Do you think the sick and twisted behaviors you do are caused by nature or nurture

ETHREADZNY

I always wondered if I got my sick and twisted personality genetically from my parents, or the environment around me.

My friends are very similar, it makes me think that me have shaped each other's personality. what do you think is the determints of your personality, your parent's genes or your environment?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest socrates

I think it comes from the enviroment you are in, if you have shitty people helping you when you're young with or without money you'll probably become a shitty person

i'm demented to some extent. i've got a really dark side that's usually only rears it's head when i'm drunk or otherwise thoroughly intoxicated. to answer your query i think i was born this way. between the ages of 2 to 5 i did more than raise hell, i was just plain possessed. i'd tend to think this was something i was born with rather than taught seeing it came on so early for me.

I think enviroment causes these traits however, certain hereditary traits (such as height, appereance, certain genetic disease, etc.) contribute to one's enviroment, thus in a way making personality traits also genetically transefferable.

not all people would react to these traits the same way, but it is likely that you will react the same way as the people around you do, wether they are parents, friends, legal guardians or whatever.

Both...

There's some stuff about me that's obviously genetic, including some predisposition to certain behaviors.

The rest is what I learned as I aged.

My intelligence was nurtured by a pretty normal childhood and decent schools. I then used it to see that humans do a lot of dumb shit, like blowing each other up...or sacrificing their lives for the man. Graffiti was a natural marriage of my creativity and my attitudes.

Originally posted by angry xbox

are you enjoying your fisrt journey through the world of psychology via the local community college?

that would be funny if it was true. Unfortuantly you caught me about 5 years to late. I have probably taken well over 20 psych classes. The reason I asked the question was to hear about people's personal take on this issue, not to get a good answer on a test.

i think it was my genetics that encouraged me to surround myself with people that also have some evil thaughts...My family are all pretty fucked up in the head but at the same time I notice since I don't hang around with ym friends that are really dark and demented that I am not as dispossed to those thaughts though they still occur.

• 4 years later...

Archived