Discuss the assassination of JFK...

fatalist

The grandaddy of all conspiracy theories. Their are some big differences between the supposed conspiracies surround 9/11 and JFK's assasination. The perpetrator was quickly grabbed up (JFK), but did they ever get his motive?

As far as 9/11, the only factors that give any legitmacy to any crackpot theories is the Bush admins reliance of secrecy.

I wonder what the "secrecy" climate was surrounding the Warren Commission?

What I want to know is what made JFK so hated he was assasinated, and yet no one has tried assasinating Bush despite the fact that almost 10,000 people on DemocraticUnderground.com say they want to.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Haha... this is also something I have thought about. What it comes down to I think is that the ideology of hate is more likely to have violent consequences than the ideology of peace. Lincoln- assassinated, JFK- assassinated, MLK- assassinated

See a pattern...

Closest thing to an opposite would be the shooting of Ronald Reagan... and that guy was TRULY a nutjob. Not some dark extremist plot.

What do lefty extremists do? Stand in the road and shout and the really bold ones might break some windows.

What do the righty extremists do? Assassinate, bomb, etc. etc.

Frankly I'm sick of all this hippie shit.

Originally posted by villain@Nov 22 2004, 11:07 PM

Haha... this is also something I have thought about. What it comes down to I think is that the ideology of hate is more likely to have violent consequences than the ideology of peace. Lincoln- assassinated, JFK- assassinated, MLK- assassinated

See a pattern...

Closest thing to an opposite would be the shooting of Ronald Reagan... and that guy was TRULY a nutjob. Not some dark extremist plot.

What do lefty extremists do? Stand in the road and shout and the really bold ones might break some windows.

What do the righty extremists do? Assassinate, bomb, etc. etc.

Frankly I'm sick of all this hippie shit.

nicely put... :idea:

Thank you.

Just some of my own observations.

Oh and as far as the topic goes, I'm not very knowledgable on the assassination of JFK, however from the evidence I've seen it seems pretty obvious that there were either at least 3 shooters or there was a "majick bullet" which is ridiculous.

Back in 1967, when I was in high school (four years after JFK's assassination) I met a guy here in Houston at a hippie gathering spot called Allen's Landing who said he knew David Ferrie pretty well. He told me that Lee Harvey Oswald was big pals with the people who were pretty obviously part of the former-CIA, former-FBI, former-Naval Intelligence group that constituted a sort of loose "officially civilian" support group and unofficial government liason between the anti-Castro Cubans from Brigada 2506 and the MRP (Movmiento Revolucionario del Pueblo.) There were several groups that apparently were associated with Guy Bannister (the former FBI station chief in Chicago and allegedly part of the shadowy FBI section known as Division Five which had close ties with the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) and the Defense Industrial Security Command (DISC) which has some sort of organizational relationship to the Army Intelligence Service.

David Ferrie was closely associated with the Mafia organization of Carlos Marcello (Ferrie was a homosexual as well as a very talented pilot, and Marcello was head of the Mafia in New Orleans, who hired Ferrie to run drugs, guns, etc.) Ferrie was also associated with a guy named Sergio Aracha Smith who was part of the Cuban Democratic Revolutionary Front (CDRF.) All these organizations had loose connections with the CIA and Operation Mongoose (the abortive Bay of Pigs invasion in 1961. I was eleven.) The gay connection was through Clay Shaw, a very well-known New Orleans businessman and also an important player in the CIA's "Domestic Contact Service" in New Orleans. Shaw made frequent business trips into Latin America and did business with wealthy Latin Americans in various countries, including Cuba, before the Castro revolution.

In 1959-60, the CIA organized it's "official" anti-Castro organization, the Frente Revolutionario Democratica (FRD.) It was controlled by the CIA, but had anti-Castro Cubans as front men. The money to operate it came not only from the U.S. government, but also from powerful business interests in Houston and New Orleans. I have found out since then that Schlumberger (pronounced "slum-ber-jay") Corp., Permindex (a Swiss corporation), H.L. Hunt, Ferenc Nagy, John DeMenil and George De Mohrenschildt (all people with a big Houston business connection) were all involved financially with the anti-Castro Cubans. Not all were Republicans--DeMenil was a very wealthy liberal, a big supporter of the arts and a major contributor to Houston's ACLU.

