Dismissing Bitches

Fugazi

I know a few of you have taken some psychology courses, I'm wondering if any of you have done any research in attachment theory. Anyways, research would say that you "preoccupied attachment styles" out there would find the same type of girl over and over, the "dismissing attachment style". Preoccupieds tend to obsess and have a difficult time not thinking about their love interest, and tend to have a hard time letting past "love relationships" go; they also relate sex with intimacy. Dissmissing females tend to be detached and refrain from becoming deeply emotionally involved in relationships, and do not relate sex with intimacy. Just wondering if any of you fit the preoccupied catagory, and if you have seen yourself finding the same girl over and over again...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

well I dont know shit about book psychology, and I dont believe in it either, but, I can tell you my personal experiences if youd like. other than that, I suggest to everyone that they avoid psychological studies, its only there to fuck woith ytour head. sorry for typos im lazy!

I guess I would fit in the preoccupieds category by virtue of attaching sentiment to my relationships. I cannot take it lightly because sentiment has been practically barren in my life. I'm not one to take it for granted. I guess you could call me old fashioned which is sad that it's considered old fashioned. Funny i've been thinking about this lately. My few relationships and their various potential alternate universes. Sort of a what if.... I guess I do look for certain qualities in a woman if that's what you mean.

interesting to note the different types of psychology. Like when I watched "Timothy Leary's Dead" he said that even as a Harvard psychology professor he didn't really know anything about psychology until he made a trip to mexico and took some mushrooms. And I think I know what he means. He also made an interesting correlation between the many movements of the 60's and LSD. It is after all when the civil rights movement, the sexual revolution, the volunteer army... just about any of our major freedoms that we have today began. It was as if the hippies all said "We have seen the light, and the world is doing it all wrong..." ... Very interesting.

Originally posted by villain

I guess I would fit in the preoccupieds category by virtue of attaching sentiment to my relationships. I cannot take it lightly because sentiment has been practically barren in my life. I'm not one to take it for granted. I guess you could call me old fashioned which is sad that it's considered old fashioned. Funny i've been thinking about this lately. My few relationships and their various potential alternate universes. Sort of a what if.... I guess I do look for certain qualities in a woman if that's what you mean.

interesting to note the different types of psychology. Like when I watched "Timothy Leary's Dead" he said that even as a Harvard psychology professor he didn't really know anything about psychology until he made a trip to mexico and took some mushrooms. And I think I know what he means. He also made an interesting correlation between the many movements of the 60's and LSD. It is after all when the civil rights movement, the sexual revolution, the volunteer army... just about any of our major freedoms that we have today began. It was as if the hippies all said "We have seen the light, and the world is doing it all wrong..." ... Very interesting.

You think there is any truth to the matter that LSD was propagated by intelligence agencies?

Originally posted by metallix

You think there is any truth to the matter that LSD was propagated by intelligence agencies?

Leary seems to believe the CIA connection is very real indeed. Though I'm no authority on the what was it? MK ULTRA?? Electric Kool-Aid Acid Tests....

everytime i take a psychology class i get depressed, because i see how my relationships are ending up and see how my friends are behaving, and it just leaves me with a very bad taste in my mouth.

i like living under the assumption that my conscious mind is doing all the thinking for me.

Originally posted by Fugazi

Dissmissing females tend to be detached and refrain from becoming deeply emotionally involved in relationships

Speaking from a detached female's perspective.... I am detached to everybody regardless of whether I have feelings for the person or not, until they prove they are worthy of my affection (and almost no one passes and it encourages me to be detached even more). It's a defense mechanism. This behavior burned me pretty bad in the past because dudes think I don't care about them, but I can't help the way I am. I'm frustrating and hard to get to know, but once someone proves their loyalty for me, my love is unbelievably good...

^^

I've caught myself doing the same thing in the past as well.

Fuck Y'all, you're right, it is a defense mechanism. If you're not close enough to get attached, you can't be burned. But at the same time if you don't open up a bit you get burned that way too. There has to be a happy medium somewhere.

