Disc Golf

CAPiTA

Frolfing = my new obsession

This sport is so awesomely sweet and I'm sure a bunch of you play it. It seems like it would be a very popular pastime in the 12oz community. For those of you who have been living under a rock for the past couple of years, (below info taken from disclife.com)

Disc golf is a lot like traditional "ball" golf, except players use specially made plastic flying discs instead of balls and clubs, and throw them for 'par' at an above-ground target instead of a hole in the ground. There are different types of discs used for different purposes, much like ball golfers use different clubs.

The object of the game is to throw a golf disc into the target, typically a "Pole Hole®" basket (a steel basket over which chains hang), in the fewest number of throws. The player begins by 'driving' from a designated tee area and continues toward the target, throwing each consecutive shot from the spot where the previous throw has landed. Finally, a successful 'putt' sends the disc into the target. The most satisfying sound a disc golfer can hear is the 'ching!' of a disc crashing the chains before dropping into the basket.

Most disc golf courses consist of 18 or 24 holes, and you'll find some nine-hole courses too. Holes lengths vary, but generally fall between 150 and 500 feet each. Trees, shrubbery, water and terrain changes offer plenty of hazards to avoid, and it becomes very possible to lose a disc in areas with thick growth, tall trees or deep water. Fortunately, discs retail between $7 and $12.

http://www.provo.org/parks/Parks/Disc_Golf/Course/Photo_4x_scenic__9_large.jpg'>

^Basket (your objective)^

http://www.disclife.com/imgs/discs2.jpg'>

^Putter, Mid-range, and Driver (top to bottom)^

http://www.discgolf.ca/disc%20golf%20canada.jpg'>

^The definition of Disc Golf champion^

So, who plays? Where do you play? What [disks] do you play with?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 years later...

I used to play all over Chicago Area and S. Wisconsin.

I lived right down the block from the best course in PHX area, but I just moved. Hopefully I still play as much. (I'll have to drive, which = less beers now)

My problem isn't cold weather, it's the heat.

Try playing a desert course on a rocky foot hill when it is 115 degrees. I gotta get on the course at 6am to not die.

year round golfers in my city.

i made a good chunk of change doing custom rap letter graphix on discs over the years.. but sadly round here its a br0,juggallo,hippy,hipster thing... summer time i chill at the lake and watch the crappy reenactments of the outsiders fights between the four groups

no joke two years ago i heard "this is dark carnival bitch!"

followed by " well fuck you brah! this is our hood"

i think a large chunk of my african american genetics just wont allow me to play this shit though..i get as far as holding the disc but just cant throw it no matter how hard i try

I used to smoke way to much weed and play disc golf. Now I don't smoke anymore and don't play either. hmmmm......

Funny thing was whenever we could get anything we couldn't find any dope we would always go to the course and find roaches under he picnic tables there.