Schlumberger, in particular, was involved. They have wide-ranging business interests in oil exploration and oil tools all across the Gulf Coast, especially in Texas and Louisiana, as well as Venezuela. They contributed money, arms, and explosives. Schlumberger used explosives in their oil exploration work. A large quantity of these explosives were robbed from Schlumberger's explosives bunker at their facility in Houma, LA, and a suspected CIA man named Gordon D. Novel was suspected of being the planner of the burglary. These explosives were later determined to have been supplied to anti-Castro militants, and have turned up in numerous bombings in Florida, New Jersey, probably Cuba and God knows where else.

If I had to point my finger right at somebody in the Kennedy assassination, I'd say :

1.) General Edward Lansdale, chief covert Operations Officer for CIA in 1963, for the United States.

2.) L. Fletcher Prouty, liason between the Secretary of Defense and Allen Dulles, the recently fired (in 1962-3) Director of CIA.

3.) General Cabell, a notoriously right-wing general and commander of special operations groups, and rumored to be closely involved with the anti-Castro Cuban political movement. In his retirement, he helped design and produce the MAC-10 .45 submachinegun, a favorite of right-wing terrorists.

It is my belief that the CIA and the Mafia were working hand-in-glove (the Mafia was pissed at Castro, because he fucked up the sweet deal they had going in Havana, with all the hotels, gambling, hookers, etc. Havana was the first "Las Vegas." The secret Mafia organization was all over Cuba even after Castro seized power.)

When Kennedy abandoned the boys from Brigada 2506 on the beach at the Bay of Pigs, and then fired Allen Dulles as head of CIA, and his attorney-general brother, Bobby Kennedy, started trying to bust the Mafia and the Teamsters Union, they sealed their fate. The actual assassination team is believed to be:

a.) William Seymour--Texas Book Depository

b.) Jim Braden, Dal-Tex Building

c.) Fred Lee Crismon

d.) Manuel Gonzales (anti-Castro Cuban)

e.) James Powell, from the Defense Industrial Security Command

(DISC), Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), and Army

Intelligence, the supposed team leader.

Many of the older boys in my neighborhood (South Park, in Houston) were members of the Civil Air Patrol (CAP) which was based at nearby Ellington Field. David Ferrie was one of the adult leaders of the CAP unit at Ellington in the mid-to-late '50s. Lee Harvey Oswald was one of Ferrie's CAP cadets. I do not believe that Oswald realized he was going to be used as the fall guy. He was involved with Guy Bannister's anti-Castro Cubans though.

Woody Harrelson's father denies that he was involved, although he looks very much like one of the famous tramps that were arrested at the nearby railroad yard shortly after the assassination, and then released. He was convicted of murdering a Federal judge with a high-powered rifle later, a contract hit for a drug smuggler.

They say that in order to determine who in in charge, you follow the money and find out who benefits the most. The logical candidate: Vice President Lyndon Johnson. Kennedy loathed him, and the feeling was mutual.

wow, how the hell did you manage to write all of that and contain yourself to one single gratuitous gun reference?!

;)

good post.

honestly, youd think people would be a little more pissed off that their government killed it's own leader, but i guess not.

the 9/11 'conspiracy' theories have a whole lot more of a concrete footing than most people think, it's just so incredibly frowned upon to even begin to implicate anyone other than bin laden, that no one bothers to discuss it. there are 100x's more ties to saudi arabia and israel than there are to bin laden, but what does that matter?

Originally posted by villain+Nov 23 2004, 08:14 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (villain - Nov 23 2004, 08:14 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-symbols@Nov 23 2004, 03:48 PM

that new video game is fucked.

??????

There is a JFK video game?

[/b]

yup.

