Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

......DONDI.......

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by CAPS, Oct 30, 2001.

1. CAPS

CAPS Member

Anybody know some good spots on the net to research Dondi? I have a dope Keith Harring book but I am looking for a Dondi book or a site that is about him. I have a lot of info on him but the cat was rad and I'm always looking for more.

CAPS...............seen my book? .......I lost it somewhere between 5th street and hell.

2. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

caps, homie, pay attention to where your posting... this has nothing to do with trains... off to third rail

3. beardo

beardo Guest

and theres a whooooole thread dedicated to a new book about Dondi.. look for it

4. THE LAW

THE LAW Guest

there's a new dondi book coming out in november...zephyr and Dondi's brother wrote it...There's a thread on it somewhere in this board. SCOTCH WHISKEO posted it...happy hunting

5. CATS

CATS Senior Member

There is a thread called required reading, check that out. It has a link to buy a book that is soon to be released. Have fun.

6. whatajerk

whatajerk Member

the Dondi book is real nice...A GREAT book about him...the photos are off the hook. I've had a pre-release copy of the book for a few months. It's worth buying when it's out.
    Zephyr and his brother did a GREAT job! I'm going to buy the final printed version when it's out.

Peace!

7. kstf

kstf New Jack

---WYWS the mag.-----DONDI He began his graffiti career in the mid 70's as "NACO", a member of the brooklyn based crew The Odd Partners. He developed his graffiti talents primarily on the insides and outsides of new yorks' BMT lines. In 1977, he formed the legendary clique CIA(Crazy Insides Artist),which influnced duro, aeron, and kist, among others. ----ZEPHYR 10/20/98--- issue #5

8. OMARNYCAKASW1

OMARNYCAKASW1 Senior Member

I've seen this book already and in my opinion it's easily worth twice
    what they are asking ($35 retail, $24.50 from Amazon). I hear there
    are only about 10,000 copies or so, so Michael White suggests you
    order one now to make sure you get one. If you buy it from the link
    below Art Crimes gets a small commission.

Dondi White Style Master General: The Life of Graffiti Artist Dondi White
    by Andrew Witten (Zephyr), Michael White (Dondi's brother)
    Release Date: November 13, 2001

<a
    href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0060394277/artcrimes">
    Amazon</a>

susan

9. CAPS

CAPS Member

Sorry seek, I just figured since it was about Dondi and he was a trainyard kid it would fit. My bad. I'll think harder next time.

CAPS..... to much fumes in the 80's

10. assface

assface Member

UNLESS YOUR A COMPLETE IDIOT WAIT YOUVE PROVEN THAT TIME AND AGAIN. ANYWAY THERE ARE PROBABLY 10 POSTS OUT OF A HUNDRED IN THIS FORUM THAT DEAL WITH STRICTLY TRAINS AND TRAIN TOPICS.
    MAYBE THERE SHOULD BE A MODERATOR JUST FOR SEEKING AND ALL OF HIS BRILLIANT OUTBURSTS.

11. Delse

Delse Junior Member

the guy was a crusher

12. Swindle

Swindle 12oz Loyalist

so.....dondi has an nba jersey....thats what you're telling me?