Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

dogtown and Z-boys... and wassup dee38 i saw yo booty it was pretty...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by whydontyudie, Aug 13, 2002.

1. whydontyudie

whydontyudie Guest

anyway d000ds, i saw dogtown and z-boys last nihgt it was dope and very informing especially if yousa skateboard enthusiast, or surfer. anyhoooooooooo go pick it up at yo local blockbuster.

it really puts together the beginings of commercialized skateboarding for you man.

later and shout outs to...
    tease
    mang
    regulator
    dee38

and death to...
    melt
    platapie
    and all you other haters

2. iCEBERG

iCEBERG Senior Member

"im your momma...
    im your daddy...
    im that nigga...
    in the alley...
    im your doctor...
    when in need...
    im your coke...
    im your weed...
    you know me...
    i'm your friend..." - D. Rugs

3. WALE!pd

WALE!pd 12oz Loyalist

hhhmmm....... dogtown..... im more into the old duane peters and beer city shit

4. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

both of ya'll can shut the fuck up

5. dahighlifdhl

dahighlifdhl Senior Member

6. Mr. Mang

Mr. Mang Elite Member

wow i got a shout out.

score.

7. greedy mars

greedy mars Guest

8. d-town_bomber

d-town_bomber Veteran Member

thanks for helping this thread tue

9. Sarah Tonin

Sarah Tonin Dirty Dozen Crew

my thoughts on dogto1. it justifies skateboarding as a "mid-life crisis" activity, which means that you're going to see many more old dudes on sector nine planks than you're going to want to, not to mention more nyu students skating to and from their internships on skateboarding, thinking that just because that was how they skated in 78, that they're legit.
    2. it's not like what happened in venice then wasn't happening all over the country, we don't need to hear eight diffferent interviews from cali beach bum burn-outs telling us how on the forefront they were.
    3. tony alva when was the last time you or one of your boys listed him as one of your favorite skaters. oh, and dude is definitely an egomaniac. if you've been skating long enough to remember the alva team, then perhaps you'll remember new school, what alva turned into, and that would lead us to atm click, and then just atm. killer legacy, dude. he says "there would be no x-games if it wasn't for us" like it's a good thing.
    4, why the f**k is the dog town cross spray painted on st marks?
    5. when was the last time you skated a pool?
    6. owl's head doesn't count.
    7. it's a glorified commercial for vans.
    8. "i'm not a skateboarder, but i play one in the movies"--sean penn
    9. the editing sucked. if you've ever watched one of stacy peralta's old videos, you'd see how talented he really was. this hunk of crap looks like a 'behind the music' or 'true hollywood story' reject
    10. let's face it, people, it has nothing to do with us. most of us grew up influenced by the next two generations of skaters, and it's a little embarrassing in a way to see where we came from. let me end by putting it this way, if some film crew interviewed you and your friends about your little skate scene that you guys had growing up, not that it would still be worth watching, but i'm sure that it would be much more interesting than theirs. i just think it's funny that the people who liked that movie the most are the ones who don't skate anymore.
    think about it.

10. Mr. Mang

Mr. Mang Elite Member

interesting sarah. i think they just need to make a documentary on rodney, who influenced kids a lot more by inventing so many tricks that are so common today.

i still want to see the dogtown movie.

11. melt

melt Guest

http://www.ianai.net/jokes/forumpix/whoopdeefuckingdo.gif'>
    go rape an xbox.

12. JIGSAW

JIGSAW Guest

eat a dick l0rd ka0z

13. TRAMP

TRAMP Member

damn sarah, break it down!...I'd have to agree.

14. platapie

platapie Guest

im a hater of the pure and utter waste of space that is you. your sucha dip shit.

15. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

i have no say in this..nope.