Doom

fermentor666

Trailer for the Doom movie is out:

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/doom.html

Looks pretty stupid to me, particularly because they are actually doing first-person camera shots from what it seems. I didn't have much hope in the first place, especially since the director, Andrzej Bartkowiak, has these movies credited to him:

# Cradle 2 the Grave (2003)

# Exit Wounds (2001)

# Romeo Must Die (2000)

The Rock is a pretty good choice for the Sarge, but seriously the movie looks fucking retarded. The graphics in Doom 3 are better then the ones in this game.

And 50 bucks says "The Kid" is the first one to die.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

It's funny because there are all sorts of idiots defending this movie on the IMDB boards and saying that the FPS scenes are made for the hardcore Doom fans. Well I've been a hardcore Doom fan since it came out in 1993 and I think it looks like crap. Of course, I also enjoy good cinema and have a brain.

That's true. I know I'm going to be seeing this in the theaters. Maybe my super-low expectations will make me think it's awesome. Or by saying that I have super low expectations that will make me think it's awesome, am I actually having high expectations? Hmmmm....ParadoX (points to anyone that actually gets that capitalization reference on ParadoX).

Originally posted by fermentor666@Aug 28 2005, 12:06 AM

That's true. I know I'm going to be seeing this in the theaters. Maybe my super-low expectations will make me think it's awesome. Or by saying that I have super low expectations that will make me think it's awesome, am I actually having high expectations? Hmmmm....ParadoX (points to anyone that actually gets that capitalization reference on ParadoX).

I call sucks on it. ParadoX the release group?

This movie is going to suck. Those fps scenes really kill it, i mean if they were really doing this for the fans then they would not have put out a movie to begin with. Ive been playing the doom series of games ever since i got my hands on doom2 in 95. Its really sad for them to exploit something like this and not even make it decent.

But im not surprised.

Originally posted by SpyD+Aug 28 2005, 04:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SpyD - Aug 28 2005, 04:30 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-fermentor666@Aug 28 2005, 12:06 AM

I call sucks on it. ParadoX the release group?

[/b]

No, but good guess. ParadoX the Doom-player turned Quake-player turned mini-celebrity turned developor for Ritual, who put out the first Quake add-on and the failed game, SiN. The LAN I went to in NYC, this dude had a posse following him around.

this is fucking homo. they just ripped off EVERYTHING from "the aliens" from all that "grunts in space" to motion detectors and pulse rifles and body armor. complete bullshit pushed to extremes. stupid movie for nerds, I bet they have a chick with boobs appearing somewhere. happy ending and all. fuck...

i still want a black t-shirt with the doom logo printed white on front, though...

Originally posted by Thought Wrong+Aug 28 2005, 05:15 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thought Wrong - Aug 28 2005, 05:15 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-CACashRefund@Aug 28 2005, 10:36 AM

Its really sad for them to exploit something like this and not even make it decent.

But im not surprised.

youre not used to it by now?

[/b]

Originally posted by fermentor666+Aug 28 2005, 05:28 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fermentor666 - Aug 28 2005, 05:28 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Dirty_habiT@Aug 27 2005, 08:33 PM

I bet it will suck.

[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-iloveboxcars@Aug 29 2005, 12:25 AM

i loved it when i got out of middle school.

you will too.