Dogtown

Guest imported_Tesseract

Guest imported_Tesseract

I'm sure that for all of you that skate this is really old news but Dogtown&Z-boys (the documentary) ranks on the doc top 5 easily.

To give you a hint how good it is the other four are:

When we were kings (about Ali)

Black hawk down (history channel docu)

and another two (ha)

Anyway, its one of the best stories ever told, shot in the best possible way.

Anyone seen the movie(lords of dogtown)? Any good?

dogtown.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i saw it last night

and i put it in the recommended movies.

it's quality

not some knock off your socks insanity of acting

but it's good

especially if you like a little more background/gossip juice with your documentaries

it was especially cool finding out that i was wrong, and jay adams is not dead after all.

If you have any skate in your history the Doc will blow your mind, and the Movie will be a good add to some of the story as well as just good fluff.

I think you need to see both in the long run ... but dosent matter which one first.

I was lucky enough to see the Doc on the big screen.

Just good stuff ... I have heard of another one about Duane Peters and the whole Nor Cal scene from '78-'82 havent had the chance to see it yet but wanting to.

"Who Cares: the Duane Peters story"

thumb_whocares.jpg

Guest imported_Tesseract

I was skating for 10 years nonstop as a kid so i was hyped anyway. The good thing about the doc is that everyone can get really into it. I watched it with 5 people that never skated and they were all glued.

Originally posted by Mr. ABC@Nov 14 2005, 10:24 PM

i still haven't got to see this yet:

STOKEDartworkbyShepardFa.jpg

but i've heard it's awesome

that is super sick !!!!!! That movie was nuts !!!

It was cool to see footage of Gator trying street and having a hard time while knowing he was such a king in the transition world.

I couldnt figure out why they had Shepard Fairey in it till I noticed he did the cover art. Its cool he is just sharing his story on it and printing his ass off in the mean time ... Kinda like oh you need an interview, i cant stop working but I will talk to you while I work.

Fucking Gator !?!?!?!

I thought both were pretty cool.

Documentary- sick. After watching it, I dusted off my board and went to the local campus and skated the ledges there. Wasnt too rusty after acouple years. Did take a few mean falls though.

Movie-you can take it as just that, a MOVIE. The movie has a badass soundtrack though.

I would like to see stoked, I might in fact rent that tonight.

i seen both.the doc left you way more affected then the movie did

i know to some this might be a dumb question.but even thought the z-boys changed the face of skating with theyre styles and use of the pool.but who took it to that next level of actually elevating yourr body out of the pool or off a ramp and do air tricks and grinds ect. ect.??? what ever group of skaters elvolved that i would like to see a doc on

Originally posted by 2BLAZZED@Nov 14 2005, 09:01 PM

i seen both.the doc left you way more affected then the movie did

i know to some this might be a dumb question.but even thought the z-boys changed the face of skating with theyre styles and use of the pool.but who took it to that next level of actually elevating yourr body out of the pool or off a ramp and do air tricks and grinds ect. ect.??? what ever group of skaters elvolved that i would like to see a doc on

i think tony alva was the one credited for that. (getting the air out of the pools and what not)