DOGVILLE

Guest imported_Tesseract

Guest imported_Tesseract

Watched it last night, i usually dont give a shit about Lars Von Trier's films, sick sense of reality, skills as a director, obsession with critisizing the american way of life and using melodramatic personal scenarios to link you to a pollitical view...HOWEVER this movie kinda kicks ass...shot in an ingenius way and critisising the american way right on the nail.

ps. slideshow at the end titles rocks.

http://www.affichescinema.com/insc_d/dogville.jpg'>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_El Mamerro

I read about the way this movie was filmed, it's absolutely insane. I have to watch it just to see how that worked out. Good to hear it's also a nice film.

Guest imported_Tesseract

def watch it, it aint even a matter if you'll like it or not...you just have to.

We showed this at my theater a couple of weeks ago. It didn't do that much business and I only watched a couple of parts, but one of the shows I ran was in the wrong projector lens setting. First time in over three years I've done that and it's one of the biggest stupid mistakes you can make as a projectionist. Anyway, thirteen people in there and none of them even said anything about it for the whole three hours.

After the show, I asked two people if they noticed anything funny about the picture. The lens error made the picture seem like it was compressed horizontally, stretched vertically. They said "Yes, but we thought that was the way the director filmed it". Apparently because the film is so artsy in general, they had no problem accepting a distorted picture for three hours. No one even hung around to ask for a refund.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by vinyl junkie

so i just watched the trailer...

is the whole thing shot in that confessional booth dealie?

its just one stage, the whole thing is very theatrical

Guest imported_Europe

Ive been right here Poopers, but maybe not posting as much I guess. Havent been inspired maybe. Two things have been taking up alot of time though, football season and examprojects. I stills check in everyday though and keep an eye on everything.

On the thread topic:

Lars Von Trier did "Riget" or "The Kingdom", the super TV series I did a thread about sometime ago...

• 11 months later...

Archived