Did I do the right thing?

Telo

So im sitting here rattling on my computer when all of a sudden i hear this loud ass noise. It sounded exactly like a tree branch breaking, so i go out in front of my house. I look around and see nothing, as im walking back in i glance out of the left side of my eye and see dude closing the door of a van with a broken window and stuffed a radio in his pocket. Mind you i heard this break and was out of my house within 30 seconds. That means this is a dude who does this quite frequently. In my neighborhood there are quite a few crackheads and bums (due to the numerous homeless shelters) so this shit happens A LOT.. Not to mention its happened to my car maybe 4 or 5 times within my span of a bout 7 years being here. So i get really pissed about this dude doin this shit. I mean, this kinda shit heats me waaaaaaayy more than just about anything else. Breaking into someones car is close to breaking into someones house. In my world, this is almost the lowest you can go. So i get really heated and throw on some scrapping gear and jump in my ride to go teach this fucking low-life crack baby that you dont mess with crazy white dudes emotions. I roll up on dude, i caught him like 50 feet before the crack spot (the infamous spot around here). Jump out of the car and dont think twice, i put all my energy into this one punch.

straight up, this dudes eyes rolled into his head and he fell back and hit the ground. At this point in time, i feel a sense of Nirvana as he hits the ground and his jacket opens and the radio rolls out. I felt soo good about myself. After this happened, everything was dead silent. It was as if the world had stopped and god was looking at me. Anyways i stand there for about 3 minutes staring at this dude i just str8 fucked up. As soon as i look up, our local police department rolls by and i tell them what happened. They immediately advise me to get out of there due to legal implications on my behalf. It has been a severe problem around here and i think i did the right thing.

So did i do the right thing?

EDIT* (i just heard some more noises and i walk out to see the guy getting back into his car, and i told him what happened, it was a big black religious dude from the church up the block. His friends said to him "this man needs handshake," so he shakes my hand and tells me how thankful he is.. he was gonna give me a hug but this guy was just a little too big and too black for that.. so i casually walk away.EDIT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by Telo

go teach this fucking low-life crack baby that you dont mess with crazy white dudes emotions.

Jump out of the car and dont think twice, i put all my energy into this one punch.

straight up, this dudes eyes rolled into his head and he fell back and hit the ground. .EDIT

I felt soo good about myself. After this happened, everything was dead silent. It was as if the world had stopped and god was looking at me.

it was a big black religious dude from the church up the block. His friends said to him "this man needs handshake," so he shakes my hand and tells me how thankful he is...

http://mysite.freeserve.com/contamination/vigilante.jpg'>

i think you were gonna say you called the cops... seeing as you took care of it like a man... i'd say you did alright... but you know the comps would have arrested you if you were black...

and i find it funny that the religious guy was so thankful since he's supposed to be all meak and ish

i didnt physically give the guy his radio back.. i had it in my hands and then the cops took it from me as evidence or whatever.. so then i dorve back home and thats when the guy was finally coming to his car from church.. i was soo surprised that the dude would break into the car in broad daylight on a busy street..

yeah you did a good thing not the right thing.

The right thing woulda been to make sure that shitbag went to jail for quite sometime.

I woulda questioned his ass, amde sure he was doin it for drugs then knocked myself about prolly cut my own eye brow open and pressed charges on that crackfuck for assault. BAM!! just like that.

fuck addicts who steal to support addictions, in fact fuck motherfuckers who steal from people.

losers. learn to hustle drugs.

goddamn right you did the right thing. Where were you when some piece of shit cased my car three years back? Fuckers took my all time favorite jacket and even had time to peruse my book of cd's to be selective about what they took.

Originally posted by 26SidedCube

*pauses for onslaught*

<span style='color:black'>No No. Good for you. I wanted to say it but I wasn't sure how to put it. I was going over this in my head and trying to figure things out and i think that the point is "It is acceptable to steal from faceless corporations because they don't deserve the money that they make. It is not okay to steal from people because....it's wrong?"</span>

<span style='color:black'>Ps-Fuck crackheads though. I paid this crack head joe in my old neighborhood $5 to go pick up the sticks outta my front yard. The yard wasnt even big. I saw the sticks still out there and saw Joe walking around. I asked joe what he was doing. Joe said "I picked them all up but couldn't find a bag to put them in so I spread them neatly across your yard." What a character.</span>

i admire you tenacity.....and i think you did the right thing in principle...

my only issue was what if the guy had a gun, or knife....

im comparison to someone jacking a radio, it doesnt seem worth it...

then again it soundz like your fed up which i can understand...

it just woulda sucked....

one thing about crackheads, they are unpredictable......

