Desperate people Love their looting

WhereEaglesDare

seriously....in all the news casts, photos, pictures, stories, etc....

nothing but black folk running a round, stealing, fucking shit up, looting

how come we're not seeing any white people doing this? Does anyone think the networks are being selective about what they are showing us?

Or is it really just the black folk that are taking advnatage of this situation?

Discuss

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

no the news is not biased-lol. thats just how black folks be, they got nothin, so they get what they can when they can. anwser me these two questions: 1- why do black girls talk so damn loud, we can all see u , you don't need to make yourself more evident to all on the train or bus. 2- why is it that people cant realize that black folks that have nothing, would be lootin'. fuck if i had nothing i'd be rackin shit to. but why did i see a picture of two young blk girls pushing a shopping cart thru a wal-mart or what ever, and it wasnt full of water or food to survive but full of clothes? bet you right now some black cat stole a plasma tv and is trying to turn that fucker on.

if you dont like my thoughts, then fuck off

I don't think the networks are biased either. The south is for a large majority black. And for the most part, the poor got left behind because they don't have any means of transportation to evacuate when they had a chance. And the sad fact is that a large majority of the poor are black, thus they are looting, hopefully only food and things that they need to stay healthy. I hope to god that people aren't looting for personal material gain, even though I'm afraid that it is happening. I'm also sure that there are white/latino/asian people looting too. It just happens to be that the majority are black and therefore it seems like the media is portraying or being selective on who they are broadcasting as looters. I wish black people wouldn't try to blame the media as if they are the ones to blame. It's not the media's fault that a large majority of black people are poor. I also don't feel as if most journalists these days are racists, which is what some people like to imply. I know a good number of journalist and feel as if they have an honest dedication for telling the truth in what they report. They also report things how they see it. If they see a bunch of black people looting stores for whatever reason, that will be reported on. It's not being racist. What you all are speaking of, " And yes I do think networks are being selective on what they say and show us," is reverse racism if you are conned in to believing this.

of course they are being selective. Even in times of tragedy, the news media likes to promote sensationalism, and for every black person you see with a television or beer, I bet there were twenty more with food, diapers, water or some other necessity. Don't believe everything you see on television, poor people struggling to survive in the midst of crisis while recieving little to no help doesn't spin as well as "NIGGERS STEALING TELEVISIONS FROM GOOD SOUTHERN FOLK!" news at 11.

I may have misspoken, ALL NEWS IS BIAS!!!-SEE THE STORY AT 11!!!???. I know white folks and latin folks and asian folks are looting, but look where they are reporting from. A prodominate black area, reporters only like to go where the action is and as always they go to the worst parts of a state and film from there

I grew up in Northern Cali, and the neighborhood I grew up in was 98% black. I myself am not black. I have also lived in mixed neighborhoods as well. All people, when ""THE SHIT GOES DOWN, YOU BETTA BE READY""--(""when the shit goes down""); and I mean all people Poor, Rich, White Collar, Blue Collar, all of us wil succumb to the response of nature= FIGHT OR FLIGHT / EVERYMAN FOR THEMSELVES. don't believe you see or read. Ha-Ha- you'll be reading this--lol. On the real side, in the long run, it's all about taking care of loved ones; no matter what the situation.

it's really sad...i saw a photo of hundreds, if not thousands, of people waiting to be let into the superdome to ride out the storm...and i only saw ONE white face in the crowd. i gues when the mayor of nola gave the evacuation order, he forgot that there wasn't a bus line to "higher ground"...so, a lot of poor folks got stuck while everything was blowing apart around them, and found themselves in an abandoned city with little or no oversight. oh, and probably not much food, clothing, or any way to attend to personal hygiene, either. what would you do? what is the right thing to do in this situation? do you kick back and wait for someone to provide for you? or, do you take matters into your own hands? i wouldn't have any moral conflict about getting the things i needed wherever i could get them, if i had lost everything i owned and my city was essentially a ruin. however, the media feels that they have a duty to remind us that in times of crisis, and when The Man isn't around, black people will rob us silly if the opportunity presents itself. at least they aren't running headlines like, "darkies run amok like thieving savages in the flooded streets of new orleans"...but, that's clearly implied when the only people that get caught in the act "happen" to be black. hmmmmm.

