and has instant fame

people flick the SAME SHIT over and over- im sick of seeing Worms Onorok everytime i log on theyre good AND up a lot but it seems like no one will post a flick unless its a very well known writer

wtf? what is theis thread even about? Graffiti action figures being sold at Toys R Us? what?

The internet is doing nothing but helping writers...especially those that are into commercial art, it' s getting their shit out there to new audiences who wouldn't normally see it and it's good advertising. Plus its keeping the culture alive because cats can ask other ppl from around the world about their experiences and for advice , thus preventing many from repeating the same mitsakes of the past in addition it's kinda building up a fraternity/sorority between writers so they don't even have to MEET each other in the real world lol

the drawbacks- kids in the boondocks now have access to styles that are particular to certain regions, thus watering down that particular style.

Without going to that particular environment and experiencing it firsthand.

The positives- I can talk a gang of shit for the fuck of it when I am bored at work.

There are going to be people in all walks of life that imitate everything they see...from fashion to style! The net is just an evolution of info...

It has the same effect as a magazine and tv commercials....People bite whatever they likeand want to imitate..fuk it!

Graf will alwayz live...like CoCkArOaChEs..u cant stop it!

Guest (ence
Originally posted by artsol

wtf? what is theis thread even about? Graffiti action figures being sold at Toys R Us? what?

The internet is doing nothing but helping writers...especially those that are into commercial art, it' s getting their shit out there to new audiences who wouldn't normally see it and it's good advertising. Plus its keeping the culture alive because cats can ask other ppl from around the world about their experiences and for advice , thus preventing many from repeating the same mitsakes of the past in addition it's kinda building up a fraternity/sorority between writers so they don't even have to MEET each other in the real world lol

i think all those things are bad

Guest SPFlatty
Originally posted by SEone

There are going to be people in all walks of life that imitate everything they see...from fashion to style! The net is just an evolution of info...

It has the same effect as a magazine and tv commercials....People bite whatever they likeand want to imitate..fuk it!

Graf will alwayz live...like CoCkArOaChEs..u cant stop it!

i agree with the above, and want to add the fact that we all know when someone's got true style. if you bite, it's obvious. if you got your own style thats fresh, that's obvious too. people know who's biten, and people know who's not. coackaroaches for life

two words......CHEAP FAME....what happened to bombing streets??? We all have our home-town heroes and stories that nobody outside of your town knows about...but now??? All i hear about is "this fool from such n such crew did this and that"......and "did you know that this fool from ny has beef from this other fool from cali??"....man....i see pics on this site almost every day from someone in my town (no need to drop names...you probably never heard of him anyways) when i go out i never see him up....ANYWHERE!!!!!this fool hasnt painted anything illegally in 5 or 6 years.........and now he gets cheap fame from his digital camera and a few boards behind his boy's house......fuckin pathetic........thats just my opinion though.....shake em off

Guest -MOE LESTER-
Originally posted by sluttygirls

JESUS CHRIST I CANT AGREE WITH YOU MORE!

Guest imported_b0b

The internet is just a tool, it is the people that use it that cause the problems. If a bunch of clued up writers use it to share a bit of info or a few anecdotes and photos, cool. When idiots log on and start asking which way round to use the can or where to buy etch, then that is a problem. Most of the writers here (especially the olders ones , I'm sure) all found out moist their graffiti knowledge through trial and error and hard work. These days so many kids seem to want to come to a forum like this and want it all handed on a plate to them. Before you really had to be "into" it, but now the knowledge is readily available and allows you to "dabble" with graffiti. But that isn't the internets fault, it is due to graf media getting so big and graf being popular.

Guest catwash

In ways it's kinda good to be able to share knowledge and make it easier on everybody - the downside is (as mentioned already) cheap cheap cheap fame and hordes of little toys asking retarded questions.

