Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Did they find Noah's Ark?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by MAR, Jun 30, 2006.

1. MAR

MAR Veteran Member

Has Noah's Ark Been Found?
    Christian Archaeology Team Believes It's Found Biblical Remains

(June 29) - Texas archaeologists believe they may have located the remains of Noah's Ark in Iran's Elburz mountain range.

"I can't imagine what it could be if it is not the Ark," said Arch Bonnema of the Bible Archaeology Search and Exploration (B.A.S.E) Institute, a Christian archeology organization dedicated to looking for biblical artifacts.

Bonnema and the other B.A.S.E. Institute members hiked for seven hours in the mountains northwest of Tehran, climbing 13,000 feet before making the apparent discovery.

"We got up to this object, nestled in the side of a hill," said Robert Cornuke, a member of the B.A.S.E. Institute. "We found something that has my heart skipping a beat."
    At first, they didn't dare to hope it was the biblical boat.

"It wasn't impressive at first," Cornuke said. "Certainly didn't think it to be Noah's Ark. But when we got close, we were amazed. It looked similar to wood."

In addition, some B.A.SE. members say, their discovery didn't look very distinctive.
    "It looked like the deck of any boat today," Bonnema said.

Long Search for the Ark
    The Bible places the Ark in the mountains of Ararat, a mountain range theologians believe spans hundreds of miles, which the team says is consistent with their find in Iran.
    The Bible also describes the Ark's dimensions as being 300 cubits by 50 cubits -- about the size of a small aircraft carrier. The B.A.S.E. Institute's discovery is similar in size and scale.

"It is provocative to think that this could be the lost ark of Noah," Cornuke said.

Throughout history, people have been searching for the Ark to help prove God's existence.
    "There's this idea, if we can prove that the Ark existed then we can prove that the story existed, and more importantly, we can prove that God existed," said Bruce Feiler, author of
    "Where God Was Born."

Previous scholars have searched for the Ark on Mount Ararat in Turkey.
    "Czar Nicholas, actually, in 1916 sent two expeditions to photograph it on top of Mount Ararat," said Feiler.

One former U.S. president, Feiler said, looked for it in the mountains of Iran.
    "There is a story that Jimmy Carter, on his way to visit the Shah of Iran in 1977, purposefully flew over it," he said.

As recently as March, researcher claimed to have satellite photos that proved the presence of Ark remains. The B.A.S.E institute hopes the physical evidence they've brought back from Iran will hold the answer to this enduring mystery.

"People will always be looking for it, always be skeptical, always be excited of the search," Cornuke said. "But I think we found something here that's very notable."

The B.A.S.E. Institute's samples are being examined at labs in Texas and Florida. B.A.S.E officials concede that there would be no way to conclusively prove that their finding is actually Noah's Ark.

So the hunt goes on. The biggest hurdle in identifying Noah's Ark comes down to "gopher wood." The Bible says the Ark was made of gopher wood but no one knows what it is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I honestly dont know what to say...but I'm excited.

2. El Jefe Uno

El Jefe Uno Dirty Dozen Crew

she doesnt look too seaworthy

3. MAR

MAR Veteran Member

its been a good 4000-5000 years since they last took her out.

4. Tyrannosaurus Sex

Tyrannosaurus Sex Member

5. nomadawhat

nomadawhat Veteran Member

how about anything else made from wood??? fucking idiots... gosh.

6. sarcasm

sarcasm Elite Member

7. Gat Bush

Gat Bush Veteran Member

i heard noah only brought the animals along for beastiality purposes.

thats what i heard

8. bokals..

bokals.. Senior Member

WOULDN'T GOPHER WOOD BE WOOD GOPHERS FETCHED?....

NEED MORE SOURCES...

9. ego maniac

ego maniac Elite Member

uhm...
    this shit is laughs...
    in more ways than uno.

10. MAR

MAR Veteran Member

noahs ark link

and its been 3616 since the flood give or take a fews years. since the jewish calender is a bit off due to the exiles.

11. HydrogenPeroxide

HydrogenPeroxide Elite Member

How do they make the jump from proving a story was partly based in reality to an all powerful overseeing being existing?

*beaten. but i said it better....

Last edited: Jun 30, 2006
  12. johnny ballbags

johnny ballbags Elite Member

pics?

13. shai

shai Dirty Dozen Crew

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

"I don't know, man....."

14. Gat Bush

Gat Bush Veteran Member

[​IMG]

only a small portion of noah's sick and twisted plan....

15. coffeedependency

coffeedependency Senior Member

yeah, dude. just like they found a chariot wheel in the red sea.

wonk saggin.