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/US/11/21/kennedy.game.reut/

Kennedy assassination re-created in video game

Monday, November 22, 2004 Posted: 1017 GMT (1817 HKT)

Players are rewarded for accurately re-creating Kennedy's assassination in "JFK Reloaded."

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- A new video game to be released on Monday allows players to simulate the assassination of U.S. President John F. Kennedy.

The release of "JFK Reloaded" is timed to coincide with the 41st anniversary of Kennedy's murder in Dallas and was designed to demonstrate a lone gunman was able to kill the president.

"It is despicable," said David Smith, a spokesman for Massachusetts Sen. Edward Kennedy, the late president's brother. He was informed of the game on Friday but declined further comment.

Kirk Ewing, managing director of the Scottish firm Traffic Games, which developed the game, said he understood some people would be horrified at the concept, but he insisted he and his team had nothing but respect for Kennedy and for history.

"We believe that the only thing we're exploiting is new technology," said Ewing, a former documentary filmmaker and senior executive with Scottish developer VIS, responsible for games like "State of Emergency." He said he sent Edward Kennedy a letter before the game's release.

Ewing said the game was designed to undermine the theory there was some shadowy plot behind the assassination. "We believe passionately there was no conspiracy," he said.

The news fails to mention that you can win $100,000 from the JFK game.

1. It's not a whole video game, you just see him come around the corner and try to shoot him.

2. It is made with the aerodynamics and shit of a real gun, so it will help prove the lone gunman theory.

3. If you pay 9 dollars you get 10 tries to shoot him exactly like he was shot. If you do..you win the money.

I'm getting tired of this whole JFK thing. If anyone by chance figures it out in 100 years, anyone who would be responisble would be long dead, and probably are already dead. It doesn't matter really anymore. I mean, by now he would be dead anyway. The Kennedys just have bad luck. Why was there no grand conspiracy over the Lincoln assassination, or the assassination of McKinley? Maybe it's time to let go.

There actually is a theory about a conspiracy to assassinate Lincoln, and the ex-Confederates who did the shooting and got hanged were "just patsies."

The Radical Republicans were furious that Lincoln intended to try and pull the country back together by going easy on the rebels. His wife, Mary Todd Lincoln, was a Southerner, and loved the South, but was not a Confederate sympathizer. Many of her girlhood friends and school chums were rabid Confederates, though. Word is that Mrs. Lincoln begged her husband to not treat the defeated Southerners harshly, and to make Reconstruction short.

President Lincoln was considering this very thing, much to the fury of the more vehement supporters of a harsh Reconstruction period.

The theory is that the Radical Republicans somehow encouraged the conspirators around John Wilkes Booth to carry out the assassination. I don't know all the details, but I have heard this since I was a teenager or before. It's a common belief in the South, that Lincoln actually intended to try and heal the wounds and accept the former rebels back into the fold without forfeiting their right to vote.

Of course, this did not occur. Lincoln was shot, Reconstruction was brutal, and Booth and his co-conspirators (including a Confederate woman) were hanged. Poor Dr. Mudd--he had the misfortune to treat the broken leg of a presidential assassin.

an exert from Is the US Already Bankrupt?

"..That same day, Kennedy signed a bill changing the backing of one and two dollar bills from silver to gold, adding strength to the weakened U.S. currency.

Kennedy's comptroller of the currency, James J. Saxon, had been at odds with the powerful Federal Reserve Board for some time, encouraging broader investment and lending powers for banks that were not part of the Federal Reserve system. Saxon also had decided that non-Reserve banks could underwrite state and local general obligation bonds, again weakening the dominant Federal Reserve banks".

Kennedy's E.O. was never implemented following his assassination, and shortly afterwards, United States silver coins were taken out of circulation and replaced with the copper clad slugs in use today. These two events, the failure to print new silver certificates, and the substitution of worthless slugs for our silver coins, may explain why the Warren Commission included on its panel John J. McCloy, a man with no experience in crime, law enforcement, or national security, but who had been the President of the Chase Manhattan Bank.."