does it really matter if its seen?

MOOGLE?

i'm not big on fame, or even crushing a city. but to me some of the best spots hardly ever get hit because they arent visable to most people.

like sewers,under seats, inside hand dryers, behind bushes. ect

i was just wondering your views on visability in graffiti.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the fact of purely getting up, known, and around of course visibility is going to be a big factor. When you have wiggertoys like tease hitting a legal wall, its all about being seen, and laughed at. But to me theres nothing better then taking a mid-day walk around the city down the side allies to the main roads and being like oh wow you see that so and so piece back here? Then walking into the more heavy flow areas and being like haha I love knowing thats me.

Basically what im trying to say is, If it's done it will be seen, alot of people I know walk and explore things for the sake of finding something new. Abandoned rail lines, buildings, wooded lots. Gems are found everywhere.

• Like 1

I don't sleep on spots like that, I think its nice to be able to rock something for the one person who might see it. Whether you write for writers or the whole community, if you hit a spot like you're talking about, you're writing for the few folks who might look in that spot, whoever they may be... I think that shit is dope...

sure hitting spots that are highly visable are cool as hell to see .

but i like the shit you have to search for. almost all of the times i have ended up underground somewhere i have seen some of the best works from writers that will only be seen in pictures, if they are taken.

a year ago i wound up in a tunnel for a drainage ditch and saw a big ass mural with characters depicting the apaocolypse and the writers name done in a sick ass water color style...i had never seen that style of painting before in my life. i sat there for an hour or so just staring at it.

or shit like hitting up underneath a bus seat with a streak, or putting stickers under fuse boxes not only garuntees that shit stays , it also adds to how much you have gotten up*

Originally posted by MOOGLE?

i'm not big on fame, or even crushing a city. but to me some of the best spots hardly ever get hit because they arent visable to most people.

like sewers,under seats, inside hand dryers, behind bushes. ect

i was just wondering your views on visability in graffiti.

yes and no.....it depends on the situation. I like my stuff to out in the open mainly-but I also like to hit spots in the cut-stuff that most people wouldn't see unless you were there for a reason.....

im with alot of people here, i love taggin shit where it will get noticed, but it starts gettin to me when im just walkin around taggin shit with no problem, i love it when im under pressure when im taggin, like once, i hit up a tag on this electrical box with a pig just chillen at the light, i love shit like that, that was the best, and i love when i catch shit in odd places, or when you have to look at somethin before you notice there is somethin there..

Originally posted by ARCEL

i would definately like to do some sewer tunnels though

bring lots of rusto.....the dampness is a bit like painting on a semi wet brick wall, it takes about ten minutes for a fill with one coat to dry. but you can take your time

• 3 weeks later...

I know a writer who was doing an artist's residency in the Blue Ridge Mountains and did some laborious pieces under a few bridges. in the flicks it looks places that no one ever goes, but he was there so others will be too. he just wants to paint. i just wanna paint and i am getting a little bored with local graff politics...gots me thinking of just finding some super chill spots to paint the shit out of.