Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Desperate people Love their looting

Discussion in 'News' started by WhereEaglesDare, Aug 31, 2005.

1. WhereEaglesDare

WhereEaglesDare Member

seriously....in all the news casts, photos, pictures, stories, etc....

nothing but black folk running a round, stealing, fucking shit up, looting

how come we're not seeing any white people doing this? Does anyone think the networks are being selective about what they are showing us?

Or is it really just the black folk that are taking advnatage of this situation?

Discuss

2. Bumboclot.

Bumboclot. Member

3. Dawood

Dawood Elite Member

Black cats are bad Luck...Bad guys wear black...Must have been a white guy that started all that .......THEY GET THE GAS FACE for those little white lies. My description of the devilish blue eyes.

4. Tough Love

Tough Love Senior Member

not to mention the abundance of black people in the south. That alone should make it no surprise that theyr the ones who are most likely caught on TV looting. Or the fact that they may be poorer then the average folk, or still have been caught out by the storm

5. suavefella

suavefella Junior Member

no the news is not biased-lol. thats just how black folks be, they got nothin, so they get what they can when they can. anwser me these two questions: 1- why do black girls talk so damn loud, we can all see u , you don't need to make yourself more evident to all on the train or bus. 2- why is it that people cant realize that black folks that have nothing, would be lootin'. fuck if i had nothing i'd be rackin shit to. but why did i see a picture of two young blk girls pushing a shopping cart thru a wal-mart or what ever, and it wasnt full of water or food to survive but full of clothes? bet you right now some black cat stole a plasma tv and is trying to turn that fucker on.

if you dont like my thoughts, then fuck off

6. Hambammo

Hambammo New Jack

I don't think the networks are biased either. The south is for a large majority black. And for the most part, the poor got left behind because they don't have any means of transportation to evacuate when they had a chance. And the sad fact is that a large majority of the poor are black, thus they are looting, hopefully only food and things that they need to stay healthy. I hope to god that people aren't looting for personal material gain, even though I'm afraid that it is happening. I'm also sure that there are white/latino/asian people looting too. It just happens to be that the majority are black and therefore it seems like the media is portraying or being selective on who they are broadcasting as looters. I wish black people wouldn't try to blame the media as if they are the ones to blame. It's not the media's fault that a large majority of black people are poor. I also don't feel as if most journalists these days are racists, which is what some people like to imply. I know a good number of journalist and feel as if they have an honest dedication for telling the truth in what they report. They also report things how they see it. If they see a bunch of black people looting stores for whatever reason, that will be reported on. It's not being racist. What you all are speaking of, " And yes I do think networks are being selective on what they say and show us," is reverse racism if you are conned in to believing this.

7. Bumboclot.

Bumboclot. Member

ALMOST ALL (IF NOT ALL) NETWORKS ARE BIASED.

8. dumy

dumy Veteran Member

of course they are being selective. Even in times of tragedy, the news media likes to promote sensationalism, and for every black person you see with a television or beer, I bet there were twenty more with food, diapers, water or some other necessity. Don't believe everything you see on television, poor people struggling to survive in the midst of crisis while recieving little to no help doesn't spin as well as "NIGGERS STEALING TELEVISIONS FROM GOOD SOUTHERN FOLK!" news at 11.

9. dumy

dumy Veteran Member

also N.O. is basically..white people= money black people= poor most of the people left were too poor to evacuate hense the reason why you see a lot more black people than whites...

10. Krakatau

Krakatau Member

Exactly^^
    The correct title for this thread was:
    "Poor people love their looting"

11. ERIZENO

ERIZENO Senior Member

taking things like food and water is survival,
    Any one taking TV's and shit is looting !!!!!

regardless of race or household income. Period.

12. suavefella

suavefella Junior Member

I may have misspoken, ALL NEWS IS BIAS!!!-SEE THE STORY AT 11!!!???. I know white folks and latin folks and asian folks are looting, but look where they are reporting from. A prodominate black area, reporters only like to go where the action is and as always they go to the worst parts of a state and film from there

I grew up in Northern Cali, and the neighborhood I grew up in was 98% black. I myself am not black. I have also lived in mixed neighborhoods as well. All people, when ""THE SHIT GOES DOWN, YOU BETTA BE READY""--(""when the shit goes down""); and I mean all people Poor, Rich, White Collar, Blue Collar, all of us wil succumb to the response of nature= FIGHT OR FLIGHT / EVERYMAN FOR THEMSELVES. don't believe you see or read. Ha-Ha- you'll be reading this--lol. On the real side, in the long run, it's all about taking care of loved ones; no matter what the situation.

13. angelofdeath

angelofdeath Elite Member

"taking things like food and water is survival,
    Any one taking TV's and shit is looting !!!!!

regardless of race or household income. Period. "

amen my friend.

14. ERIZENO

ERIZENO Senior Member

remember this agreement next time we are in a more political thread.

15. shai

shai Dirty Dozen Crew

it's really sad...i saw a photo of hundreds, if not thousands, of people waiting to be let into the superdome to ride out the storm...and i only saw ONE white face in the crowd. i gues when the mayor of nola gave the evacuation order, he forgot that there wasn't a bus line to "higher ground"...so, a lot of poor folks got stuck while everything was blowing apart around them, and found themselves in an abandoned city with little or no oversight. oh, and probably not much food, clothing, or any way to attend to personal hygiene, either. what would you do? what is the right thing to do in this situation? do you kick back and wait for someone to provide for you? or, do you take matters into your own hands? i wouldn't have any moral conflict about getting the things i needed wherever i could get them, if i had lost everything i owned and my city was essentially a ruin. however, the media feels that they have a duty to remind us that in times of crisis, and when The Man isn't around, black people will rob us silly if the opportunity presents itself. at least they aren't running headlines like, "darkies run amok like thieving savages in the flooded streets of new orleans"...but, that's clearly implied when the only people that get caught in the act "happen" to be black. hmmmmm.