DOMINO

8onus

so if you seen the trailer for this movie you know the trailer ALONE deserves its own thread, shit looks off the phone pole!

further more i heard that this chick really existed and this is all BASED on a true story, which makes me wonder how she is in the sack!

whats the deal on the real domino? someone find that shit out whos good at finding shit out.

TRAILERS

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by 8onus@Oct 4 2005, 11:45 PM

so if you seen the trailer for this movie you know the trailer ALONE deserves its own thread, shit looks off the phone pole!

further more i heard that this chick really existed and this is all BASED on a true story, which makes me wonder how she is in the sack!

whats the deal on the real domino? someone find that shit out whos good at finding shit out.

TRAILERS

Give me a real name and 48 hours and I can check at work (through Lexis-Nexis) and I'll tell you. I'll check Google first.

(One minute later) No, wait, that was her real name...Domino Harvey. But, she's dead. She sounds like she was interesting, too. Here ya go, troop...just call me the 12 oz. investigator. It's my day job being put to good use.

http://www.dominomovie.com/real_domino_harvey.html

Wow. Maybe I'll go see this. I was a process server for five years, so I can relate to her story on some levels. Did some ill shit in my time...almost always got my man, too. Nowadays, I do legal research and investigation for a law firm. It isn't quite as exciting or glamorous, but it's interesting. I think it's funny...my criminal mind is actually being put to legitimate use during the day, and by night...you can figure out the rest.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

I dunno, I thought Tony Scott's over-stylizing and color transfers kinda fucked up "Man on Fire", and it looks like this one is headed in the same direction.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

It was, but it was super overdone. By the 27th crazily edited, wild colored, foggy montage with trip hop music to express the main character's state of confusion I was ready to throw my father at the screen. The style added to the substance to a point, then began to detract from it.

mmm, maybe a bit, but i dont think it took away from the film at all. i thought the photography was actually one of the strongest aspects of this film. but then again...any film where dudes need revenge and go around killin bamas is a oscar worthy film in my book.