Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

deskmod

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by dosoner, Jul 18, 2004.

1. dosoner

dosoner Elite Member

its like a show your desktop thread, but for supercharged versions

mines pretty mild in its current state:

[​IMG]

2. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

3. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v290/yagevines/desktop2.jpg'>

I don't get it. I wanted to show off my Neuromancer picture, though.

4. dosoner

dosoner Elite Member

its just modified desktop guys, like they look rather diffrent than a normal windows desktop

there for deskmod = desktop modification

5. GnomeToys

GnomeToys Elite Member

I like wasting my processor time with programs that do something other than attempt to make my workflow less linear. I spend about 5 seconds navigating to a program and an hour using it, so I don't really care what the buttons that got me there look like. Sorry.

6. dosoner

dosoner Elite Member

my workflow is plenty fast with all the useless crap i have, infact i dont think its slowed down much at all by it, if so i would know by the cpu usage gage clearly displayed on my desktop

7. Nekro

Nekro Elite Member

Doesn't it hurt your eyes to stare at that for long periods? Your computer screen is essentially a gigantic lightbulb and yours is all white. I'm feeling the idea but not the excecution.

On that note, how would i set up a similar desktop? Are there any programs or websites I should check out?

8. dosoner

dosoner Elite Member

9. Teh0wnz

Teh0wnz Member

Thanks for those links, I'm gonna go check that out now, and possibly post a screen here in a bit.

10. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

11. styxx119

styxx119 New Jack

wow, you guy are geeks, who really needs guages and shit for cpu usage.. who gives a fuck..

12. LaCosaNostra

LaCosaNostra Senior Member

This would be cool if I could figure out where to start? Directions?

13. dosoner

dosoner Elite Member

to get started, just look around at screen shots and skins and stuff, then get some programs like style xp (thats what im using), some winamp skins, wall paper, and anything eles that looks intresting there, its all pretty simple stuff, most of the things you use to change the looks of things are pretty basic and easy to use.