Guest Pilau Hands
Originally posted by mr.yuck

Joe said "I picked them all up but couldn't find a bag to put them in so I spread them neatly across your yard." What a character.

that's awesome

crackheads are definitely unpredictable, just like life when you hang out with Dr. Nick!

"Well, if it isn't my old friend, Mr. McCraig, with a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg"

Originally posted by mr.yuck

I was going over this in my head and trying to figure things out and i think that the point is "It is acceptable to steal from faceless corporations because they don't deserve the money that they make. It is not okay to steal from people because....it's wrong?"

That's interesting, but I think that our/graff culture is based on this very problem. We have always been the small guys against the big guys, that is how we started. The big, heartless corporations and beureaucratic organisations that plague people, plague our worlds, are our enemies. Meanwhile, the dude working his arse off in the corner store to feed his wife and three kids deserves our respect, so we don't fuck with his walls, windows etc. (or at least we shouldn't). We're always the underdogs, so we don't try to hurt those on the same level as us, if we have any kind of respect. maybe that's the difference.

As for whether you feel sorry for dudes who are even lower - the drugfucks stealing stereos - is another question.

Anyway, yeah i reckon you did the right thing, he didn't need a stomping. You knocked him flat out and that was effective in getting your point across, and getting the stereo back. If you see the same mutherfucker do it again then he's asking for something worse.

well with all that said..

i still believe that painting abandoned buildings and stealing from someones car to feed your drug habit are nowhere near each other in the world of legal issues.

anyways, i guess i did the righ tthing.. this thread can now slowly faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddee out.

CAM

I see where you are coming from but there are lots of people that work for these large companies that need to feed their families as well. Within every large corporation lies the small man. I doubt that Mr.CEO is going to stick his hand in his gold plated toilet when it gets clogged. He is gonna call a janitor. I bet you on that same scale that Mr.CEO busted his fuckin ass during school to get where he is at today. So that he can provide for his family in the way that he sees fit. And along the same lines. Not one company that i can think of started out as a Nation wide chain with stores every 4 blocks. What are you gonna say to Joe cornerstore if he expands and goes nation wide? Fuck you Joe Corner store you sold out. You should have stayed at the same spot working 100 hours a week for less money. Why penalize some one for achieving something that will better them and their own families and often times the communities that they donate money back to?

Im not saying that I approve of companies dumping toxic waste in the ocean. Joe Cornerstore cuts corners to save money and large corporations do to, just on a larger scale.

Now if this is how you feel about trying to destroy the big guy or what ever it sounds more like a case of jealousy than anything.

-reply's welcome-

Maybe it will fade out

And maybe it won't. I think you took a big ass risk smacking the guy. Good thing he went all the way out, or you could have been in deep shit. Even better that the Detroit cops sent you on your way, or you could have been in even deeper shit. What if the rip-off artist had a buddy driving the getaway car? What if it was a whole crew?

This problem, of people behaving in ways that really infuriate everyone around them, with no concern about possible consequences, is a problem that occurs whenever the sense of community and belonging is destroyed in a society. Every society has some sort of glue hat holds it together, and if that element of social life disappears, the entire community can disintegrate.

A perfect example is the infiltration of OxyContin into Appalachian towns, or the introduction of "gangsta" culture into the traditionally tight-knit black communities of the South. When social cohesiveness and community are impaired, the connection that individuals feel for other people in the community is weakened to the point that those people with the greatest inability to adapt and take care of themselves (drug addicts, alcoholics, prostitutes, con artists, etc.) begin to predate on the rest of society.

It is a short trip between "I can't earn enough to take care of myself" to "it's their fault that I don't have any money," to "fuck it, I'm just going to take whatever I want."

I recently watched "Sleepers" on TV. It's a pretty old movie, but I liked it because it demonstrated how the down-and-out community of Hell's Kitchen, in New York, had evolved it's own culture based on "we're getting fucked over by society, so everybody but us is fair game." If you rip off another person from the neighborhood, it ain't about getting turned into the cops. As the character Fat Man put it, "maybe downtown Justice is blind, but down here, the bitch got eyes."

Don't rip people off. That fucker who stole the car radio is damned lucky you didn't pop one between his eyes and just go home and hide. When someone steals, robs, thieves, sells dope to kids, THEY ARE TAKING A MAJOR ASS RISK. They are harming the community. And the community just might decide to harm him back.

When I was a kid, if any adult in South Park had sold us drugs, and the parents of my block found out about it, they would have turned him in to the cops in a heartbeat. It was generally a law-abiding community. But if the cops did not DEAL with his ass, then the men of the neighborhood definately would have. "Sell my kid dope---I shoot your ass with my shotgun." Simple. And very hard hearted towards predators.

Archived