From what Crazee said a lot of us older heads found out info through trial and error, not posting some nerd message on a website. The mystery seems to have gone from graffiti nowdays, it feels like everyone writes, or knows someone who writes - internet has taken the edge off of it. Before all this, you couldn't get connected with writers unless you knew people or worked hard at getting your name up. Now all you have to do is post 'HoO wAnTz 2 JoIn Ma CrEw??' or 'HoO wAnTz 2 Go GraFFinG?' and you're hooked up.

Love it or loathe it the net has changed graffiti a whole load.

I loathe it. Logical progression I know, but I loathe it.

I find it amusing..the ones who are up in my city on the streets are not on this site.The ones who are up in here posting their flix are the ones who stamp lick and send every piece to everywhere to get mad fame...lol..it is all a big fucking joke anyhow..

lick stamp

post photo

lick suck trick

I carve my name into cement.

i get and gottin up and will be up

Originally posted by cleansheets

I find it amusing..the ones who are up in my city on the streets are not on this site.The ones who are up in here posting their flix are the ones who stamp lick and send every piece to everywhere to get mad fame...lol..it is all a big fucking joke anyhow..

lick stamp

post photo

lick suck trick

I carve my name into cement.

well maybe your right on the point of people not getting up and posting other peoples shit...for me i know or have met almost every person whos pic i have ever posted on this site.........this thread is about the down fall of a the secret society know as tagging....

graffiti to me is shit in the toilet. you shit, look at it for a couple seconds, and forget about it before you even flush. there is some lame ass beauty in this. real writers thrive on the little bit of unsubstantial honor that graf creates. its less than 15 minutes then youre fogotten. but if youre pure, i believe someone will remember and respect you. its about now so fuckit burn it up and keep on living.

Originally posted by sluttygirls

two things i dont like:

people flick the SAME SHIT over and over- im sick of seeing Worms Onorok everytime i log on theyre good AND up a lot but it seems like no one will post a flick unless its a very well known writer

you hit the dick right on the head with that one...

one good thing about graff and the web...i've meet a few writters over the internet...friends for life...a few right here on 12oz...awwwwe;) ;)

Guest catwash

i meant 'why?' in the 'expand on that a bit' sense of the word.

yes it passes time at my desk.... but thats one of the only plus points!

Guest Ted Wakowski

The internet, if you ask me, is actually cool because it's a way to see what's happening everywhere in the world without it being filtered through a magazine editor's taste or costing the amount of 300 plane tickets. If people don't like looking what they perceive as "toy" or "wack" then there's the simple remedy of NOT paying any attention to it.

Whether regional styles will be influenced or not doesn't seem too important of an issue to me. I personally think it's cooler to see really varied influences in people's work (Diego, Swet, Bates, etc...) than a singular, restricted type of style. In Europe, where the countries are all crammed together and easy to travel to and from, there's been a style melting pot for a while and look at the interesting level of shit coming out of there -- really diverse approaches.

Guest Ted Wakowski
Originally posted by catwash

Before all this, you couldn't get connected with writers unless you knew people or worked hard at getting your name up. Now all you have to do is post 'HoO wAnTz 2 JoIn Ma CrEw??' or 'HoO wAnTz 2 Go GraFFinG?' and you're hooked up.

What kind of experienced writer is really going to give a shit about one of those messages or invitations?

Everything is pretty much the same, just on a larger scale.

fuck it, fame comes from little kids seeing your shit around town. Idon't give a fuck about getting fame on the net, but I give props, when I see dope pictures on this site. Fuck legal eagles, and the real graffiti knowledge gets passed down from other writers, and it's the shit that you don't read about on the internet.

are u some kind of fag??

everyone starts out as a toy... u started out as a toy ur probably still are one.. but who knows ive never seen ur work so i cant say.... but every writer was once a toy... no one just picks up a can and does crazy wildstyle pieces and tight throwies... so u dont think seen,zypher,loomet,cope etc etc etc wheere all toy at once.. yeah they where..so stop hateing on toys just to make urself feel like ur not... thats why ppl hate on toys because it makes them feel good and that there not toys... but ppl that do that are always toys..

Archived