Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

dopest underground hip hop

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by EfDouble, Apr 14, 2003.

1. EfDouble

EfDouble New Jack

just a thread to see who yall like on the underground hip hop scene....drop a few groups and let me know who is dope!!!!! I saw a group callled Grand Buffet last night and they were off the fucking map with their live performance. Im gonna go out on a limb here and say there has already been a post on this, but give me a break....Im new....and Im too lazy to figure out the search.....haha:eek: peace

2. DMX

DMX Guest

cephalic carnage

3. Al Green

Al Green Veteran Member

was grand buffet with sole? i just heard about a show in my area with those two acts on the bill.. ive been informed by a hip hop hunk that grand buffet is good.

got the new sole album.. quite fresh.

also buck 65 vertex.. quite a gem. a stronger release for me then man overboard.

there have been a few of these back packer threads but im not going to stop you.

heres my list..
    my only suggestion is that if youre on kazaa or some other p2p to at least buy an album from these guys.

slug (sad clown bad dub 2. and 3)
    murs
    aesop
    infecticons (mike ladd)
    freestyle fellowship
    aceyalone (book of human language)
    abstract rude (codename scorpian two worthwhile tracks. mike tyson and pillah fulla skrillah)
    older kool g rap
    anything by dj quik.. (this guy is a genius)
    dose one
    jel (instrumental album 10 seconds)
    masterminds
    josh martinez
    mac lethal (if you like fucked up cage/necro/eminem shit)
    cage
    necro(i need drugs)

i could go on but is it necessary i feel like a broken record.

4. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

5. WebsterUno

WebsterUno Guest

Im going to check out grand buffet, thanx.
    Also, Buck 65 is sick!

yeah, deja vu...but fuck it. I like hip hop

6. EfDouble

EfDouble New Jack

Al green! No sole was not there, they were rockin with Passage and a local act called Who Cares. If you ever get the oppurtunity to see Grand Buffet live, do that shit, by far the best live show Ive seen from a hip hop act. They incorporate comedy, acting, politics, great crowd participation, and to top it all off....dope beats and rhymes!!! Youll see these muther fuckers and be like, who the fuck are these crazy lookin white dudes???? and then BAMN!!! its all over from there.......
    I agree with most of your selections, have a few, heard a few, and havent heard some. Anyway, check out thecawz.com awesome group...and they incorporate alot about graffiti. (shameless plug) anyway, thanks for the info, ill check some of that shit out! oh yeah, aesop is a genius. peace

7. EasoeDSF

EasoeDSF Junior Member

J Zone, Al Shid, Hugg....You cant go wrong!
    Copywrite!
    Y@k Ballz!
    TameOne!
    .......all that Weathermen shit!!!:burned:

8. swif1

swif1 Veteran Member

J-Live?

9. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

classified
    the hip hop weiners (all beef)

10. Al Green

Al Green Veteran Member

yeah i agree aesop is amazing.

but i think i od'ed a couple of months ago.. its like rjd2's dead ringer i hear it playing everywhere

to make it an SAT friendly statement..

rjd2 and aesop are to underground hop like 50 cent and sean paul are to jiggidy hop.

MF DOOM
    prefuse 73
    life savers
    lyrics born (when the fuck is the album coming out guy)
    dorian three (shalem adverse adeem)
    eyedea.. (if anyone has the album before first born get at me we can make a trade)
    dj spinna. jigmastas.. this shit has amazing production
    people under the stairs
    ugly duckling
    the streets... some dub style uk trendy shit that i like.
    roots manuva
    Kardinal offishal (belly dancing..)
    apathy... ehh i dont really like this guy alot but his freestyles are on point.
    yak ballz. once again on the freestyle tip.. writtens are not his strong point.

dragon ashe

alright im done

11. WebsterUno

WebsterUno Guest

dont sleep on Lateef the Truth speaker!
    haha
    cant wait for that joint either.

12. fr8lover

fr8lover Elite Member

FRESH MODE EP is off the chains. young einstein makes some dope ass beats, and his dookie rope cant be fucked with.

good mcs, good beats. good vibes to their songs...

13. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

Al Green mentioned prefuse 73...did you know he goes by two other names? asora and delarosa, and estrocaro check 'em out...also check out push button objects...dope beats...someone mentioned mhz on here not too long ago and i checked 'em out on soulseek and i wasn't let down at all....

14. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del Guest

im not really clear what constitutes 'underground' hiphop anymore, but this is just some shit ive been listening to lately

Akinyele
    Emanon
    Camp Lo
    Brand New Heavies
    Souls of Mischief
    Ultramagnetic Mcs
    Masterminds
    Typical Cats
    Zion I
    K-OS
    Boom Bap
    Old Pharcyde :)