DILEMA

AORAone

Alright peoples. i need help with a little problem i have with my computer lately.

a couple of nights ago i was trying to upload some fliks i took that day with photobucket. i hit the"browse" option so i could select my picture to upload, im sure your all familiar with this. as soon as i hit the browse button, an error report apeared. and shut down my internet. all minimized screens and everything. i thought maybe it was a quick fuck up. and just signed back in, and tried again. same thing. so i pretty much said fuck it. later on, i was talking to fatbastard (i think it was) on aim, and i went to show him the fliks and i connected ok, but hit the icon to select my picture, and it signed me off aol. so ive called msn, windows, and my local cable company(x2). msn couldnt help me, and microsoft is closed except for a recording during the certain hours i dont work. so i called my cable company( i have cable modem) and they told me to download two programs for pop ups and other unecessary shit on my pc. i got ad-ware 6.0, and i got spybot search and destroy v 1.2. these havent helped. i called them back tonight, and asked me if i have windows xp, i do, and he said to pop in the disk and have it fix all outdated or corrupted programs. he said somthing about dll, but i havent a clue. so i put the xp disk and it didnt work.and now im stuck. i should call them back, but i havent the patience for them right now.

the message i recieve when it cancels my aim, is almost i dentical to the internet one, the aim one says.

runtime error!

program:c:program filesaimaim.exe

this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. please contact the applications support team for more information.

anyone got any ideas? its been this way for quite a while. im quite angry. and would greatly appreciate any help. over this forum, or aim. thanks peoples.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Daze One Million

runtime error, means your missing runtime files aka .dll files

you need to reinstall those files in order for the program to function properly or the program will be forced to end...hence why you keep getting logged off

but it happens with multiple programs, what would that mean

some programs share .dll files, thats why your not supposed to just delete a program your supposed to uninstall it, that way you dont accidently delete something other programs use

aol, and what ever programs hes trying to use are probably both trying to get info from that .dll file thats missing

well arcel helped me a bunch, and it told me to restart after making all these changes he told me to do, so i did and when it came up it asked me if i wanted to reset computer to earlier date, so i did to see if it wuld work. it did, until i try to access my first folder, i have my graffiti fliks in a folder inside of a folder. so if i try to access my other folder outside of my graffiti folder it still shuts down, so i just dragged all the fliks into one folder, then redirected where they automatically saved to so i dont really have to ever access the other folder. har har. but fatbastard is right i have this computer for about 3-4 more days, then im pc-less until i get the money for a new one.....current funds=$0.00, any donations will be appreciated,:lol: but seriously ill get one somehow, may take a while tho.

Archived