Devious Minds of 12oz.

Milton

Help me think up a good excuse for quitting my job.

I have:

Going back to school...

Got a full time job out of town...

Moving out of town with a girl...

Going to jail...

Getting thrown out of my place, moving back with parents in another state...

Help me think of a good one or elaborate on one of these. It needs to be well thought out and bulletproof...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

sounds like you don't only need to get away from a job, but a person as well, what with all the moving references.

what's the deal?

i have usually quit jobs to take a better one.

my best friend just quit her job to go to bali and the phillipines until late october

i quit a job to go to paint louis

and i was once fired for failing a drug test

tell em you're joining the army.

Im moving in real life, and thats why I'm quitting but I'm moving to go to school and my manager will know if I tell him "I'm movign to go to school" that I've been planning to move since before I was hired and I told him that I was willing to work a year or more...

you said you need help with something to say in reguards to "quitting" your job, quiting refers to leaving without a 2 week notice of your departure from said job in the job world, and if thats the case, just dont go anymore ya knucklehead, im sure they'll get the picture that you quit. However, i strongly advise that you put in a 2 week notice before you quit if you are 18 or older.

its a small world out there and people know people who know other mother fuckers. you get what im saying?

now, if you meant quit as in put in a 2 week notice and leave the proper way, just say youre putting in your 2 weeks notice (i wrote mine down on a peice of paper to serve as a reminder just recently) and tell them you appreciate all that they have done for you (even if its not true) and that another opportunity has come your way that you couldn't pass up.

its that simple.

didnt see your post before mine, beat me to the punch.

in that case, id just tell him it was unexpected, and that you have to go.

just say that youre moving for another job that is a better opportunity and you couldnt pass it up.

its honestly none of their business. id still put in a 2 weeks notice if i was you but you can quit just the same.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Just tell him you had to get if of your chest...you banged his wife...you're very sorry too

"You didnt get my notice?! Come on! I gave it to you two weeks ago..."

"Here it is under your desk, come on! Fix up!"

*sleight of hand trick with folded up notice**

"See the date... there. Oh man, anyway, I'm sure I am owed some holiday pay..."

Done and done.

Just say some serious family matters came up and you have to leave the state and your not sure how long it is going to take to clear things up.Also add that you don't want to put them out by asking if they can hold the opening for you.If they ask it will be at least 2 to 3 months..after that you should be good.

Originally posted by iloveboxcars

haha

seriously he has. his employers were calling him (dont work at whole foods) nad one of our best friends picked up the phone for him and was all like "he's in jail. i dont think he will ever come out." imagine her saying that with a thick scottish voice.....

Archived