diet/workout Thread. part trillion

DEE38

As most of you probably know, I had a lil baby boy almost 10 months ago...... and being pregnant well, some women go back to their bods like shit was elastic, and some women are unfortunate and gain lots of weight and get fat and die

well.... i need to go back to my oldddddddd self, i have no idea where to start. i had a c-section so i couldent work out right after i had orion, and i had to wait like 6 weeks to work out, and my lazy ass never did. now orion will be a big ol Whopping 1 years old soon, and i'm a loser for not working out sooner.

alrite my goal is to lose the weight i gained, probably like 30 pounds (for starters) i want to say, yeah i want to starve and do it in a month, but i know thats impossible, but any fast technique would be greatly appreaciated!

i am down for anything.. um, preferbably in my house (for working out), vegas is shitty weather/environment for running/walking, i welcome all outrageous diets that dont include cocaine or crack or anything... i think that atkin shit is disgusting though, um... just anything with lasting results, and (yeah right) quicker than just "eat 6 small meals a day, work out 4 times a week,... blah blah)

oh anyone know any pills that work? the mr. took trim spa which didnt work for him, and some starch blocker thing, which didnt work too. fuck anna nicole smith and her sexy new self trim spa fuck.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

get a good video

(sorry i can't reccomend any)

like tae-bo

and set aside a very specific time every other day or so that you'll definitely do it.

and stick to it.

if you work out enough, you can eat whatever you want.

if you do a crash diet, the weight might come off, but then it'll come back.

you have to get into a routine, so that you'll keep on it and won't be able to wimp out.

there are also those workouts that you can do with your baby (lifting baby etc)

I walk whenever i can.

walk to the grocery store, walk to the thrift store, walk just to walk.

thats really my only means of exercise, but its been good to me.

i don't know about indoor working out...i would hate it.

i don't like pushups or situps or treadmills or any of that jive.

i prefer to be outside, so i can't really help.

maybe get some of those pilates videos? Everyones crazy about that stuff.

oh, and eat only when your hungry. Sounds so logical but sometimes out of boredom at work i'll start eating stuff. Thats why its good to have healthy snacks in the crib instead of cookies and pastry type stuff.

speaking of weight gain, working out, bla...

So i was thrift shopping yesterday. I picked out all these clothes to try on, so i did. Alot of them didn't fit, not because i'm overall really big, but because my birth control made my breasts into gozangas. they make me look like a hussy. sometimes i just want to wear a cute tank top like the ones i find in thrift stores but i can't because my cleave is busting out.

So i gotta lay down more money to buy tanks from jcrew and victorias secret n sheeit. I yearn for the days when my titties were smaller and fit into everything and anything i would find. Now their just too damn big.

I know, ohhh the terror. I'm just being trivial and feel like complaining.

and i know the grass is always greener on the other side.

hmm, i def. should check out pilates.... our library has lots of workout vids, and i've borrowed two and both of them kinda sucked.

and im not a great swimmer either! shame on me cuz im from hawaii. oh well.

and about the vids, well in HS i got into shape a lil bit cuz i loved to go running esp. with my best friend, and i'd do it for atleast an hour a few times a week, when i wasent running, i'd do work out vids, which helped a grip also, but after a month or two, it gets repetititve and boring! then after workingout/running.. id go into my bathroom with alot of clothes on, turn the shower on hot, and just sweat away for like 20 mins. it worked too... but i dont recommend doing that anymore.

but anyway im not sure what pilates is but ive seen it, is is effective??

and cinched- i bet your boobs are beau-tiiiiiii-fullllll! just get a bra with better support. i have never ever invested in a VS bra, but i heard so much great things... so when i get some loot i plan on getting one. i dont wanna get addicted =( them shits be like 30$ +

pilates is like stretching/power yoga shit i think.

it's low impact and is about toning the midsection.

i know a lot fo celebrity women swear by it, and i know a couple girls (with nice bodies) who go to the gym for it.

..if th evids ar etoo boring, can you afford a class or two? i DETEST working out, but when i went to an aerobics class a bunch last year, it was cool, and it only lasted an hour. i liked that.

i stopped because i ride my bike so much i can't work out any more or i'll turn gross.

**EDIT**

ladies, drop some dough on nice bras! jebus. treat them right! i have some very pricey shit, but it is so worth it.

im so bad, cuz i hate bras (when im at home, i never go out without a bra though) so im used to not sporting a bra when im chillin at home, and well i think thats why they're not nice anymore. well my boobs were never perky, they were always kinda, like heavy and big n sluggish,

:(

Originally posted by DEE38

im so bad, cuz i hate bras (when im at home, i never go out without a bra though) so im used to not sporting a bra when im chillin at home, and well i think thats why they're not nice anymore. well my boobs were never perky, they were always kinda, like heavy and big n sluggish,

i really don't think bras make a difference in how your boobs are.

boobs are all genetics.

