Designing Tattoos

soej

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

There are for sure some tattoo artists on here, Ive had mixed reviews from people who want to 'design' tattoos. Point made: You need to understand how a tattoo is put on the skin/works to design a good one so it should be left to professionals.

but I've had many friends ask for me to make designs and things for them, I always fear they are to complicated will get smudgy with time and that whoever tat's them cannot do exactly what i did - as well as i did in the original.

but why do you ask?

Does anyone here design graffiti tattoos? I've drawn up a few for myself, but I want to see if maybe someone would be nice enough to give me other options. I want the word "Humanity" in a graff style on my right forearm. Thanks guys.

(Posted in the tattoo thread; got bashed. yeaaaah.)

I really don't get why man. Sometimes people make graff so political. People gotta look back and think about why we all really do it, and it's cause we love the underground art it really is. And if it's what represents me and what I love doing, then I'm gonna rep that through a tattoo.. That's just my opinion though.

Tattoos are a permanent mark on your skin so when you grow out of the graffiti fad (like majority of writers do) you'll be reminded with a soupy mess of colors as a permanent reminder until you choose to get it lasered off or covered up.

Street art normally doesn't transfer well on skin, it's an artform that is based on walls with bold colors.

Sorry for the real talk but if you want to get a tattoo about writing then come up with something witty that is timeless so you don't regret it in 5 years. Graffiti lettering is on the same level as tribal tattoos.

look at tattoo flash and try to see if there is any style you like.

the stuff on the walls at a tattoo shop will give you a pretty good

idea of what a tattoo should look like. please dont get a graf tat.

styles change, and your shit will look doodoo in 10 years....

ask me how i know

Asking for a tattoo of a graffiti piece is kind of like asking for a watercolor of an oil painting... it just doesn't really transfer. The vibrancy and brightness of the colors, the contrast, etc, are just not the same.

Tattoos and graffiti are two of my favorite things, and I don't think I've ever seen a tattoo of a piece that I thought looked good.

Yeah harvey, I thought that too at first but then I saw this guys piece on his forearm. It was black and white, and extremely dope. That's where it originally sparked my interest, and got me thinking how I really wanted it. I also saw one on this guys forearm in this Ironlak video that looked cool in black and white even though you can only see it for a moment. Check it out if you'd like..

At 39ish seconds.

Its because youre in Untitled and not CH0. Few traffic through here. Also to the threads here offer a critiquing view of things rather than the typical humorous annoying antics of CH0. Doesnt mean though that hate isnt around ahha.

On the subject though. Dont get a graff tattoo. If you want a tattoo get something in the traditional style. I can agree with the fact that a tattoo will lack the color to really capture the original design. Also to graff is always changing by the minute and someone who does something now that looks AWESOME could of been done by someone 10 years ago and how far advanced is that person now vs the other? You know you can get a solid tattoo from a awesome artist and you know that you will enjoy that until you die. But if you were to get a graff tattoo then you will love it at first, this design by someone at their "peak", but as the years pass your thought about it will change and then youll begin to loathe that its on your body.

Tattoo art is always advancing the basic style has solidified and that will always be there. When its hot it stays hot.

Graff is always advancing with a multitude of limited run styles that come and go, peak and plummet, but when its hot get it while you can but tomorrow is another day. Dont put that ish on your body.

Here's some random bashing comments just to fill the quota, wouldn't want to think this place is slipping....

A]Shut up toy, instead of a tattoo go take a bullet.

B]Fucking weepy sausage fest up in here with all the faggy comments.

C]Get the graff -n- Dance tattoo and be super awesome, you'll love it in 10 years.

D]Get a tattoo of boogie hands

E]post tits or GTFO

:lol:

Here's some random bashing comments just to fill the quota, wouldn't want to think this place is slipping....

A]Shut up toy, instead of a tattoo go take a bullet.

B]Fucking weepy sausage fest up in here with all the faggy comments.

C]Get the graff -n- Dance tattoo and be super awesome, you'll love it in 10 years.

D]Get a tattoo of boogie hands

E]post tits or GTFO

:lol:

thanks man, i feel a lot better now that my gay ass thread got bashed.