double bass; anything less is faggot pussy shit for queers and girls!

seeking

double bass; anything less is faggot pussy shit.

every band should be forced to work double bass into each song. soooo fresh.

in unrelated news, 'KITTIE' should be dissallowed from having that demonic screaming shit in their songs. they would be really fresh if it was just the chick singing all pretty... id be hellof feeling them. but this 'i want to be satan' shit isnt cutting it.... they do work the double bass nicely though, and i can appreciate that.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest --zeSto--

damn... and I though this whole things was about double 'upright' bass.

nothing soft about the stringed acoustic bass. Those things are bigger than most poeple!

I mean its possible to do fast bass pedal rolls on a single.......but i honestly don't think you can get the speed or the massive death metal type double bass drum pedal on a single.

But yeah, i played single for two years, and double up until now.......double is really fun, but i don't use it alot.........just wen neccesary.

Gwb/musician

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

Sorry Seeking, I'm gonna go ahead and have to kinda disagree with you on that one. My friend plays drums, he's good....He doesn't use a double bass and he says that you don't need one if you are good enough at the drums. So, with that said, take your double base and stick it!

that's poop. you can make it sound the same with one foot but it's a whole lot harder than having dbl bass pedals. what's the point in not get the rig if you play like that anyway??

there are very, very few drummers that can do really good, quality rolls with one pedal and still keep the ferocity of a someone playing double bass. or i mean, maybe they can, haha, i dont play drums so i really have no idea what so ever what im talking about, but i know that big, giant, massive, gargantuan drum kit with 80 toms, 700 cymbals and a shiny chriome rack system looks tough as shit.

ahh yes, double base

when a basehead gets real into his shit, he needs double the base to get lifted, so that means double the money for old Merodogs. I'll have to go with seeking and say double base is better. For real, it ain't even a question.

MERO ONE

MLBASEMAN

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

Sorry Seeking, I'm gonna go ahead and have to kinda disagree with you on that one. My friend plays drums, he's good....He doesn't use a double bass and he says that you don't need one if you are good enough at the drums. So, with that said, take your double base and stick it!

i play drums and i know that this is true for most types of drumming style. however, for the metal style discussed here, the bass drum is played in 16th or even 32nd notes, which can only be done with a double bass.

Re: ahh yes, double base

Originally posted by MeroSeis

when a basehead gets real into his shit, he needs double the base to get lifted, so that means double the money for old Merodogs. I'll have to go with seeking and say double base is better. For real, it ain't even a question.

haha... thats ma nizzle... long time no see homeboy....

Guest professor poopatronic

haha my friend met kitty a couple days ago. they came into the record store he works at with a cloud of male admirers surrounding them. theyre fucking ugly and their music is crap

and im listening to obituary right now, so you know im down with the double bass

Archived