Do entheogens give spirits access to humans?

dosoner

Our modern culture of the Great Awakening, science and technology makes it seem normal to scoff at spiritual practices. Two-thousand years ago seizures were thought to be the result of demon posession. Modern man believes seizures to be the result of Epilepsy, brought on by chemical imbalances.

I have heard it said that Salvia is known as a feminine teacher and Peyote is known as a protector and also a teacher spirit. I'm curious to find out what you guys believe about these and others.

Do these substances merely temporarily change the body's chemistry or is something spiritual actually going on? If something spiritual is indeed going on, it would follow that one could facilitate the experience through lucidity.

Personaly, i think its nothin more than the substance disrupting the feedback loop of the mind, and just throwing the thought process off, that makes it seem like spiritual contact is happing.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

tripping definatly seems spiritual. it brings out a lot of things i already know but never talk about. i definatly feel i gain some insight while tripping.I think it is my mind releasing some thought i have gained to me, but not anything spiritual. and anything said about religion i dont believe in so that may say somthing on how i think. i dont know if i made a point or if i just babbled, sorry im tired... atleast its another intelligent topic though. cant wait to see what happens.

Originally posted by Organ Donor:

tripping definatly seems spiritual. it brings out a lot of things i already know but never talk about. i definatly feel i gain some insight while tripping.I think it is my mind releasing some thought i have gained to me, but not anything spiritual. and anything said about religion i dont believe in so that may say somthing on how i think. i dont know if i made a point or if i just babbled, sorry im tired... atleast its another intelligent topic though. cant wait to see what happens.

im with you on the religion thing, i think people that are more religious would be more into a spiritual experiance, since its already in their head, the chemical may just highten there "awarness" and give them a feeling of being closer to god or a spiritual being.

i definately think it can be something metaphysical. i believe the mind is taught to build a web in order to survive. we are taught what's real is real, what's fake is all in your head. if you think about it, humans have nothing instinctual about them. we are taught how to eat, how to think, how to feel, how to speak, how to properly empty your bladder and bowels, we are taught what smells good or bad, what tastes good or bad, what is pleasing to the ear, etc. all of these teachings are what build and make up the web to what we believe is reality. we can't really look beyond or survive without the web so we don't realize the life that goes on without our 5 senses and a language. i think hallucinogings, mind altering substances, and even dreams to an extent temporarily allow access to see beyond the set in stone "sanity". Which in turn can either be used to heighten your senses.. See things you normally wouldn't believe were there; hear the things you see, see the things you hear, etc. heighten your emotions.. feeling "vibes" more easily, expieriencing someone elses emotions, ccoming to grips with oppressed feelings.. or, if you are seeking it, it can heighten your ability to interact with your soul, and even get to know someone elses. The downside is, it's very hard to expierience enlightenment on a drug and be able to fully comprehend it when the drug has worn off. I believe that's because you open up dormant senses that are impossible to remember because you're memory can't comprehend them. So I think drugs are good for showing you what's possible to accomplish, especially in the metaphysical sense, kindof showing you the path almost.. but I think without meditation, fasting, visualization, seeking, questioning, and being open minded, it's impossible to follow the path that was layed out before you.

For me anyway.

I hope some of this made sense.

------------------

PRUDE - If I had nuts, you'd be on 'em.

Originally posted by graffitiSUX:

read up on DMT for anyone who doesn't know about it. i think you will find what you are looking for regarding spiritual "drugs"

dmt is awsome. iv messed around with it quite alot, i belive alot of people dont enjoy it though, do to the fact that you can have some intense experiences with it.

I guess that this is just one area to start from

i believe that we should try outr best to define

what is "spirituality"

when you get down to it it's a very basic question and difficult to answer

but I feel it'll solve alot of problems if we can reach an agreement as to

what it actually is.

By having my realization I've never felt "alone" individualy as well as,

having a sence of purpose and direction confidence within life.

I "knew" that I belonged and it was going to be alright because

"I'm part of the whole".

i feel that spirituality is the realization of a intimate conection between oneself and all other things.

i can't say that i've ever actually seen or had anything tangable to point to

outside of a deep personal "feeling" and awareness.

anyone else's thoughts?

Archived