DISNEY WILL SOON OWN THE WORLD!

DETO

Last week, <span style='color:pink'>i reported on some rumblings about Disney's proposed acquisition of Pixar. At the time, it was all just speculation but now it's being reported that Disney has indeed bought Pixar for a reported sum of seven billion dollars, effectively making Steve Jobs the largest shareholder at Disney and challenging Bill Gates' reign as de facto Master of the Universe. The immediate result of Jobs' newfound authority will likely be a wealth of Disney video content available for download through iTunes. The long term result? That's a question for you guys. What do you think? How will this affect Disney, whether positively or negatively? Is Jobs one step closer to ushering in the era of Apple where the world is draped in a blinding minimalistically designed white and "i" language replaces English as the standard means of communication?</span>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I hate disney. Walt disney was a commie fag...

I've never been to disney world or land and never will... I will never let my kids go either cuz I'm an asshole like that...

*edit: but i did like bambi, esp when the mother deer gets capped...I hope they make a remake of it with that new animation shit they do now...

i don't really care too much about it, but i do find it interesting. interesting enough to post it here. i think Pixar makes great movies. and i love movies, and with Steve Jobs the number one guy in the Disney Corporation, he should have a huge say into what goes on in future Disney, Paramount, Touchstone, Buena Vista, etc., movies. as well as ABC, ESPN and countless other companies. as well as his involvment in Apple Computers. and on top of that i think it's a little more interesting than jewish rappers, mr.abc running out of smokes or some "scary ass squirrels"

im not knocking the thread, it's certainly 'post worthy' or whatever, i just really didn't understand why it was a big deal. i guess i understand a little better now, but i still don't care all that much.

but on a logistical level...if disney bought pixar, why does that make jobs the new lord of disney? wouldnt that be the other way around (pixar buying disney)? if you buy my car, that does not mean i get to hang out and tell you where to drive it.