Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

digital cameras

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Teen_06.jpg, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Teen_06.jpg

Teen_06.jpg Junior Member

i just picked up the new sony T1.
    http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/sc/30588497-2-300-camera+on-1.gif'>
    as you can see the size of this thing is amazing... its super slim and has a nice big lcd on the back but the flicks come out super blurry no matter what and the flash is superrrrr weak.. you have to hold the camera extremely still which is almost impossible for the flicks to be crisp... the lens is just way too small...anyway im going to return this cam and pick up something else...
    so basicly im wondering what digitals are you guys using or suggest i check out?
    i would like to stick with sony since i already have memory sticks but im open to all brands and anything 3mp or higher

2. StarzAbove

StarzAbove Veteran Member

3. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

4. GamblersGrin

GamblersGrin Elite Member

the only thing good about the t1 is the size of the lcd on the back and the slim size. other than that, it practically has the same amount of zoom as a disposable camera. so you have to be 6 feet away from something to have it look decent. if you were going to spend like 500 smackers you should have invested in something thats more practical rather than something that just looks cool.

5. japillahan

japillahan Senior Member

http://www.bristolcameras.co.uk/shopimages/fuji-s7000.jpg'>
    fuji finepix S7000
    [img]http://www.auspost.com.au/GAC_Image_Metafile/0,,2750,00.jpg'>
    nuf hcum os

7. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

they suck

sotohp ypparc ynam os

8. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

9. anonymity

anonymity New Jack

Hmmmmm....I'd say forget appearance and get something thats not fashion over function. I got an olympus c-5000 with 5 mp a few months ago. Works lovely, a little on the bigger side but it takes sexcellent pictures and is quite easy to use.

10. seppuku

seppuku Member

i just got a Nikon D70 digital SLR. now i need a compactflash card.

11. imported_dowmagik

imported_dowmagik Senior Member

I almost bought that camera, thanks for the info. Someone needs to make a real compact camera that actually works very well.

12. JohnnyHorton

JohnnyHorton Senior Member

I use this : http://www.cyberphoto.se/minolta/digital/e323ff.jpg'>

and this : [img]http://www.dpreview.com/news/0402/PMA/Kodak/cx7430front.jpg'>

the minolta is better on size ... but the kodak is killer for image resolution and the movie-making capability of it
    minolta = 3.2 mp, kodak = 4.0 mp, built in speakermicrophone combo for the video-footage

edit: fixed images, as an after thought they both use SD cards

13. Joker

Joker Dirty Dozen Crew

I must jump in...

I own the T1 and use it quite often. I'm not a camera savvy kind of guy and taking serious professional shots is not in the cards. I needed a camera that was small enough to fit in my pocket, at least 5megs, had choices when it came to image quality and able to take action photos. The T1 has all those options and more. I've played around with the camera since it first came out... (I just happened to be at the store looking for a new digital camera the day it was launched) and I have finally figured out all the little extras that come along with it. I think it's an amazing little camera. It does exactly what I need it and it's small enough to take around in my pocket. It's not heavy or bulky. The large LCD screen is a plus but wasn't a reason for the purchase.

If you're looking for a high quality digital camera that has just the right amount of extras, and is a decent size... the T1 is your camera.

No complaints over here...

14. Swiffer Jet

Swiffer Jet Elite Member

Could have gotten the Sony P100 in that price range.

I have the Sony DSC-V1

http://www.digital-cameras.info/images/sony-dsc-v1-cyber-shot.jpg'>

It's bulky and heavy but it isn't a big factor to me.

15. cloner

cloner Senior Member