double edged swords

boogie hands

sssooooo......as i logged on i saw something about mcveigh dropping his appeal to delay the execution. now i knew there was no way in hell any court would side with mcveighs attorneys on this, that would be ridiculous. i think what bothered me what that he even had these rights, after the crime he perpetrated and after he CONFESSED to it.

in the same aspect though the same laws that would give mcviegh and his attorneys this right (to waste tax payers money) also give the many innocent people on death row the chance to prove they did nothing wrong. the same thing goes with the 1st amendment, as much as id like to see a muzzel (or a gun barrel) thrown on the moulth of every bigot in this country i also understand that if that was to take place, it would be the first step towards the degridation (spelling??) of the rights we hold as americans. very, very frustrating......

------------------

brick, brick ,brick...thats how i be up against your girlfriends ass...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yeah...sure is, by lethal injection...you know what the other word is for that, "humane euthanasia", they do it to pets when they get too old.....hhhmmmm....i wonder if what mcveigh did was anywhere close to "humane euthanasia"......something to think about.

------------------

boogie think about this... the people who died in the bombing, most died instantly or very quickly. mcveigh knows he is going to be executed. i think that has to be a hard thing to go through. personally i don't think we should have the death penalty, not because i don't think certian people don't deserve it for their crimes, but that if an innocent person has been executed and we find out about it later. you can't bring them back from the dead. and there is no sure way to know if someone did the crime or not. another thing that pisses me off is that Bush claims to be a christian, but laughs about people being executed. what a brain dead fuck. oh well, nothing i say will change anything.

Guest imported_SecretAgentX9

good point fox. this making me think about that movie dead man walking, with sean penn.. you know throughout the whole movie he is denying the murders.. in the end when he is all strapped up and about to die he starts crying and whatnot.. that is what will happen with mcveigh.

oh, and i'm not trying to say mcveigh isn't getting what he deserves. he knew what he was doing. i was watching some show on tv about this and they were talking about how he thought of himself as a soldier, how he was able to block out any feelings of remorse about the bombing. but how he was able to have feelings about other tragedies.

i think the best thing said was that Mcveigh saw it as something he had to do, as if it was an assignment, like dropping the nuclear bomb. innocent people died in that, yet we just saw that as a casualty of war.

The thing is, excuting him is what he wants. That way, he becomes a martyr (even though I believe he is in the bottom of a very big food chain). I mean, let him get ass raped until he dies, killing him is letting him off easy, and its not a anti-capital punishment argument, I just happen to feel that getting ass-raped daily and being confined to the same space for the rest of your life is worse that dying. peace.

hhmmmm....yeah, i understand what your saying Fox. its really a hard thing to decide on, my voice of reason says the death penalty is the wrong way to go but then my emotions also come into play on this one. when innocent lives are taken its only human to want that person to feel every bit of pain that every single person who was touched by their actions felt....its hard to figure out how to punish someone who commits an act like that....im sure i could come up with the most vile, horrible punishment, something that would cause that person unimaginable pain for a very long period of time....more justice (if you want to call that justice) than just ending their life right??? that same punishment could then be used on an innocent person, just as the death penalty is. all i could really see that would help the problem is strickter guidelines on who can recive the death penalty....then again there is always a way around that....aaaaaahhhhhhhhhoj.....ahem, excuse me. this is probably one of those things that will never be agreed on by both parties....i cant even agree with myself on it sometimes.....

------------------

Originally posted by atc:

The thing is, excuting him is what he wants. That way, he becomes a martyr (even though I believe he is in the bottom of a very big food chain). I mean, let him get ass raped until he dies, killing him is letting him off easy, and its not a anti-capital punishment argument, I just happen to feel that getting ass-raped daily and being confined to the same space for the rest of your life is worse that dying. peace.

agreed, fuck death, imagine being locked in a box for the rest of your life.

Mcveigh seems NUTS.

I read a little bit about this guy, and apparently he believed the bombing to be equivalent to the attack on the death star in Star Wars: A necessary death of innocents, as they served the "evil empire". The bit I read said that he saw himself as sort of a real-life Luke Skywalker, who's enemy was the American Government.

It's a shame people can become so jaded by their own beliefs. This was a regular guy at one point. Now people are dead.

RIP all those people.

Yeah the death penalty sometimes seems lenient when stacked against what's been committed by the person. Wouldn't it be nice if those who are deservedly on death row could somehow be put to use? I'm sure they could be used for something, instead of just killing them or wasting a bunch of money on keeping 'em locked up.

speaking of complete nutcases, today in japan a schizo walks into a first grade classroom with an 11 inch knife and starts stabbing children. 8 kids died, 15 people injured. the police have him now, and he's asked for the death penalty. he said he wants to die, he's tried suicide before unsuccessfully. i say give him life in a padded room where it will be near impossible to kill himself except maybe two hours a day for the other inmates to do whatever they want to him except kill him. he had apparently tried putting poison in some teachers tea a while ago (i think he used to be a teacher), but wasn't brought up on charges because of his mental illness. http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//confused.gif'> http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//confused.gif'>

mental illness.......thats always my favorite....im not even going to get started on why that is such bullshit.......speaking of which though, i was watching a show on court tv about the justice system. they had a segment on one of the "jails" inmates go to when no other jail can deal with them (basically all hopes of rehabilitation had failed). i was actually pretty impressed with what was going on there. the gaurds had no compassion for these people and treated them like complete wastes of life. at one point it showed a prisoner getting fed (through a hole in the wall) three very small pancakes and a cup on juice. when the prisoner complained, asking the guard if he would be able to fill himself up on such a tiny portion, the guard replied with something to the effect of "probably not but thats not really my concern now is it.". the prisoners were only let out one hour of every weekday, stayed in their cells the entire weekend, only showered 3 days a week in a tiny stall under the survallance of 4 guards. every prisoner in that place complained about how inhumane it was, most likened it to hell. there were actually cases of prisoners going insane and basically having to stay there for the rest of their lives. as one guard put it "this is in no way an effort to rehabilitate these people, this is to punish them and thats it". it mad me happy, in a sick kind of way, to see a place that actually made prisoners so miserable instead of pampering them with excercise and cable tv. i guess theres still some things being done right in the justice system.

------------------

In Texas, if you murder someone and it can be proven, without a doubt, that you were awake for 72 hours or longer, then you can plead insanity and get a lesser jail sentence or just time in a psych ward. So I’m told

Remember, Justice is blind and carries a sword. And when the visually impaired take up fencing, someone’s bound to get pinked.

• 3 years later...
Originally posted by Bloody Fetus

yeah the death penalty sometimes seems lenient when stacked against what's been committed by the person. Wouldn't it be nice if those who are deservedly on death row could somehow be put to use? I'm sure they could be used for something, instead of just killing them or wasting a bunch of money on keeping 'em locked up.

i'm not sure how the death penalty is lenient unless all you want is for the person to suffer. i dont believe in the death penalty, although i'm sure if a loved one was killed i would want the person responsible dead, but that's just an emotional call.

taking a life is a huge deal, no matter what the situation. the whole 'eye for an eye' concept just seems to appeal to the emotional part, but how does it actually make anything better? i'm sure for some people it provides some sort of closure or something, but is it really going to make things 'right'?

on a logical level i just don't think anyone has the power or right to decide whether or not someone else lives or dies, and while murderers are obviously in violation of this, i dont believe it makes sense to continue violating this principle under the guise of justice.

there's a saying that goes "an eye for an eye and we all go blind." i mean, in the end, who wins when we can't be above killing in doling out justice for killing? these are just some random thoughts, as the whole issue is pretty murky as is.

Archived