dont call it a comeback? the vapors

Teen_06.jpg

i was at a buddys house today when he got some caps in the mail from 4thehardway....he ordered 1 pack of fat caps and with it came about 25 cards and stickers some of them saying dont call it a comeback and saying issue 2 of the vapors is in stores now....

i havent seen or heard about this mag being anywhere.. is it out?

and all these cards and stickers are pretty good quality prints on some nice paper but are really not needed... 12oz should be saving their money so they can lower the prices on their shit... everything especially the caps are super expensive.... u can order caps from the manufactures themselves for about 3 for a penny... he just threw all that stuff out anyway

but is that mag out or what??

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Today at school while in lab I ventured over to a corner of the lab that I have never been to because I finished what I was doing before the majority of the class. Turns out my school has boxes and boxes of paintstiks. I went ahead and took acouple individual sticks home with me. Man, this is awesome, I will never have to pay for these things again...

until I get out of school.

but then maybe i'll get them for free from where ever I work.

I'm sorry, this doesn't answer your question.. but I needed to put it somewhere.

When I ordered my 12oz shirt I got a scribble jam video in the mail. That was pretty awesome.

Originally posted by azert

Take a wild guess.

i dont believe much of anything that 12oz vapors or 4thehardway has to say even most of the web addresses on the cards dont work

remember when they said this magazine was gonna be out in a month...like 3 years ago?

so my wild guess is that it isnt really out

i would love 12oz/vapors propaganda in my mailbox but unfortunately due to my location it is not possible. So dont complain.

Do you have any experience in funds management? do you know the costs involved in printing stickers/cards? do you have any experience on how to keep customers happy and promoting repeat business?

So Mr accountant, until you know the costs associated with running a business, just enjoy the benefits.

that is not us, that's the bullshit vapors...the one that came out after us, knew they were coming out after us, and instead of changing their name, they sunk a ton of money into publicity.

whatever. as usual, we're already on some next shit.

as far as our caps being 'over priced'; if you can get your caps from the manufacturer, why are you ordering from us in the first place? why does every single graff supply store/e-store sell their caps for the same price ($7-8 for a 100)?! why do we give you a bunch of extra shit when you order? because we're nice guys. how come even our unecessary advertising stuff is higher quality than most companies magazines? because that's how we do shit. it's not jacking up your prices, so why do you care?

12ozprophet has always set the bar for quality and that's not going to change. so sometimes it takes a while for each issue to come out... whatever, when it does, we blow people away. end of story.

seeking/you're welcome for the free venue to voice your criticisms.

hey seeking... i hear what your saying and yeah when i used to order caps from mags and it was about the same price as what you guys charge.. maybe adding all that extra stuff isnt making prices higher but its not making prices lower either... i think most people would rather pay less for what they order then get a bunch of stuf no one really needs... if your going to add free stuff then make it something good.. not a bunch of cardstock ads for stuff that isnt even availible...like i said my friend threw all that stuffout except for like 1 sticker. i know this stuff is expensive to print up because i worked for a printer for 6 years... especially the silver stuff...personally i think the stuff looks cool and 12oz usually does come with quility as far as the printing/paper/design goes but when i picked up the 1st issue of the vapors it was mainly flicks of stuff ive seen long before and i dont even live in nyc... its nice to have a good quility magazine out there but its the content that counts.. im just voicing my opinion dont take it personal

ok, ok, yes, the website has been 'coming soon' for years, but what can i say? we're all working people with jobs/careers/families. this site, and the company, are a labor of love, not of profit.

teen_06.jpg,

apparently you didnt order much. most people have received free cd's, posters, even t shirts. it all depends on what is available at the time. i havent seen these ad's claiming that the mag. is in stores now, but i would be AMAZED if that is actually what it said. raven designs all that stuff, and since he also designs the magazine, he would not make an ad for something he knows has not even shipped off to the printer yet.

speaking of which, because of his line of business, i believe he gets all that shit printed for free, so it neither costs him anything, nor saves him anything to not print....which is why there is so much of it.

as for selling caps cheaper...i suppose you're right. we could knock a buck off the caps...which means you'd pay what, $7 for 100? is that really gonna make a difference? we give more back to the graff community in america than any other 'company'. we dont even come closs to breaking even. give us a break, naw'mean.

sorry if i came off a bit harsh in my first reply. didnt mean it that way, just seemed like you were a bit unnecessarily critical.

to be honest this is a long story that I really dont have the energy to go too deep into.

I chose to abandon theVapors after lots of consideration and for various reasons. Some of it had to do with the fact that while we were on a hiatus, another person/crew blew up the name with their own project which caused all kinds of confusion and diluted our brand. Most of it, however, had to do with my opinions on the direction of the project itself. Putting out mags has always been something I did for the challenge and fun of it. Although it never will be (in my opinion) something that will make any kind of significant money, it's not to say that the business model doesnt need to at least justify itself when you consider how expensive a project like that is to produce, and can't simply fund it out of pocket indefinately.

After carefully rethinking theVapors Project, I came to conclusion that it wasn't worth pursuing any longer. I actually had an 84 page issue completely designed and ready for press, but scrapped the entire thing after realizing it wasn't breaking ground the way I felt previous projects had, and overall, didn't reflect the same passion I felt my other projects had. I think that the world/culture is a much different place than it was in the mid-90's when 12ozProphet was in full swing. Therefore, the same formula for success (whether personal or financial), no longer applies. Instead I took a step back for a while and conceptualized a project that better reflects where my head/tastes are these days, and developed a much more ambitious plan that I'm having far more fun (and challenged) trying to develop.

Hopefully you guys will see the results of these efforts sometime relatively soon. But until I can afford to concentrate on them full time, as well as hire a staff to assist me, you'll just have to settle for waiting patiently, or moving on to something else.

As far as the mailorder, we do the best we can with what we have. To date, virtually all orders have gone out the same business day, or at worst the next business day. To the best of knowledge, every issue has been resolved quickly and professionally. Further, without exception, every order has been laced up with all kinds of goodies including in some cases, free shirts, videos, and cd's. I believe that our prices are competitive, and have yet to see any reputable mailorder really undercutting us on anything, let alone our cap prices. Sure, I'd love to have more product on there, but fact is there's not a lot of good product dropping that isn't already easily available somewhere else, and as stated earlier, we've been pretty busy juggling a bunch of other stuff simultaneously. That and the fact that it's a pretty small crew running the operation and most of them are also busy helping out with other projects. There is a planned update for the store, as well as a couple new products in the works including some new 12oz shirts. But at the end of the day, the only purpose for http://www.fourthehardway.com is to help offset the cost of maintaing this site. If it could even get that far (which it hasn't), then I'll look into hiring more people so that maybe we can get these projects into your hands a little quicker.

Oh and as far as printing postcards and stickers that we give away... Most of those are done through the generous contributions of a close friend at http://www.clubflyers.com.

P.S. No, I won't go into further detail about whats in the works. When we're ready, we'll let you know.

as stated earlier, we got very close to releasing issue 2 of theVapors Project. I scrapped just before starting prepress and in fact there were 2 different postcards, a poster, and t-shirts that had been printed before I could put the breaks on everything. The t-shirts (there really werent that many) have been steadily given away with orders from 4thw. The posters are sitting in storage, and the postcards were supposed to have been scrapped. It's possible somebody got confused and mixed them up with some of the other material we pack with orders. If so it was a mistake and shouldn't have happened.

it's my belief that people will be far more excited by the project we replaced theVapors with than anything we could have done with a sequal.