does the clash do this song?

seeking

ok, this is gonna be patheticaly vague, but whatever.

im in tower the other day reading $20 euro-fag magazines, and over the speakers they're playing this song. ive heard it before, but never paid much attention till now (or then rather). it sounded kind of like dude from the clash, but i couldnt be sure. anyway, i dont even remember what the song said, i just know that it was slow, and kind of quiet, and it might have had random references to god in it. its a very distinctive sounding song though, so if it is infact the clash, someone should know it. it was sort of long, and real dope.

ok, sooooo, is it?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

this probably wont make any sense, but it had the kind of sound, of a band that had matured and evolved quite a bit from their starting point. like, i dont know if such a thing can be 'heard' but, thats the feeling i got.

like listening to some of the later radiohead stuff. you kind of get the feeling that they've 'been there, done that' ya know. i dont know, maybe that makes no sense.

my experience with the clash is limited to 'rock the casbah' and the unfortunit existence of BAD, so i dont even know if they made any 'mello' experiemental kind of stuff.

not only did it sound like joe strummer, but with their new 2disc live set thing, it would make sense that tower would be playing it.

i really should have asked someone at the store, but i was being a fag and didnt want to lose my seat in the magazine area.

**um, i just went digging around and 'new' actually means 6 months old, so um, scratch that 'new' stuff.

where the fuck is roe, i was kind of counting on him for this one.