dissertation?

Guest imported_sofarok

Guest imported_sofarok

Howdy everyone.

Ive got to hand in a 10000 word dissertation for my new media degree at the end of February. So far ive done very little. I think im going to take the graff route, I normally try and avoid graffiti in my academic work but times running out and it’s a a subject I know.

So my plan is to approach graf using subcultural theory and the talk about how art, design and advertising has co-opted graff and how graff has produced its own exponents in those fields…..is that to vague?

So basically has anyone got any ideas? Perhaps examples? Books or articles that would be appropriate (I have done fuck loads of research so I have a fair bit.). any one who would be a good case study?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_sofarok

Re: Re: dissertation?

Originally posted by -Rage-

And you need our help?

perhaps insperation would be more accurate...

shouldn't you seek a mentor or advisor about the scope of your project? i'm working on a thesis and i wouldn't even bother asking a group of people most of whom aren't even out of high school....

i guess i came off as harsh, but honestly, a good case study would be Gkae he was sentenced to jail the same day as a rapist and he got a longer sentence than the rapist--just for graff! the judge said something like: you don't have one victim, you have tens of thousands of victims who have to see your graffiti everyday on their way to work. Anyway, after gkae was in jail he was interviewed and said that he still didn't regret doing the graff. thats a really good example of the psychological profile of a writer.

also, i think the JA article that was in Third Rail of this website is another pretty good example of graff addiction...

as far as implementing graff into design, Futura would be good.

Archived