Oh, for Christ's sake! The entire goddam city is UNDER WATER. There are power lines down everywhere, thousands of building were just blown into splinters by the worst hurricane to ever hit a major metropolitan area. Roads are blocked everywhere by wreckage and abandoned, fucked up, flood-damaged cars and trucks. Interstate-10 is impassable. The miles-long bridge over Lake Ponchatrain was blown all to shit and is completely impassable. Vast stretches of the Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama coasts are in complete destruction.

It is a totally fucked up situation. The plight of the poor folks trapped at the SuperDome has nothing to do with racism, politics or anything else except the results of a huge-ass disaster that is completely beyond the ability of state and local government to handle.

Personally, I would have saddled up my shit and WALKED out of New Orleans. I would have figured out some way out of that motherfucker.

The City will be under martial law tomorrow or the next day, I'm just about positive. The National Guard and the Army will start a "Shoot to kill" policy on looters tomorrow, probably. And if the Army and the Guard can't handle it, I predict the Marines will be brought in to crush looting and anarchy.

At the same time, a large military presence means more helicopter airlift ability, more big 6x6 trucks equipped with deep-water fording kits, a graves registration force to deal with large quantities of dead bodies, and lots of Army medics and Navy doctors, nurses and hospital corpsmen. They will probably be working from hospital ships anchored out in the Mississippi or the Intercoastal Canal.

The Governor of Louisiana ordered New Orleans to be completely evacuated. It's going to take quite a while. New Orleans may never recover.

Originally posted by shai hulud@Sep 2 2005, 01:32 AM

it's really sad...i saw a photo of hundreds, if not thousands, of people waiting to be let into the superdome to ride out the storm...and i only saw ONE white face in the crowd. i gues when the mayor of nola gave the evacuation order, he forgot that there wasn't a bus line to "higher ground"...so, a lot of poor folks got stuck while everything was blowing apart around them, and found themselves in an abandoned city with little or no oversight. oh, and probably not much food, clothing, or any way to attend to personal hygiene, either. what would you do? what is the right thing to do in this situation? do you kick back and wait for someone to provide for you? or, do you take matters into your own hands? i wouldn't have any moral conflict about getting the things i needed wherever i could get them, if i had lost everything i owned and my city was essentially a ruin. however, the media feels that they have a duty to remind us that in times of crisis, and when The Man isn't around, black people will rob us silly if the opportunity presents itself. at least they aren't running headlines like, "darkies run amok like thieving savages in the flooded streets of new orleans"...but, that's clearly implied when the only people that get caught in the act "happen" to be black. hmmmmm.

Amen to that. And for real, all you people bitching and moaning about "if you're stealing food that's one thing but otherwise it's wrong"---> you are lieing to yourself if you honestly believe that in this situation, after busting into stores to get food and water you aint gonna be like "you know what... I might as well take this while I'm at it... might as well get some other shit to sell for "loot" cause God knows I'm gonna need that. Aint nobody gonna give a shit if I take a TV set or two cause everybody abandoned this shit to Katrinas wrath! These people are gonna do what they gotta to survive, and in a capitalist society that means getting that money. Espescially when everything you had has just been washed away including your home and job and any stability. Would you seriously be sitting there debating the morality of looting at that point?

Aint yall graffitti writers anyways? aint yall ever rack paint and markers and shit before? :huh2:

after almost a week of not recieving any aid, you'd be foolish NOT to take what you needed, wherever you could find it. if they declare martial law before they take care of the folks who are suffering...wow. that'll be a scene. i mean, it sounds like the city is pretty much condemned at this point, at least till it gets cleaned up...and the food, medicine, water, and any other things people have a right to expect, do nobody any good unless they're distributed. on the flip side of this, i've been reading about profiteers who are taking advantage of the misery and privation, such as $300 hotel rooms and gas going for eight dollars a gallon...and no one's doing anything about THAT.

hey kabar, you're in houston...how's all this playing out there? i know the astrodome is now sheltering people. has the governor mobilized the texas national guard yet? arnie the governator sent 500 from here, including a Special Forces A-Team form SoCal and a hundred MPs from the 870th in pittburg, and is promising more- might be the smartest thing i've seen him do yet. and, how well do you think that the guard will do in a humanitarian context? do you think they can restore order without too much violence? i'd hate for this to become a military operation...i will truly fear for the worst, at that point.

