Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Discussion about prison conditions

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by KaBar, Mar 29, 2002.

1. KaBar

KaBar Senior Member

A day or two ago I got into a discussion about prison on the wrong forum (Trainspotting) and I wanted to make a point, but in the right place. This is an article from the Houston Chronicle, published today about a prison brawl resulting in the murder of an inmate yesterday.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/story.hts/metr...politan/1321543

The point is that the other poster was saying prison isn't really all that rough if you can handle yourself, and so on. I disagree.

2. Yeah, i agree with you, handling your self may put you in a better place than others but still, prison is prison.
    Lets not even discuss what 'handling your self' means among heavy criminals.
    I dont know, some people may be going through prison nicely when their 'free' life was about the same as inprisoned. I mean for a hardcore criminal is pretty much the same, what i can stand is people that go in for small stuff, or even worse people that fucked up with money...
    imagine your average Joe that tried to pull a fraud and blowed in his face or even owed so much money that he faced the bars...
    Crime is crime some might say, but really no small crook deserves this.

3. whoami

whoami Guest

the only solution is dont go to prison thats it.

4. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

That dude was serving 30 years. There's no way I could handle 30 fucking years in prison, shit, I'd want to be killed....

5. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

If i was in for life id just kill people for fun... whats the worst they could do ..honestly?

6. so for all you guys that have been to prison, what exactly does "handling yourself" consist of? does that just mean that you are willing to throw down when people try to fuck with you or is there more to it?

7. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass Veteran Member

The drug war is a real sham, and it's filling up the prisons with nonviolent people whose only crime was against their own body - if that. (In many cases, not all, obviously.)

8. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

no shit, and now, drug users are supporting terrorists...

9. your all gay

your all gay New Jack

i saw some comercial like that, i dont understand. can someone break it down for me, im a little slow.

10. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass Veteran Member

It's called US Government Propaganda. They're trying to claim that some terrorist groups sell drugs to raise money for explosives, so if you buy drugs you're supporting terrorism.

11. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

i didnt read anything,but.....

im in my cell right now...beer on tap...constant flow...big screen tv and my own little computer lab...life is great..uh oh...he comes the nightly hookers...brb...

12. your all gay

your all gay New Jack

thanks for breaking that down. I dont see how though, most US drugs are grown in US, and most terrorist cells are foreign. and this would be a campaign for the legalization of some drugs (so the government could make and tax them), so we wouldnt be supporting terrrorist cells. The government is so hypocrytical. Bayer (yes the aspirin company) fucking invented heroin. The governement sent the cia to fucking plant crack in the black ghettos, it was their attack against the nonviolent movement that the african americans were winning. life is stupid, whatever

13. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

on the oriely factor...

he was complaining that we have more than enought troops fighting in afganistan...get those other guys and "harvest" the opium...

this is my country and i want my military to go and do something..not take cars apart and put them back together like my friend does in texas

our country is going way into debt...what do we do about it?we buy our army men and women berrets...

14. KaBar

KaBar Senior Member

I know someone that works at Furgeson Unit--that's maximum security. The inmates there are 90% between 18-24. They call it "the Gladiator Farm." When a disturbance happens, he's part of the SORT team that suits up in body armor and goes to hose them down with capiscium spray and beat ass with batons. You guys cannot imagine the sort of horrible shit that goes on in there. From the time the alarm horn sounds until the SORT team arrives is usually seven minutes. When they arrive at the location, they rack the door and commence to kicking ass. My guy has seen people stabbed, beaten, raped, slammed in cell doors, you name it. Prison is one violent, horrible place. Anybody associated with a gang is housed in Ad Seg. Anybody who injures another inmate gets a disciplinary hearing, and sometimes more jail time if they are convicted. One guy smashed up a bunch of windows and lights and got three years more time. Another guy makes little human figures out of his shit and lines them up on the cell bars. It is some very, very negative shit. The big ones prey on the weaker ones. If you aren't 270 pounds and rock hard muscle, you are in some deep shit.

15. Remi Martin

Remi Martin New Jack

from my personal experiences on the united states prison system, i have formed the opinion that it is basically corporate genocide...as in its borderline in violating human rights by exposing people to cruel and unusual punishment, its currently a for profit industry, the majority of people incarcerated are non violent rehabilitable offenders and the most often result of a lengthy pen bid is far more in favor of said individual returning for corporate profit at taxpayer expense. its racist laws that target every body but upper white middle class....
    and if you thinks its bad here.....................................