I used to wonder where mine came from since my mum is smaller...then i looked at my grandmas chest (on the dad's side) and understood completely.

big boobs seldom are teenage perky...unless their fake.

we all need to go watch Real Women Have Curves...then go to an Oprah taping. :) hahaa.

what worked for me the best is working out an hour or two for 4 days doing step aerobics with weights. its not so hard and orion can be watched as well. drop the carbs, cut down on them i mean. drink lotsa water and walk everywhere. thank god for sf being small. but that works the best for me. you loose weight eventually, but if you keep the routine up, so will the weight.

cinched, i feel ya. try being 4'11 with C-cups. now thats a hussy for ya. its hard finding tops for me as well. i just got a new dress yesterday with a button top (another nurse betty dickies dress) and the three of the top buttons popped right off. damn. :nope:

do you drink much water Dee?

i lost 5 pounds in 2 days by only eating when i was hungry and just drinking water, and a lot of it. The rest of the weight after that i lost by excercising outside.. so i cant help there. But cutting out sodas and all that shit is a good small start.

plus i hope you dont eat fast food... or any other processed foods. those are a lot harder for your body to break down and use, so try to get healthier eating habits. Plent of places online to get healthy simple recipes and ideas.

Originally posted by Devilush

cinched, i feel ya. try being 4'11 with C-cups.

:) i'm 4 inches taller....but we're in the same size boat.

yeah, dee, like jazzy said. drink water.

at one point i only drank water for an entire year (juice, beer and tea sometimes). no soda, nothing. just water. you will lose some weight guaranteed. and your periods and cramps may quite down...mine sure did and i usually get BAD cramps. it got to the point where i didn't have to take asprin or anything.

im down to go see oprah, she gives away mad shit.

like the one time, it was clothes, shoes, ipod, and lots more stuff in just ONE SHOW.

makes me cry i wasent there =(

werd.

fucking saturday night live spoofed the oprah show and the audience was losing it cuz of all the shit o gave away..this one bitches head straight popped off her body ..it ruled.

i am down for free shit, and i'll even sit through oprah to get it ;)

..dlush, i have one of those dresses.

i am not making the buttons pop off though haha.

i lost a whole cup size last year after i started getting in shape.

i'm going back on the pill today.

my posts always turn to girl ramblings. lol.

nothin' wrong with that...i love girl ramblings, as long as you're not whining and bitching about shit!

i don't work out at all; i walk when i'm going to mcdonalds on my lunch break and everyday i take this little green pill called AM300 herbal supplement; it works for me; i've been taking it for years now; helped me lose weight and stay up all those nights working graveyard, and it improves your memory and gives you energy. too bad they took out ephedra from the ingredients, but it still does wonders. to make it really work, you have to drink a lot of water, so you will be peeing a lot.

www.trimdownquickly.com if you wanna try it dee.

(beware of the cheesiness of the site design...but they're nice people)

all you need to do really is eat right and excercise 3-4 times a week for 30-45 minutes.

it doesn't sound like you need to be taking trim-spa or running five days a week....you just need a little more activity.

for starters, don't drink anything with sugar in it. stick with water and diet drinks.

you can purchase a mini-water cooler for 100 bucks or less and the 5 gallon jugs run about 5.99 (around 13.99 with deposit).....this way you have a constant source of fluid.

your body burns fat easier when you're properly hydrated.

also lay off carbonated drinks because the carbonation blocks protein absorption.

take a multi-vitamin every morning....just buy a big generic bottle from a local drugstore. you can get 200 cheap vitamins that do everything

that centrum does for half the price.....you'll start feeling better overall

another thing you can do that will help, is to not eat carbohydrates after 3pm....if you want you can step into the atkins ring, but i really wouldn't.....just don't eat any carbs after 3.

what's your excercise routine like now?

Enh

i've been trying to loose weight since day 1 and i exercise like a fiend but it doesn't seem to work so well, so don't ask me.

when i was at my thinnest i was doing the following:

i took one hydroxycut supplement in the morning and worked out 4 days a week in the morning b4 work and breakfast - you burn more fat this way since you haven't eaten anything yet for the day and you burn your reserves.

it was 45 min of cardio and about 30min of weights and abs. everyday i did a different cardio exercise, elliptical, stair step, running and rowing

breakfast - egg/cheese on bread

lunch - chik patty, lofat yogurt, carrots and string cheese eaten throughout the day

dinner - one griller burger on a bun with lettuce and cheese

i did whatever i wanted on the weekends from food to not moving.. whatever. i was thin then, and it kicked ass. then i dont know what happened. actually i do...

now i bike to work, and workout 3 to 4 times a week in the evening but the diet isn't as regimented and i don't workout in the morning so maybe that's why it's not working as well.

although when i do workout it's either running 6miles or an hour of spin class or intense other cardio... i think it's the diet and the damn cheese...

and CW i feel ya on the boob thing. i'm 5'2" with Ds and it sucks i always put on shirts and my boy gives me shit since he says i'm "trying to show my stuff" and get attention... but it's not the case, it's just the damn shirt... then i ask if i should just wear turtlenecks!

seriously tho, boobs suck.