Now we've got 40,000 refugees from New Orleans in the AstroDome and in Reliant Center, here in Houston. They aren't starving. They've got volunteers out the ass up there, giving people food, bottled water, clothes, etc., etc.

Across the street is an H.E.B. supermarket. The refugees hadn't been in Houston a full day yet before a whole gang of them went across the street to the H.E.B. and crashed out of the store with a bunch of shit. The news is filled with pissed off people who live near the AstroDome whose houses and apartments are getting burglarized, their cars broken into, etc.

I don't give a shit how bad they've got it, THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO BE STEALING FROM PEOPLE. Mind you, most of the people living near the AstroDome are black, and they are PISSED OFF about being victimized by people that Houston is trying to help.

The news media must be deliberately picking the most ignorant-ass refugees they can find to interview. Are there no well-spoken people in all those thousands? Most of the people that have been interviewed are completely "entitled," and convinced that the world owes them something. Major ghettofied. This has the makings of a major fucked up problem with New Orleans thugs in Houston. Already I hear people bitching about "those people" from New Orleans.

My wife was at Sam's Club (a big box store, like Wal-Mart) and some ignorant loud-mouthed bitch with about ten people in tow and five shopping carts full of shit demanded to go to the front of the line "because I'm from New Orleans and I just survived a disaster and I don't have time to be waiting in no lines."

I'm sorry to say the other people in line let this stupid bitch and all her entourage go to the front. I wish I had been there, I would have made a major scene. Fuck her, she can wait in line just like the rest of us. I really, REALLY hate loud-mouthed, entitled assholes, especially line-jumpers.

that sounds shady...i mean, the city of Houston is trying to help out, and do the right thing... and all the problems that these folks were trying to get away from suddenly pop up across the street from the astrodome. how about that? when i said people should take or scavenge what they need, what i meant was not at gunpoint, and not from someone else who needs it, too. there's enough of that already in this world. it's a judgement call, to be sure, but i would never pass judgement on someone who took food for his family...or insulin for himself, so he wouldn't go into a coma. unfortunately, there are a lot of assholes- ARMED assholes- who are taking advantage of a natural disaster and that sickens me...these guys are bullies, they're opportunistic, and the worst part is, the people that are left for them to prey upon are the poor and wretched, who lost EVERYTHING and now are being raped, beaten and murdered by a bunch of cowards with guns...these guys deserve the worst, up to and including summary execution...and that's coming from a pacifist.

you sound pretty pissed off...i don't blame you. i don't know why someone would do what that woman did in the store, but i suspect she wasn't much different before, either. i honestly don't know what to say about people getting ripped off in houston- my guess is it's probably junkies doing it to get high, i don't know. i hope this doesn't make you resentful towards the refugees in general- i'm sure a lot of them are good people, who have gone through a lot of shit and need to be treated like human beings again. i agree that the press could be a lot less biased and way more respectful with regard to how these folks are presented...this is a bad deal, all the way around. and, it's far from over.

n.o. is still really segerated and a pretty racist city, this is nothing more then a uprising of people who now that they mean less then nothing to something which they are a equal part of, they media likes to portray certian groups in certian light to portray them as emenies of the state so the people have no sympanthy for these groups then the goverment destroys to maintain its strangle hold on its slaves, slavery was never abolished the rules were just changed to include anyone who isnt rich and to keep them in a place where they cant get rich. the further the gain of a select few. thats why there is fucking rioting on the streets anxd people trying to shoot at helicopters.

