Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Do you think the Media created crime, or crime created the media.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by ETHREADZNY, Apr 15, 2003.

1. ETHREADZNY

ETHREADZNY Elite Member

I always wondered if crime was sometimes reactionary to societies need for excitement. for example, do you think that there is such thing as a bored criminal.Or people still do crime to become famous, like the gangsters if the 20's//

2. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

Some do it for fame. Others do it for pleasure.

3. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

Think waaaaaayyy back to the first stolen loaf of bread.

I'm sure that the other people in the village were seceretly
    happy to have witnessed the first crime because they could
    start the evil practice of gossip and trash-talking,
    which later evolved into the media we know and despise today.

4. ETHREADZNY

ETHREADZNY Elite Member

so that means that our world was raised on trash talking, I love it...

5. Rodney Trotter

Rodney Trotter Senior Member

Fear of crime is something that's whipped up by the media, I know that for sure.

6. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

I think that shit-talking and gossip is what passes for news, literature and culture in the 2K3.

7. ETHREADZNY

ETHREADZNY Elite Member

look inside the mind of a criminal and you will see..