donnie darko

Hayabusa

i know the movie and all, but ever since the first time ive seen it, i have been very puzzled by its website.

has anyone been able to figure it out?

http://www.donniedarko.com

if so, share with me what info you could actually get out of it...

its funny cuz only recently did a friend tell me the true story of this movie. After so many years, and ive only been able to figure out its true plot now....

discuss

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

so... someone explain it to me... because it seems like it's just some over-the-top flick that some dude wrote when he was feeling really lonely and regretful about shit he's done in his past. then he threw in time travel, god, schizophrenia and jake glynnenhol to make it accessable to 'disenfrancised' youth.

i mean... i didn't hate that shit. i just never thought it was worth putting that much thought into.

so... someone explain it to me... because it seems like it's just some over-the-top flick that some dude wrote when he was feeling really lonely and regretful about shit he's done in his past. then he threw in time travel, god, schizophrenia and jake glynnenhol to make it accessable to 'disenfrancised' youth.

i mean... i didn't hate that shit. i just never thought it was worth putting that much thought into.

from what i understand, its not about the girl at all

donnie darko is a superhero who saves the world from collapsing, cuz parallel universes were opened and coexisted at the same time

you gotta listen to the directors commentary and do some research here and there

apperently it clicks right in after that tho

i still gotta re watch it after my buddy told me what its really about

donnie darko has the power to save the world

everything else that happens is just a guide for him to get to that goal

Guest Ginger Bread Man

this movie is kick ass. it usually sits in my "im watching this movie again tonight section"

so would someone enlighten me and explain the true moral of the story?

Yeah, I sorta feel that if the average dude can't explain the point of a movie and you have to listen to an hour and a half of a director's contrived commentary to 'get it' that just means it's a clusterfuck of poorly arranged ideas that never really hit the target.

Unless you're David Lynch.. because that dude's the Salvador Dali of movies so he gets a pardon.

Yeah, I sorta feel that if the average dude can't explain the point of a movie and you have to listen to an hour and a half of a director's contrived commentary to 'get it' that just means it's a clusterfuck of poorly arranged ideas that never really hit the target.

Unless you're David Lynch.. because that dude's the Salvador Dali of movies so he gets a pardon.

Good point.