do you wash your hands?

lord_casek

how of ten do you guys/girls wash your hands?

do you use the paper towel from drying your hands to open public restroom doors?

do you eat without washing your hands?

what about restaurant cooking rules? ever touch meat and then vegetables?

just some questions. trying to figure out a general figure in my head for peoples hygienic habits.

i'm insane. just answer the questions.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wash my hands like 20 times a day. I've seen the dirty side of humans.

I also wipe my face constantly, especially after my fingers touch it. I am very careful in public washrooms not to touch the door or faucet with my bare hands, and I'm getting rid of any "friends" who are dirty. Except one - he is a work in progress.

i do a lot of microbiology/genetics work, so yeah, constantly

probably no less than ten times per day i have to wash my hands

and i touch public stuff as infrequently as possible

i like to wear really long sleeves

because i like them

but also so i can pull my sleeves over my hands to touch stuff

or yeah., i use the towel from drying after wash to open doors.

and yes, i try not to ever touch my eyes or put my hands in my mouth

if i am eating with my hands, which is often, i wash em first

i get about one cold every year, if that

i am just getting over one that i got on sunday, i never got totally congested, per the usual

i also never touch meat/seafood then veggies, unless it's all getting cooked together or at high heat

i should've clarified on the meat vegetables thing. i meant raw meat and then raw vegetables.

example: fixing a ham sandwich and getting out a bag of lettuce and touching the whole head while only taking a leaf, then putting the lettuce back in the fridge. (i did get in trouble for this once when i was a cook. i draw from experience young jedi/jedi-ette)

symbols: yeah, i've known some microbiolists. you guys know what the fuck is up with germs. clean people. very respectable to keep a discipline like that, but as i said, being a microbiologist, you do know what kind of things lie in the most unexpected places. (keyboards are dirty)

i wash my hands very very very often. to the point where my hands are almost always dry, cracked, red, and sometimes bleeding(not a lot, but very little). i wash my hands everytime i go to the bathroom, regardless of taking a number 1 or 2. but, before i wash my hands i pull the lever of the paper towel dispenser, so when i finish washing my hand i don't have to touch the lever. i just grab the little bit of paper towel i dispensed out, use that to dispense more, and then dry my hands w/ it. i then use that to open the door, so i don't touch it. if there is no paper towel dispense w/ a handle, i use toiet paper to dry my hands and open the door. it get's annoying, but year after year i see myself getting 'worse' about these things. if i touch something, and it 'feels' dirty to me, i have to wash my hands, or i just feel wrong. i don't like touching public keyboads/mice, door knobs, table tops, and just about everything that i dont' own. i can pretty much sayi have OCD when it comes to being clearn. i hate not taking showers, etc. anywho, i can go on about this, but i won't....

edit: the whole touching face, licking ur fingers thing, is some shit that is just as annoying. i try to be very careful on not doing that. and just like symbols, i haven't gotten sick in a very long time. but just recently, i got pretty sick w/ a cough (see cracked rib thread). but before that, i havn'et been sick in a hot minute.

also

i read a study that found that hotel room remotes are the grossest shit in the rooms

even worse than anything in the beds/bathrooms

so i have anti-bac wipes i take with me on vacation so i can clean the remote off.

i will also not sit on those sick ass bedspreads that hey put down but never wash

Hotel guests rank cleanliess, safety as top two priorities

PHOENIX (AP) — If the first thing you do upon entering your hotel room is grab the remote and turn on the TV, you might want to rethink your habits.

TV remotes are among the dirtiest things in a hotel room, but because the dirt usually isn't visible, people don't think about it. A stray hair on the bed or in the bathroom is much more likely to elicit an "eew" from guests and result in complaints to management.

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/hotels/2004...eanliness_x.htm

Originally posted by lord_casek@Jan 26 2006, 05:02 PM

i should've clarified on the meat vegetables thing. i meant raw meat and then raw vegetables.

example: fixing a ham sandwich and getting out a bag of lettuce and touching the whole head while only taking a leaf, then putting the lettuce back in the fridge. (i did get in trouble for this once when i was a cook. i draw from experience young jedi/jedi-ette)

yes, in my reply i was getting at not touching raw meat/seafood/veg

cross contamination is a mothafucka

werd

I wash my hands after i shit. Not when i piss. Thats the most you get. Oh I also wash my hands after touching a lot of money but thats mostly from the smell coming from them.

As for washing before eating. I dont have time for that nonsense. That shit is for little kids that like to pick up all kinds of ill shit all day.

Originally posted by lord_casek@Jan 26 2006, 05:02 PM

symbols: yeah, i've known some microbiolists. you guys know what the fuck is up with germs. clean people. very respectable to keep a discipline like that, but as i said, being a microbiologist, you do know what kind of things lie in the most unexpected places. (keyboards are dirty)

Ahhhh....

Hells to the no...

Salmonella=No bueno...

Also..

I close the Lid of the

toilet after I poo...

Dont want any fecal matter spreadin about..

Originally posted by mr.yuck@Jan 26 2006, 05:08 PM

I wash my hands after i shit. Not when i piss. Thats the most you get. Oh I also wash my hands after touching a lot of money but thats mostly from the smell coming from them.

As for washing before eating. I dont have time for that nonsense. That shit is for little kids that like to pick up all kinds of ill shit all day.

The Penis Has Hella Germs....

You should wash yer hands!$@!$#@$#...

:yuck:

how of ten do you guys/girls wash your hands?

do you use the paper towel from drying your hands to open public restroom doors?

do you eat without washing your hands?

what about restaurant cooking rules? ever touch meat and then vegetables?

1) regularly

2) yes. bathrooms, especially public are fuckeded

3) no. i always wash my hands.

4) i try really hard not to. sometimes i do.