digital cameras

Teen_06.jpg

i just picked up the new sony T1.

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/sc/30588497-2-300-camera+on-1.gif'>

as you can see the size of this thing is amazing... its super slim and has a nice big lcd on the back but the flicks come out super blurry no matter what and the flash is superrrrr weak.. you have to hold the camera extremely still which is almost impossible for the flicks to be crisp... the lens is just way too small...anyway im going to return this cam and pick up something else...

so basicly im wondering what digitals are you guys using or suggest i check out?

i would like to stick with sony since i already have memory sticks but im open to all brands and anything 3mp or higher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

the only thing good about the t1 is the size of the lcd on the back and the slim size. other than that, it practically has the same amount of zoom as a disposable camera. so you have to be 6 feet away from something to have it look decent. if you were going to spend like 500 smackers you should have invested in something thats more practical rather than something that just looks cool.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by Teen_06.jpg

as you can see the size of this thing is amazing... its super slim and has a nice big lcd on the back but the flicks come out super blurry no matter what and the flash is superrrrr weak.. you have to hold the camera extremely still which is almost impossible for the flicks to be crisp... the lens is just way too small...anyway im going to return this cam and pick up something else...

so basicly im wondering what digitals are you guys using or suggest i check out?

i would like to stick with sony since i already have memory sticks but im open to all brands and anything 3mp or higher

Go get a real sony:

http://www.cnphotos.net/news/news/images/s...f717-02-big.jpg

Originally posted by Teen_06.jpg

Check out www.cnet.com - they have amazing reviews on digital cameras and TONS of user reviews for every camera.

*edit - damn, I see you got your image from cnet, so I trust you know about it. I'd use that as a means to find a new camera. You probably won't get much help here, beyond people throwing out the names of random cameras which may or may not suit your needs.

I use this : http://www.cyberphoto.se/minolta/digital/e323ff.jpg'>

and this : http://www.dpreview.com/news/0402/PMA/Kodak/cx7430front.jpg'>

the minolta is better on size ... but the kodak is killer for image resolution and the movie-making capability of it

minolta = 3.2 mp, kodak = 4.0 mp, built in speakermicrophone combo for the video-footage

edit: fixed images, as an after thought they both use SD cards

Originally posted by dowmagik

I almost bought that camera, thanks for the info. Someone needs to make a real compact camera that actually works very well.

I must jump in...

I own the T1 and use it quite often. I'm not a camera savvy kind of guy and taking serious professional shots is not in the cards. I needed a camera that was small enough to fit in my pocket, at least 5megs, had choices when it came to image quality and able to take action photos. The T1 has all those options and more. I've played around with the camera since it first came out... (I just happened to be at the store looking for a new digital camera the day it was launched) and I have finally figured out all the little extras that come along with it. I think it's an amazing little camera. It does exactly what I need it and it's small enough to take around in my pocket. It's not heavy or bulky. The large LCD screen is a plus but wasn't a reason for the purchase.

If you're looking for a high quality digital camera that has just the right amount of extras, and is a decent size... the T1 is your camera.

No complaints over here...

a larger cam isnt what im looking for since i have one already... joker do you have any problems with blurry photos? its hard for me to get clean shots... i didnt get this camera cause its the newest and coolest shit out... i picked it up cause it did get some good reviews and the size really does fit what i need... i wish i checked cnet sooner though.. alot of people seem to have similiar problems... i really wish i could get this camera to work out for me... joker are there any settings that you chose that made a big difference?

Originally posted by ilovedrunk

there are prolly people who will disagree with me, but for my money digi slrs have a bit to go before ill spend that much money on them... ive read that to match pixels to actual film grain the camera would have to be something like 12 or 13 mege pixels.. (matching pixel quality to film quality) sure the quality of a digi slr is still good REAL good... but the quality of some of the 5 mega pixel prosumer digis are more than pretty good... its all about what you wanna do... with the digi slr you have a broad range of lenses that you can use.. granted some prosumer ones have screw on lenses, i have a wide angle for my nikon 5700 and the focul length is a bit fuckle...

i shoot fully manual on my camera if thats what youre talking about "more" with your photos...

ramble

sorry if i step on anyones toes

(crave did you go to ccad?)

Archived