do you think this is fair

Guest HESHIANDET

Guest HESHIANDET

homeboy gets involved in a semi long distance relationship. he is in senior year of college and driving 1.5 hours every weekend to see his girl. because of this he isn't really able to work part time and is usually mega broke. they decide to move in together once he finishes school. girl decides that she just cant stand her current roomates and needs to get her own place ASAP. so instead of dealing w/ it for a month or 2 and stacking chips she gets bank loan and rents a new crib. the day after homeboy graduates college he is expected to move to a new city because girl cant front eh rent on her own anymore as the loan money is running out. being anice guy he moves up and gives the last of his mopney to help pay rent for a mopnth. now girl is being a cunt wanting money and making my man feel bad about not having a job yet. when if she had just dealt w/ her situation the couple would be better off. i think shes unfair and selfish. sucks.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

how long were they together before all this?

If he's willing to move in with honey with less than a solid year of dating time, he's just asking for trouble. My girl wants me to move to Vancouver with her.... but I've only know chica for 8 months. A little too soon for that kind of talk.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Thats the kind of girl that will suck your man dry and eventually marry him, believe it...i agree it sucks.

If i were you i'd knock some sense in his head .

money problems=relationship death

dude, when the bills ain't paid and peeps ain't pulling themselves up, it puts such a tremendous strain on a relationship...

it breaks up marriages for chrissakes.

no, it's never fair when one person in a relationship is consistently giving or sacrificing more than the other.

sounds like homeboy gave and sacrificed more, and homegirl has her own needs first.

(as opposed to the needs of the realtionship: that both parties are equal)

this has been today's episode of ..

The Young and The Twelve Ounces

Originally posted by BROWNer

hook it up!

haha... I'll be visiting this summer.

She used to do a big radioshow and manage

a recording studio and yadda yadda yadda.

I however.... kind of like the city I'm in.

Guest BROWNer

ps-make sure you visit the island and it's

inhabitants. you can't come out west and not

experience your own countries equivelant

to the bahamas:king:

yes... but to be honest I'm looking to get out of new media.

I want to be a postman, or a leathersmith, or a cabinet maker or something.

I've spent my ENTIRE life on computers and it's my personal rebellion.

oh... moving to BC to make babies isn't high on my list (for at least 5 years)

I hear you.

I'm not exactly sure what the deal will be with the trip,

but chances are she'll be dragging me to White Rock.

I would move there, but NOT on a girlfriends coat tails.

you know?

not fair but if he is in that situation its his fault for hooking up with an immature/selfish bitch. Some people take a long as time to grow up and stay in a high school mentality, either he needs to talk sense to her and make her equally responsible or he needs to leave her before it becomes an even bigger problem

shouldnt you guys be trapping beavers and staying the fuck out of this 100% USDA thread?

ummm, yeah.

anyway...

its amazing, cause i have a friend in that exact same situation. if he was to come to me for advice, since i know both him and his girl, and have hung out with them quite a bit, this is what i would tell him...

the girl is a little bit off of her rocker and pretty insecure. she has some issues she's obviously not dealing with, that if handled, would make things better for both of them. underneath all of that though, she is a very good and caring person. they share alot of the same interests, and when things are good, they seem to be real good and both of them seem to be real happy. of course he also has some issues, whether or not he wants to accept it, and they probably contribute a little bit as well. no situation is ever really as simple as it seems.

yes, its unfair for the girl to immediately expect money, but at the same time, relationships (and love) are not always fair. i dont know it for a fact, but i think my friends girl is kind of spoiled, and has been bailed out by her parents alot in the past. because of this, she doesnt really know how to handle money/budgeting/reality. she just does whatever sounds fun, then hopes someone will come along and fix the aftermath. that seems to be the situation here. so the problem really isnt this one situation, it's deciding if this situation is actually a pattern that will keep repeating. if that is the case, then i would tell my friend he should probably think about seperating. if however he thinks that he can rationally talk to the girl and come up with an understanding, and get her to listen to reason a little bit more, then i think it might be able to be resolved without ending things.

but again, i could be wrong.

just to add to that, im not sure my friend is really ready to be in a serious relationship that requires sacrifices. he's a great guy, the kind that will do whatever he can for his friends, but im not sure he's as devoted to girls as he is his boys. i think that might have something to do with things.

Guest Good Morning Captain

shes probably just scared that the money is going to run out and be homeless so shes turning those feelings into frustration at this guy. I was with a girl many years ago that ended up committing suicide over money issues. Its really a heavy thing for some people to deal with.

this guy should sit down with his girl and look at the situation they are in realistically and find practical solutions to the realistic problems. Talk it out is my best advice.

Guest Pilau Hands

I've never done a long distance relationship, and ain't eager to try one. Too much stress. Shit, I've dated girls in outer boroughs that had problems with me not being there all the time. But...you don't choose who you love, and when that hammer drops, you're willing to do a lot of shit.

Bottom line is that shit is wrong. It's a fucked up situation...but. But, if he loves her, and they've got that "We gotta make it through this shit" kinda attitude, then it ain't no thing. I'd say they have to talk it out and put all that shit on the table. In a few relationships, I've been the guy that was always broke and thus wasn't there enough or didn't take her out enough. You pay for that shit forever, no joke. If they're gonna move forward, she has to recognize the sacrifice he made and the repercussions that are showing up now. And once she does that, she might relax and then he can let go the fact that she's being unfair. Easily said.

In the end though, if they're gonna keep doing what they're doing, he's gonna have to get that money. If your homie needs a job, not for the long money, just for a little short cash, tell him to holler at me.

Originally posted by HESHIANDET

homeboy gets involved in a semi long distance relationship. he is in senior year of college and driving 1.5 hours every weekend to see his girl. because of this he isn't really able to work part time and is usually mega broke. they decide to move in together once he finishes school. girl decides that she just cant stand her current roomates and needs to get her own place ASAP. so instead of dealing w/ it for a month or 2 and stacking chips she gets bank loan and rents a new crib. the day after homeboy graduates college he is expected to move to a new city because girl cant front eh rent on her own anymore as the loan money is running out. being anice guy he moves up and gives the last of his mopney to help pay rent for a mopnth. now girl is being a cunt wanting money and making my man feel bad about not having a job yet. when if she had just dealt w/ her situation the couple would be better off. i think shes unfair and selfish. sucks.

eessshhh.....sticky situation

Archived