Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Desktop or Laptop?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Fugazi, Jan 16, 2004.

1. Fugazi

Fugazi Senior Member

I just got a laptop for Christmas... I love it. Sitting in bed with wireless DSL and talking shit on the internet.... does it get any better than this? Anyone else out there prefer laptops over desktops?

2. krie

krie Guest

got both .. prefer the desktop only cause it runs ebtter then the laptop

3. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

4. slave_one

slave_one Elite Member

i wish i could afford a 17" titanium apple laptop.

5. Fugazi

Fugazi Senior Member

Definately the way to go. I have both too, except in my case the laptop is better. The only thing I hate about the laptop is not having a real mouse when I'm away from a desk (I have a portable optical mouse for it). Other than that... it kicks ass. And with two computers, we get some serious games of Battlefield 1942 going....

6. geezpot

geezpot Elite Member

I have both.

I prefer the wireless mobility of my laptop although my desktop is faster and has all my downloads on it so its stacked.

7. yoga

yoga Junior Member

desktop straight out, only because i can't afford a laptop...

8. Crimsøn

Crimsøn Senior Member

Same here, I have wireless router, but I still have to plug that into the wall and plug in the ethernet cable...but oh well.
    I like my laptop more than my PC, but I need to get a desk tho, tired of sitting on the bed.

9. vinyl junkie

vinyl junkie Elite Member

yes it does get better than that...

sitting on the shitter with wireless dsl and talking shit on the internet...

i have a desktop too (recent kick down) that i'm working on getting updated cuz it has incredibly massive storage space... with the 2 external hard drives, i could fill my laptop completely and still copy the entire fucking thing onto the desktop about 80 times... that thing'll be good fun once i get it up and running...

10. When

When 12oz Loyalist

just how fast is wireless dsl?
    ive been thinking about investing in it
    but im not sure

some tell me its fast, some say it sucks

i love my laptop by the way

11. Fugazi

Fugazi Senior Member

If you can, I would avoid wireless DSL. It's nice to not have the cords to tie you down but I have experienced a lot of problems such as the following (and keep in mind I have a friend who is a computer tech that has been working on everything since I set it up):

1. We have 4 computers set up on the network. One can only stay connected for about 5 minutes at a time. Who knows why.

2. If you have any 2.4 Ghz frequency phones, whenever someone calls or you call out, everyone will be disconnected from the network due to frequency sharing.

3. If you play any games via a LAN network this shit is confusing as hell. Some computers in our network for some reason can't host (even after we disabled our firewall),and others can't even see eachother.

Get the dsl with wires.... easier to set up, easier to trouble shoot.

12. When

When 12oz Loyalist

id only be using it on my laptop
    i use 900mhz phones
    and i dont play many online games

i just want something i can take with me
    but i really dont want to pay the price if its not going to be fast
    or has alot of problems

13. Fugazi

Fugazi Senior Member

It has a lot of problems bottom line and I have read it's only 1/10th the speed of ethernet DSL.

14. InDY_500

InDY_500 Veteran Member

got the new HP laptop.........fuckin dope as heller.....

15. S@T@N

S@T@N Senior Member

Desktops. The power in laptops will never be as powerful in the same
    timeframe, the technology is always many months behind.

ex: laptop video cards