1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

digital developer ?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by ASER1NE, Dec 25, 2001.

1. ASER1NE

ASER1NE 12oz Veteran Member

digital developer ?

Discussion started by ASER1NE - Dec 25, 2001

i was just wondering how many rich pompous ass ppl are rockin digital cameras , and how many are still trying to catch up with the jones' ?

i got a regular film camera.......

ASER1NE - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  2. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

T.T Boy - Replied Dec 25, 2001

i will never buy digital. the pictures will never be the same as what you can do with film.

T.T Boy - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  3. ASER1NE

ASER1NE 12oz Veteran Member

ASER1NE - Replied Dec 25, 2001

seriously ? explain

i always thought digital cameras are better , a good one costs like 400 bucks so what r u paying for

ASER1NE - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  4. Zack Morris

Zack Morris 12oz Veteran Member

Zack Morris - Replied Dec 25, 2001

i was watching tech tv today and they were talking about digital camera's and they were showing this top of the line professional 2000 camera, It has all the functions of Normal SLR camera but instead you stored all the pictures onto a disk. The pictures looked nice to me but I would want to try it out and see what I could do with different lighting and shuitter speeds.

Zack Morris - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  5. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

boogie hands - Replied Dec 25, 2001

yeah....i just fell off the digital camera wagon....i can get a super dope manual camera for 300-400 dollars or i can get a comperable digital camera for 800-900 dollars....and then i get to buy a 200 dollar printer and a pack of 10 dollar printer paper that will only print 24 exposures as opposed to the doubles i could get with a manual for 7 bucks.....bah, ill wait 2 more years until they are actually affordable....

boogie hands - Rank: 12oz Legend - Messages:
  6. Pinche Hoto

Pinche Hoto Guest

Pinche Hoto - Replied Dec 25, 2001

yeah techtv is dope. Digital cameras can't receive as much of a color and light range as a traditional cameras. And Film camera's look so cool! And how are you gonna have a book of flix, with a digital.

7. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

misteraven - Replied Dec 25, 2001

I cant even remeber the last time I used a film camera. For my purposes they're a waste of time. With digital I go around shooting everything and anything with no worries. I get home and dump them to my computer. Once I have 650mb's worth I burn a cd. I sort them using a handy program by extensis called portfolio and generally upload the good shit I take at parties or wherever to my yahoo online album or to shutterfly along with many of my freinds that have digital cameras so we can all check out each others stuff and laugh. If theres a shot worth having in print I upload a high res version and spend the fifty cents to print it out through their printing service. Or they end up as part of the magazine or used as imagery in one of the sites I develope for. Photo albums are cool, but online albums are far more useful in my opinion.

Say what you will, but I doubt I'd go back to film, which is unfortunate seeing as how I have a $2500 slr. BTW, if you go digital, get an olympus.

misteraven - Rank: Administrator - Messages:
  8. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

boogie hands - Replied Dec 25, 2001

hahah, exactly, its just feels funny huddling around a computer screen to see whats been rolling though the area.....a couch, liqour and some photo albums, thats a good time.....

boogie hands - Rank: 12oz Legend - Messages:
  9. imported_Tesseract - Replied Dec 25, 2001

Until i find the money i need for a digital, i think that a simple virus can fuck up all your work at once, that negatives and slides are cool for large prints and slide shows(i also need some $ for a projector) and that 'objects' are way better than data...

10. suburbian bum

suburbian bum 12oz Loyalist

suburbian bum - Replied Dec 25, 2001

You cant do the stuff you can do with a good digital camera that you can do with a regular one. I like my dads 25 year old minolta, its real nice.

suburbian bum - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages: