dillema.

CIPHER_one

My friend and I were on our way to our yard(we have to walk down a street for a little bit first) when all of a sudden a car turned the corner. This road is kinda in a place where cars don't come around too aften at 1 or so in the morning so we were caught off guard. we put out crates down, and kept walking along the road, acting as if we were going for a midnight stroll...? Should we have done that? Or ran and hid or dove or something like that. It would be pretty hard to find a path where we wouldn't have to walk on the road so thats kinda outta the question, but not completely.

thanks.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

There HAS to be another way to get into your spot without carrying crates along a road at 1AM. I've done some spots that had a shady no-man's land where you're praying nobody rolls by for 30 crucial seconds, but knowing what I was getting into, I had the paint in a less fishy (or at least closed) container, and escape routes and/or a story ready.

If you are using a car for any part of the mission, no matter where you've picked for parking, you drop everybody else off with all the paint, park, and walk in alone with nothing on you, and reverse it on the way out. If you're carless, there's a lot of advantages to a bike + backpack combo (less suspicious to be seen at all, and faster "zoom" time to the spot where you plan to vanish from road-view). If you have to do the whole thing on foot, you really need to look into stashing the paint, in something less giveaway than crates, and therefore walking the no-man's land with nothing on you (and, I hope, a story you worked out beforehand).

Also, on the story tip: keep it simple. The cop won't believe ANY story you tell, so just "Out for a walk" is good, and just sit stoically through any abuse that follows.

I'm not really sure why, but there's something disarming about riding a bike versus walking at night, especially if you have a backpack. It just looks less suspicious. (Although if you're that young, you lose some of the advantage.)

At the end you said something about finding an off-road path would be difficult, but not impossible. Put some effort into that. Get those longer-handled branch loppers and CUT a path if you have to (sometime when you aren't painting, obviously). I've done it myself, in one case over a half mile long through a swamp to a particularly good spot, which saved my ass as an escape route once. If you cut a path through thick crap, leave five or ten feet uncut at each end so nobody even knows there's a path.

Originally posted by Cracked Ass

There HAS to be another way to get into your spot without carrying crates along a road at 1AM. I've done some spots that had a shady no-man's land where you're praying nobody rolls by for 30 crucial seconds, but knowing what I was getting into, I had the paint in a less fishy (or at least closed) container, and escape routes and/or a story ready.

If you are using a car for any part of the mission, no matter where you've picked for parking, you drop everybody else off with all the paint, park, and walk in alone with nothing on you, and reverse it on the way out. If you're carless, there's a lot of advantages to a bike + backpack combo (less suspicious to be seen at all, and faster "zoom" time to the spot where you plan to vanish from road-view). If you have to do the whole thing on foot, you really need to look into stashing the paint, in something less giveaway than crates, and therefore walking the no-man's land with nothing on you (and, I hope, a story you worked out beforehand).

Also, on the story tip: keep it simple. The cop won't believe ANY story you tell, so just "Out for a walk" is good, and just sit stoically through any abuse that follows.

I'm not really sure why, but there's something disarming about riding a bike versus walking at night, especially if you have a backpack. It just looks less suspicious. (Although if you're that young, you lose some of the advantage.)

At the end you said something about finding an off-road path would be difficult, but not impossible. Put some effort into that. Get those longer-handled branch loppers and CUT a path if you have to (sometime when you aren't painting, obviously). I've done it myself, in one case over a half mile long through a swamp to a particularly good spot, which saved my ass as an escape route once. If you cut a path through thick crap, leave five or ten feet uncut at each end so nobody even knows there's a path.

thanks a lot for the info. A lot of this pretty much goes to carelessness/laziness. I have basically the chillest yard in the world, so I get carried away. But for those 30 sec's that I have to walk along the road, if a cop car rolls by, I'm pretty much screwed.So, I guess I should try and keep it that chill.

The yard has a road and houses parallel to it on one side, and kind of a wooded area on the other side. the only way to get to the wooded area would be to walk through a factory type place. And we'd still have to park on the street and walk for a bit.

I'm pretty sure theres a place farther down on the side with the road/houses where we could park in a culdesac type location. that way, the only people we would run into would be the people living there, who would be asleep by then...

what also sucks, is that where we park, there is basically an obvious/clear path we take to get there. so thats not so good. I'll try somethin.

thanks again.

Originally posted by ASER1NE

i dont paint fr8s at night so i dont really get it , do most of you ?????

here theres plenty of places to paint at 1 pm , instead of 1 am...

Yes, most of us do freights at night...you're a lucky bastard, enjoy life. And invite me there sometime.

i paint 75% of my trains at nite and 25% in the day,,,when painting in the sticks the thing that sucks is u park on the side of the road where u have no bussness being... u guys have that problem? i try 2 park where i see other cars on the side of the road/parking lots/apt-lots, and some of the walks are not 2 good......=(:o

Archived