djing and producing..

Chicken George

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yea im about to buy some 1200s..i have gemini 2000s now..they are cool for starting out they arnt bad at all..but now that im getting alot better they get more annoying..like when i do beat juggles with pitch changes, the pitch is all slow and sounds fucked up...but i gots me a job so the 1200s will be mine in no time...i got an 05 though shits good. is the stanton sk-2 any good..iv never used them.

i jus started like a year and a half ago i got two numark tt-100's there aight

and im using a gemeni pmx60 mixer it sux i think its broke

but i scratch and spin hip hop and shit

------------------

"now how can i perfect this? livin' recless, die for my neclace"

- nas.gif

Originally posted by theFUME:

i jus started like a year and a half ago i got two numark tt-100's there aight

so theyre decent? i want to start djing and ill probably just get the numark phat pak that comes with tt-100s, numark mixer, and speakers and other shit.

fuck that package shit. seriously if you are serious about djing just hold out another month or two and save for techincs..if you dont you will regreat it when 6 months later you need new turntables. i made the mistake of going half way on the tables and now im paying for it...so hold out and save for 1200s...the only tables worth the price. buy one 1200 and use a shitty table on the other side untill you can afford another 1200

ill most likely get made fun of for it, but im pretty into spinning trance and house these days. iv been spinnin 3 years, the first two, was mostly spend on scratching and mixing hiphop. i should have learned to mix before i learned to scratch, ohwell i suck anyways

Originally posted by Chicken George:

fuck that package shit. seriously if you are serious about djing just hold out another month or two and save for techincs..if you dont you will regreat it when 6 months later you need new turntables. i made the mistake of going half way on the tables and now im paying for it...so hold out and save for 1200s...the only tables worth the price. buy one 1200 and use a shitty table on the other side untill you can afford another 1200

thats what i was thinking too, just save and get good shit. i mean the package is only $500 and its not the shitiest stuff out-itll be ok for a while. 1200s always been in my mind but i dont have $1000 per table to spend.

those packages will be ok for a month...seriously get an extra job so you can make the money faster, once you get your eqipment quit it and just keep one job. serously your wasting 500 dollars you buy that becuase..one you will need better shit soon..and two no one will buy that crap off of you...dont make the mistake i did..you will regreat it

My boys do that stuff. My man JJ Brown (5G Productions) produces Louis Logic, The One Shanti, R SON, and lots of other cats. My man Emynd has done stuff for Anticon and worked with JJ on some stuff. My man Bo Blizz mostly spins. He does party stuff, but is pretty dope in terms of battle tricks and so forth. He just started producing to. Its all about blowin your boys spots.

JJ Brown is nice. i havent heard shit from his way in like a year though...blaxplotation is good shit. what was the group or crew name..it was like shati, meddafore rson and whoever i dont remember. its been a long time. dope shit by those kids though check it out if you havent heard. louis logic is really good too.

[This message has been edited by Chicken George (edited 08-29-2001).]

Archived