do you agree?

AORAone

Eric Schmitt

New York Times

Jul. 21, 2003 12:00 AM

BAGHDAD - The United States will create an Iraqi civil defense force in the next 45 days that is intended to free up thousands of American troops for anti-guerrilla missions and to put an Iraqi face on the occupation's postwar security efforts, two top American generals said Sunday.

The immediate goal is to field about 7,000 U.S.-trained militiamen to protect supply convoys and replace U.S. troops now guarding power plants and ammunition depots.

The new Iraqi Governing Council has strongly supported creating an Iraqi militia, which appears to go well beyond a proposal under consideration at the Pentagon to hire private contractors to provide security.

"Over time, it'll free up an awful lot of American forces," said Gen. John Abizaid, who is making his first visit to Iraq as the new head of the U.S. Central Command.

what does every one think? i personally think its about fuckin time.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest ctrl+alt+del

just wait till they start using the guns we give them to shoot at us. dont think they wont. they dont want the u.s. there. they want us gone.

I care cause iv got a father out there in that bullshit, and id really like him to return seeing he's been out there for two years. dipshit ass military. stations troops in italy then throws em in the middle of a goddamn war.so maybe you dont care or maybe someone has a real opinion. whatever.

Guest KING BLING
Originally posted by JimmieWalker

I don't think that anyone is giving a shit anymore

BUY THIS MAN A BEER, HE'S ONTO SOMETHING...

Guest sneak
Originally posted by ctrl+alt+del

just wait till they start using the guns we give them to shoot at us. dont think they wont. they dont want the u.s. there. they want us gone.

did this not happen before with the taliban?

Originally posted by MLTf4nt0m

I care cause iv got a father out there in that bullshit, and id really like him to return seeing he's been out there for two years. dipshit ass military. stations troops in italy then throws em in the middle of a goddamn war.so maybe you dont care or maybe someone has a real opinion. whatever.

i got you bro. shit, i care, i'm out here in this motherfucker. there are 150,000 soldiers that care and just think of all their family members. it's easy for some dipshits on the internet to say, "who cares?," but perhaps if this affected them a bit more personally their attitude would do a 180.

as far as what you originally posted, i agree, it's about time. the US military won't be over forever. with this we're on the right track to getting the fuck outta here.

damn crave,

sorry to hear your in the midst of that shit. return home safe and shit. my dad sent me fliks of him pissing on a big picture of saddam at some military installment. it had graffiti from the 14th??? (i think) airborne and some marine troops. it was great.

Archived