Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Devils Playground

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by BROWNer, Sep 20, 2003.

1. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

so i rented this last night.
    i think websteroner recommended this
    awhile back...
    it's about these amish teens who have to
    choose the amish life or the modern life
    when they turn a certain age..they get
    5 years to experience modern life, drive
    cars, smoke drugs and drink, all the regular
    teen things. at the end of this period they
    have to choose one or the other. but,
    if they choose the modern life, they effectively
    cut themselves off from their amish family and
    friends.
    plus the soundtrack is afx's selected ambient 2,
    all the super beautiful tracks.
    good shit.

2. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

http://www.sidf.co.uk/i/2002/films/devils_playground.jpg'>
    gettin' down. the girls during this period are expected to keep
    wearing the traditional amish stylings, while the boys get to
    wear modern teenager clothing.

3. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

4. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

aphex twin...whole soundtrack to movie is rdj????whoa!!!!!!!!!! that would make it more worth it than 8mm...damn.....amish chicks? wooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrddddddddddddddd

5. I remember mentioning this a while back during a song help thread, cause I've been trying like a motherfuck to pin down the closing credits song. I believe it's by Animals on Wheels, but I'm not entirely sure. Most of the soundtrack is Aphex Twin, but there's a few other drop-ins... they're all listed on the credits.

Anyways, it's dope. I expected it to be a little wilder, with just a bunch of Amish people getting fucked up and sexing it up all over the place, but it's actually pretty serious stuff. Recommended.

Browner, I remember you pointed me to "Project Grizzly"... fucking awesome stuff. If you're in the mood for really funny docs in the same vein, pick up "Cane Toads". It's short, but it's fucking hilarious.

*I just ran a search on the forum and apparently there's a few threads about "Devil's Playground"... I never even noticed...

6. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

7. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

yea i never noticed either...
    mamerroid, i tried to dl that animals on wheels song,
    i think you're talking about the one at the end of the
    film(?)..the song title was the same on the tune i dled,
    but there wasn't much of a break in it..it's gotta be a
    remix or vice versa.

project grizzly..man, that guy is a specimen of
    the highest order, especially when he recounts his
    life changing encounter. i had sore stomach muscles
    the next day from that scene.
    i'm gonna scope for cane toads, thanks for the
    heads up amigo.

8. DISCO BRYSO

DISCO BRYSO Senior Member

you guys have no idea what it's like to come back from a hard day's work in the mountains and then...BAM! there is a family of amish people standing in the rain.. two of them on horses and the rest walking with cheap ass ponchoes on. asking you for directions to a spot that is 8 miles away saying "we just came out for a day hike"...

now shit like that will make you "really" crazy.

here are some good docs... I think you mean documentaries:

vernon, florida!!
    gates of heaven
    fast, cheap and out of control

they are all by errol morris. if you want to have faith in a man instead of in god. have faith in errol morris. this dude has an important story to tell and also an important life lesson to learn from another human. try, try again. I never watched the last one he did "dr. death" cause shit... I am the doctor of death. no one else.

9. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

you got mail disco