I hate the idea of taking a thin pill. Maybe it works for some but the long range effects of those types of things.. even if they are herbal are quite unknown.

A quick way to drop weight is to stop eating carbs altogether. No not atkins.. just stop the carbs and up the protein (good protean like tuna not cheese) and eat alot of fiber and drink alot of water.

BUT eating no carbs is hard to stick to... So if you are going to eat carbs eat COMPLEX carbs like whole wheats... Basicly what they do is they don't cause your body to have an insulin spike (which plain old carbs like white bread and pasto do) which later causes cravings for sugary things. If you really want to get into it checkout foods glycemic index. The lower the glycemic index the better

http://www.diabetesnet.com/diabetes_food_d...cemic_index.php

It also helps prevent diabetes

I dont think any quick fixes are safe.

Weight train aswell... More muscle = more fat burning whatever exercise you are doing.

Also not drinking alcohol is important to drop weight. Thats the hardest one for me. I can give up cake, ice cream whatever but.. damnit when its hot out I want a cold beer....

Of all the wierd places Dr.Phil's web site has a fast start guide on what to eat to kick start your diet. I am not sure where on the site it is but it has menus and it pretty decent....

Go vegetarian...

I would probably shrivel up and die if I went completely vegetarian.

The best cardiovascular workout you can probably do is swimming so ya might wanna learn how.

Aerobics and Taibo are pretty good. I'd rather run or something... Actually taebo is probably better cardiovascularly than aerobics. Wrestling/Brazilian Jujitsu is excellent cardio as well.

I run in rain, sleet, snow, whatever... then again I'm a soldier. I dunno... if it's too hot there for ya, try running in the morning or evening before the sun comes out.

I heard tell of some miracle pill they only give to certain people in the military I guess cause it's kind of dangerous but I hear it essentially melts fat and makes you shit it out. :yuck:

Originally posted by MESTHREE

It also helps prevent diabetes

I dont think any quick fixes are safe.

Weight train aswell... More muscle = more fat burning whatever exercise you are doing.

Also not drinking alcohol is important to drop weight. Thats the hardest one for me. I can give up cake, ice cream whatever but.. damnit when its hot out I want a cold beer....

alcohol is my achilles heel too.

i was drinking rum and diet cokes for about two years, thinking that it was better than consuming beer, but i was way off.

i'm not sure about the exact effects of alcohol on your muscles...

anyone care to enlighten?

Originally posted by Misteraven

best routine I've seen is 'Body For Life'. It makes sense regardless of your age or weight and I've seen it actually work wonders for people that followed it properly. Go get the book and then check out the website.

i followed this to the T... completely have the book and video, and the drinks they have

and then went i went home to see my folks they told me i looked like a beef cake (i'm a girl) and to stop whatever i was doing.

i build muscle very fast so the weight lifting part they recommended and the limited cardio didn't work so well for me...

but it's a great program for some, and it makes alot sense.

all very dope advice!

villain, i used to be strong, like able to run fast without hurting, do crunches/situps non-stop, now its like the extra weight is this huge baggage that slows me down, and im no longer flexible/strong as i used to be/ etc.

and the weather here sucks, plus i have a baby, so im not about to let him fry outside, plus he has allergies, so him being outside for a long time 3-4 times a week isnt good for him right now since he's so young.. but something like indoor jujitzu sounds cool, i had a homie that did that and he's real fit and shit, and he used to school me on some techniques waaaaaaaay back. :)

but that carb thing, i might try. i realized it aint that bad, i just pictured alot of bacon consuming and unhealthy shit but really it doesnt have to be like mesthree said..

for lunch i had 3 pieces of very thin cut steak the size, its 3 circles the size of lil pancakes, a 2 egg vegi omlette (onion&bell pepper)with 1 piece of cheese in it too, a lil bit of salsa (which is 1 carb) ....and some tuna out of the can mixed with a tad bit of mayo. a tblspoon of ketchup on the side which is 2 carbs.

Total= 3g carbs

its weird, usually i feel sleepy after i eat alot (i usually eat rice/potatoes/pasta, but right now, damn i am ready to clean the house.

wow.

oh yeah lots of water too!

oh and raven, my friend did that, shes my build, like very tall, big bonned, very curvy (not like obese fat, but lots of meat, but solid meat) and she wanted to slim down.. so she did that and lost some weight. i think her starting was 210 or something, then went down to about 180, stopped, went back up to 215..... and tried it again, then started getting "buff" i dont really want to get buff.

its weird because.... we both have the same body type, and i know 175 sounds like alot of weight, but for us its like, pretty ideal... anything lower and we look lanky (we're 5'9" i think she might be 5'9.5) and her cheek bones start to horribly show like a skeleton, and i my face starts looking weird too.

weird

Originally posted by Misteraven

Most vegenterians I know actually gain weight since most of what they can eat are carbs (pasta, potatos, etc) and since most meats are fairly lean and high in protein which doesnt add much to body weight.

this is true.

Archived