dont you wish it was like back in the day..

edogg

so i found myself watching style wars again, drooling over the beautiful burners, when it dawned upon me just how much things have changed since then. its harder to get into yards, and when you do get in theyre more heavily protected, anywhere you go there are cameras... etc. i guess what im getting at is that i was out last night at about 230 in the morning and the streets were still flooded with cars and the sidewalks were still flooded with people. 3 in the morning and i cant get 5 seconds of solitude to get down a handstyle. there is more of a rush i guess as there is more of a challange (concerning being spotted) but damn, i wish i lived in a town where i could roam the streets alone and not have to worry about a thing. i dont know why i started this thread.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

don't we all wish it was like it was in the "old days"...but the fact is things are the way they are now because of how much damage was done back then, its all part of the graffiti evolution, I guess. Plus I feel that the heightenend security, and patrol enhances the feel of graff nowadays..it pushes the adrenaline levels up, and makes you stay ontop of your game. It also weeds the toys out from the talented.

yeah, that's all I gotta say I suppose.

i think it's fine the way it is now. when i lived in sf walking down the street in broad daylight was suitable for catching acouple tags here and there. no one cares, and the people that do would be hard pressed to call the police in time to catch us. the way you talk about it it seems like you live in a large city. which means go ahead and rock acouple tags at night, no harm will come your way unless youre busting in front of cops.

second, i assume you are talking about subway yards. i have yet to meet a freight yard that wasn't chill at night. then again, i've never lived on the east coast.. and from what i hear security is tighter over there, but i'm sure you could find yourself a nice little layup that isn't guarded. in 20 years from now kids will be talking about how they wish it was still the ot's.

yea i could drop some legals and i do once in a while for lack of anyother way to get up in the middle of the day (that i know of yet) but its just not the same. i know that doing illegals with no one around makes it feel like a legal and takes away that rush, but when peoiple come out in the morning and see it.. thats what i love. not to mention the fact that it seems hard to find anyone to write with in my seattle area. who knows, maybe im just not hangin out with the right people but but being even just 3 deep could make those late nights that much better.

MAN IN THE SUCKA FREE BACK IN THE DAYS EVERY NIGGA USED TO ROCK SHIT, YOUD HOP ON THE BUS AND NIGGAS YOU KNO WOULD ALREADY BE BACK THERE ROCKIN SHIT THOSE GREEN ELECTRIC BOXED WOULD RUN FOR MONTHS NOW TEY RUN FOR DAYS, THERE WAS MADD SPOTS EVERYWHERE NOW YOU GOTTA FIGHT FOR SPCAE AND GO OVER NIGGAS NOW MOST WRITERS IN THE SUCKA FREE JUST SELL DOPE AND GET DRUNK FUCK THE TAGGIN HYPE

Originally posted by kill-u-bitch@Dec 20 2004, 04:49 PM

MAN IN THE SUCKA FREE BACK IN THE DAYS EVERY NIGGA USED TO ROCK SHIT, YOUD HOP ON THE BUS AND NIGGAS YOU KNO WOULD ALREADY BE BACK THERE ROCKIN SHIT THOSE GREEN ELECTRIC BOXED WOULD RUN FOR MONTHS NOW TEY RUN FOR DAYS, THERE WAS MADD SPOTS EVERYWHERE NOW YOU GOTTA FIGHT FOR SPCAE AND GO OVER NIGGAS NOW MOST WRITERS IN THE SUCKA FREE JUST SELL DOPE AND GET DRUNK FUCK THE TAGGIN HYPE

Do you take yourself seriously?