I think its kind of pompous of the media and the more well-off to be pointing fingers at the looters. Put yourself in their shoes. This isnt some dawsons creek tragedy, the neighborhoods these people are from were disaster areas before anybody ever heard of katrina. Of course they're gonna be taking shit. Its probably the only time most of them will ever be able to leave a department store with a shopping cart full of top-dollar merchandise in their lives.

Originally posted by KaBar2@Sep 3 2005, 07:03 AM

Now we've got 40,000 refugees from New Orleans in the AstroDome and in Reliant Center, here in Houston.  They aren't starving.  They've got volunteers out the ass up there, giving people food, bottled water, clothes, etc., etc.

Across the street is an H.E.B. supermarket.  The refugees hadn't been in Houston a full day yet before a whole gang of them went across the street to the H.E.B. and crashed out of the store with a bunch of shit.  The news is filled with pissed off people who live near the AstroDome whose houses and apartments are getting burglarized, their cars broken into, etc.

I don't give a shit how bad they've got it, THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO BE STEALING FROM PEOPLE.  Mind you, most of the people living near the AstroDome are black, and they are PISSED OFF about being victimized by people that Houston is trying to help.

The news media must be deliberately picking the most ignorant-ass refugees they can find to interview.  Are there no well-spoken people in all those thousands?  Most of the people that have been interviewed are completely "entitled," and convinced that the world owes them something.  Major ghettofied.  This has the makings of a major fucked up problem with New Orleans thugs in Houston.  Already I hear people bitching about "those people" from New Orleans.

My wife was at Sam's Club (a big box store, like Wal-Mart) and some ignorant loud-mouthed bitch with about ten people in tow and five shopping carts full of shit demanded to go to the front of the line "because I'm from New Orleans and I just survived a disaster and I don't have time to be waiting in no lines."

I'm sorry to say the other people in line let this stupid bitch and all her entourage go to the front.  I wish I had been there, I would have made a major scene.  Fuck her, she can wait in line just like the rest of us.  I really, REALLY hate loud-mouthed, entitled assholes, especially line-jumpers.

You'll get no argument from me on anything you just said. I was refering to those still in N.O. looting. Everyone knows they just been through hell and are exausted and misserable, but anybody taking this attitude of entitlement to houston or anywhere else that's putting them up deserves to get knocked the fuck out.

Like dude said there's alot of dope-sick feinds and other crazy's that were left behind being as it was mostly the ghetto that couldn't flee. You can't go blaiming it on all the refugees though. I'm sure most of them quit looting when they left N.O.

i know that if i was involved in a natural disaster and i walked out and the town was completely deserted and there where no free greyhound buses to get me the fuck out, i would pack what i needed, and put on my fucking walking shoes, and fucking find some people i know. damn. i am so under prepared for something like this. i need to go get me a fucking hiking bag and stock with necessities.

do i live in fear or ignorance?

Originally posted by SF1+Sep 3 2005, 06:16 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SF1 - Sep 3 2005, 06:16 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Dawood@Sep 1 2005, 01:25 AM

Black cats are bad Luck...Bad guys wear black...Must have been a white guy that started all that .......THEY GET THE GAS FACE for those little white lies. My description of the devilish blue eyes.

Is that a Brand Nubian?

[/b]

Actually, It was MC SERCH....a whiteboy!

if he's addressing what the media is showing us, then i think he's being ironic...every situation i've seen on the news (the rodney king riots, for example) where the national guard has to go straighten out a restive urban area inevitably shows the black guy running down the street with a shopping cart full of shit...liek i said, they can't get away with racist headlines, but i haven't seen much of the good things people are trying to do, just the usual sensationalism thatgoes along with this type of story. even the mayor of NOLA has said that while he doesn't condone criminal activtiy, he can't blame hard-up people for getting fed up and taking what they need to survive. he's gonna have a hard time with that one later...

or, maybe he IS racist, i don't know. i hope not. if so, then shame on you. but, this isn't a race issue, these people didn't have shit to start with and now they're even worse off than before. we'd do the same thing too if any of our towns turned into an island overnight and no one came to help. that's called taking care of number one.