Re: ^^

Originally posted by effyoo

If you're not close enough to get attached, you can't be burned. But at the same time if you don't open up a bit you get burned that way too. There has to be a happy medium somewhere.

Word. I've had some intimate friendships that were rather safe and playful, then we both kind of resent each other at the end because we don't know what the hell is going on because I never say shit. Sometimes I wish I wasn't a chill girl that doesn't trip on shit. Once I saw my boy's girl snap at him for drinking (in front of ALL our friends). I would never do that, but it seems like that's what you have to do to get what you want nowadays. It's like they are scared straight into relationships... all the bitchy girls get the guys and the cool girls are just that... just a cool friend. Blah.

I know its easy to say, but it most definately is a communication issue. If both people are afraid of what the answer to the question that they both want to ask is, it will go unsaid and eventually lead to, like you said, resentment on both parts.

But in a way the bitches (for lack of a better word) are easy to understand, not because they are crazy and freak out and shit, but because they let their emotions show. There's no guesswork involved. You know the instant something is wrong. But there's that happy medium thing again. If she's too crazy you hate her, and if she's too chill you think she doen't want you.

In the past I was a dissmissing type, it had a lot to do with my father's cheating ways. Then I met my mate and I knew there was something special. I couldn't let my past or insecurities fuck it up.

I was true and loyal till he fucked with my heart. Then I became a dismissing type again but only with him and strangers. I guess when you find the right person you don't have to play these stupid games.

I've been with a dismissive type, and the funny thing was although it's not my normal style I turned into the "preoccupied attachment." I think it was the whole hard to get thing, whatever, eventually I found a better looking girl who wasn't dismissive and moved on...

Thats my input. I wont 70 bucks at the track.. HOO AHHHH

Originally posted by PalestineOne

I suggest to everyone that they avoid psychological studies, its only there to fuck woith ytour head.

Psychology isn't dogma... consider it more of

an average than anything. Of course there are

going to be exceptions to the 'rule', but most of

it is observations graphed out over time and

practically applied to people's day-to-day.

Of course if you take psychology too far and

think it's applicable to every aspect of a person

and their behavior it's a bunch of bullshit, there

are other aspects to take into account... but to

dismiss psychology as just being there to 'fuck

with your head' is just cheesy conspiracy-theory jargon.

I FEEL YA ( FUCK YALL)....IM IN A SITUTION RIGHT NOW, WERE IM TOO CHILL AND SHIT IS GETTING NOWHERE...I DONT FEEL LIKE HES WORTHY TO KNOW MY FEELINGS JUST YET

BUT WHEN I FIND A HEART AND MIND THAT MATCH MY OWN THEN ITS WORTH PUSHING FOR....TILL THEN IM GLAD I HAVE THIS DEFENSE MECHANISM

no, you stupid girls arent "TO COOL".

youre probally not showing much interest to the guy who is probally dying to be your man.

you fucking broads probally trying to act like yall like just kicking it with "the guys" and therefore nobody wants your asses, cuz they dont want to put their ass on the line, then have your stupid ass diss them.

if you want a fucking man its easy as shit to get one, fuck that "oh im too cool or laid back, for them to want me bla bla bla bullshit".

fuck that goofy shit.

/pissed for other reasons, forgive my negativity.

:mad:

Originally posted by T=E=A=S=E

no, you stupid girls arent "TO COOL".

youre probally not showing much interest to the guy who is probally dying to be your man.

you fucking broads probally trying to act like yall like just kicking it with "the guys" and therefore nobody wants your asses, cuz they dont want to put their ass on the line, then have your stupid ass diss them.

if you want a fucking man its easy as shit to get one, fuck that "oh im too cool or laid back, for them to want me bla bla bla bullshit".

fuck that goofy shit.

/pissed for other reasons, forgive my negativity.

:mad:

Geez, not to come down on you man but this is a lot of negativity. Chill. Damn!

Archived