-Desperation Food-

Spuds Mckenzie

Your sitting in your house in your boxers and pasties. You know you aint goin out for no food but youre hungry as fuck. There aint shit to eat except those last few items that you never want till you've opened the fridge, then the cabinet then the fridge again like 600 times.

Whats your last option desperation food?

Mine is always:

Grilled cheese.

Speghettio's.

Top Ramen.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

waffles & pbj= bangin

tuna & celary on a waffle= bangin

eggs with any mix of vegetables and or meat= bangin

any of the soup cans with labels ripped off from the previous owners of wherei live= scary sometimes suprising filled meal

which 63% of the time is bangin

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Chunky Soup and ramen rock the spot most of the time. But sometimes I'm not feeling that, so I make myself an obnoxiously large glass of chocolate milk (a good 30 ounces) that instantly puts me out of comission for a while.

I don't go hungry much anymore, but back in college I would literally run out of all types of edible items and would resort to drinking a lot of beer until I felt full. It worked beautifully.

Originally posted by Tesseract@Feb 28 2006, 10:23 AM

you handsome kids are so culinary

i know you're trying to be an ass, but seriously, i almost went to culinary school. my dad is a great chef, i learned from him and my grandmother. i can cook up some pretty darn good "home made" food like her and some culinary "works of art" like my dad. my little cousin is going to school for this, he too grew up around my dad and grandma. for his age, he's really good.

Originally posted by DETO+Feb 28 2006, 09:21 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DETO - Feb 28 2006, 09:21 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-LENS@Feb 28 2006, 10:17 AM

I dunno....I am a pretty competant cook so even when the pantry and fridge is bare i can still whip something up that doesn't make me feel like i am living on skid row

[/b]

but something i makle on the regular when the goods are running low, is this pasta my dad taught me a while ago, its what i always eat when there aint shit to eat

you get some pasta, doesnt really matter what kind, but the smaller ones in a shap work out better such as penne, and you boil it until nice and soft

chop about a 1/4 of a cup of each celery and onion, and if you like maybe a little bit of garlic

heat a sauce pan large enough to fit the pasta you have, drizzle a bit of olive oil on there

heat up to about medium heat, once its hot enough, if you wanted garlic add it there first, then wait a bit and proceed to add the celery and onion

once the onion and celery have heated a bit add the pasta and put the heat on low

mix everything around for maybe a 2-3 minutes

then add enough sour cream to cover the pasta.

now you can turn off the heat.

add salt and pepper to taste

and eat when everything is done

/CASH

chorizo and egg burrito with fiesta blend cheese

CEREAL

ramen or cup o noodles

i love rice but when you are REALLY hungry its hard to wait that 20 minutes for it to cook :(

CEREALLLLLLLLLLL i cannot stress this enough

99cent banquet frozen dinners in bbq pork rib or fried chicken

microwavable chicken nuggets

sao pao or manapua for those who wonk

spam musubi, again, have to wait for rice

mac and cheese (instant microwavable kind)

quesadilla

can of soup

or packets of salmon or tuna.

yup.

Guest nutsonmychin!

mm. that was me last night. i dined on english muffins with a slice of cheese and threw them in the toaster oven. it was amazing.

i always have soup. like ALWAYS.

tater tots

mac n cheese (spirals or spongebobs)

Originally posted by SteveAustin@Feb 28 2006, 06:17 PM

I ate ramen noodles for something like two months straight in college. I can't touch the shit now. Hell, I can barely look at it. ughhh.

yeah, i was the same way...at first you're all "oh wow, well, if i add a little meat and some veggies, it's actually pretty bomb!"

Kind of like putting a silk hat on a pig if you ask me. After a few weeks of that you realize....."Fuck, what it all boils down to is that i still eating motherfucking top ramen"

Originally posted by LENS@Feb 28 2006, 12:24 PM

"oh wow, well, if i add a little meat and some veggies, it's actually pretty bomb!"

shit...if I had the money to add extras like meat and veggies...it probably would have been the bomb. I was stuck with plain, fucking, naked ramen. every now and then somebody would give me a can of crappy soup, which I in turn traded in for some crazy bread at little ceasars. gotta love those food drives.

okay, right now i grab a bowl and pour some honey bunches of oats and chop up a banana and mix the shit around,

but when i go to the fridge theres no milk!

and seeing as how its raining and cold outside, im not gonna leave the comfort and central heating of my home to go get some

i dont even have soy milk, even though i dont drink the shit, its times liek this when i appreciate it

i hate when i dont check for milk first

Originally posted by CACashRefund@Feb 28 2006, 06:55 PM

okay, right now i grab a bowl and pour some honey bunches of oats and chop up a banana and mix the shit around,

but when i go to the fridge theres no milk!

and seeing as how its raining and cold outside, im not gonna leave the comfort and central heating of my home to go get some

i dont even have soy milk, even though i dont drink the shit, its times liek this when i appreciate it

i hate when i dont check for milk first

3fddd1cb38848.jpg

"You better put some water on that damn shit!"